1987 Turbo Regal (GN) FS in WI $9000

GNJimC

Up for sale is a hard top 87 Turbo Regal. This car is actually an original turbo car with the WO2 option code NOT the WE2 option code as a GN. The previous owner, or owner somwhere converted this over to a Grand National and in reality could of left it alone. I acquired the car via a trade for my 87 T-Top about 2 months ago. I just want to be up front in saying this is NOT a GN but it is a true turbo car (LC2) and the VIN number matches. It is NOT a WE4 car however. I am also not 100% sure this car was originally black but I can check the codes. As far as history? It looks like I am the 5th owner and it was originaly titled in Janesville WI, so it is local. I can check with the local Buick dealer to see if they sold the car new since they sold quite a few TR's back in the day.

The car is pretty clean. The paint was re-done last winter and was a good job. Not a $20K show paint job but it is good. The exhaust is new and I put new 235/60/15 tires on it. There are a couple tears in the seats and a few minor intererior issues but other than that it is clean.

The previous owner did tell me the motor was redone about 4k miles before I got it but he "lost" the paperwork. Plug wires were replaced, fuel pressure regulator replaced and it has the hooker exhaust headers. I was also told a new turbo but again, no paperwork to back it up.

The car has 120K miles and a clean carfax. It looks like in 94 there was a collision with an animal (I will assume a deer being in WI) and a fender bender in 2000. I know for a fact in WI that if it was totaled it would have a salvage title and this car does not.

I am just trying to represent the car the best that I can. I do drive the car on nice days to my office so it is not an everyday car but not a garage queen. When it is in the garage it is coverd with a car cover.

I am asking $9000. I included 4 pictures so people have an idea.

Attachments

• car 012.jpg
    car 012.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,902
  • car 013.jpg
    car 013.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,116
  • car008.jpg
    car008.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,115
  • Picture 002 (2).jpg
    Picture 002 (2).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,110
I will consider trades for the following:

4x4 ATV and plow plus cash. (I have a big driveway)

Outside chance that I would consider a C4 Vette plus some cash. (yes seems wierd but I have my reasons)

Cash. Just bring cash and we can work a little bit on price but I wont give it away.

Thanks

New Price before I put it on e-bay

$8500.

Or trades for what I had listed before.

Thanks

TTT

I looks as if I was too descriptive whereas if I would have left 1/2 of the info out and did not include pictures the thread would have filled with the one line replys such as: Price? Location? Pics? Color? etc etc.

Also, the market must be real slow. Even the lowballers are not lowballing :eek:

Thank you for the honest description, seems like a fair deal to me.

Your honesty is appreciated.

TTT

Somebody will buy this car, be patient.

Ty

Bump (again)

Did I mentioned I lowered the price to $8000. This wont drop in value as fast as your 401K :biggrin: Or if it is like mine, it is a 200.5K :eek:

Mid-Month bump....

Trades I will consider:

4x4 ATV with plow, or somthing that I can trade in on a 4x4 ATV/plow.

Boat: 18-20 ft ski boat or deck boat. Outside chance I would consider waverunners, however if anything is traded I would like WI or No.IL

clean 84 GN or 85 WH1. Yeah seems odd but I have my reason's

OR, if I cant trade or sell I just might buy another TR, may as well store a few more over winter!

Thanks

Trades I will consider:

4x4 ATV with plow, or somthing that I can trade in on a 4x4 ATV/plow.

Boat: 18-20 ft ski boat or deck boat. Outside chance I would consider waverunners, however if anything is traded I would like WI or No.IL

clean 84 GN or 85 WH1. Yeah seems odd but I have my reason's

OR, if I cant trade or sell I just might buy another TR, may as well store a few more over winter!

Thanks

'99 Tahoe?

safari54@hotmail.com if interested. Thanks 501-681-4687.

Tahoe...

Sorry but no thanks. Nice looking truck but a 2wd Tahoe in WI is not worth very much. We had 100 inches of snow last year. I have no use for a truck like that and would not be of much value for potential trades up here.

Thanks for the offer though

I would also consider a C-3 or C-4 Vette. My reason would be that if the GN does not sell I will take it to my kid's school fundraiser auction next spring. Big ticket items like this are used as a "draw" to get people to the auction. I hate to say it, but a C-3 or C-4 vette would probably draw more people because 95% of the population just see the turbo buicks as just an old Regal.

84GN. I miss my old one and could justify keeping one of those, also same for an 85 WH1 since that was my first car back in the day. Still love that color combo.

That's cool. I can see where a Corvette would be a better vehicle up north in the snow than a Tahoe.

Thanks!

That's cool. I can see where a Corvette would be a better vehicle up north in the snow than a Tahoe.

Thanks!

I see that you cant read. That is NOT the reason I want a Vette. I have a Vette now as well as the GN and both are parked inside, undercover over the winter. If you have a SUV in WI it is probably a 4x4 and I already have one. Storing a lowered 2wd, 2 door tahoe is not somthing I want to do. Your truck is not MY style quite frankly since I dont think it could pull my boat out of the water in the summer time. (need 4x4) I would have to find someone up here that would like that truck and the market is probably softer for a truck like that than it is for a in WI.

If I traded for another Vette it would not be to drive it in the winter. Read my post for the explanation. I dont think advertising that we are selling a lowered 2wd, 2 door Tahoe would be a huge draw to the school auction.

Thanks

I see that you cant read. That is NOT the reason I want a Vette. I have a Vette now as well as the GN and both are parked inside, undercover over the winter. If you have a SUV in WI it is probably a 4x4 and I already have one. Storing a lowered 2wd, 2 door tahoe is not somthing I want to do. Your truck is not MY style quite frankly since I dont think it could pull my boat out of the water in the summer time. (need 4x4) I would have to find someone up here that would like that truck and the market is probably softer for a truck like that than it is for a in WI.

If I traded for another Vette it would not be to drive it in the winter. Read my post for the explanation. I dont think advertising that we are selling a lowered 2wd, 2 door Tahoe would be a huge draw to the school auction.

Thanks

I see that your a jerk.

Now, I was just joking. So, get over yourself, calm down, and have a nice day.