1987 "t"

NICE BUICK!! I may be a little more interested if the price was lower. I figure the paint for sure is $2500 plus a few of the other things $500. A couple months ago I saw a WE4 that was awesome sell for around 8K. How many miles on the engine and tranny? Is it not the 200r4 GN tranny? How is the quality of the wheels? THANKS!!

Here is the one that sold
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/311438-1987-buick-we4-pa.html

That WE4 was sold so cheap because the seller was having personal matters that led him to sell it. It was originally for around 14K which is STILL cheap considering. Luckily, a fellow board member stopped the bleeding and picked it up.

You're not going to come by those deals again (hopefully). I can't wait 'til the market picks back up so these sellers can get away from giving these things away and dealing w/so many cheap tirekickers (not saying you're one).

If I wasn't trying to free up space and sell my own, I would have easily given the seller of the WE4 10K and told him to keep the change.

Sorry about the rant TS and GLWS.

NICE BUICK!! I may be a little more interested if the price was lower. I figure the paint for sure is $2500 plus a few of the other things $500. A couple months ago I saw a WE4 that was awesome sell for around 8K. How many miles on the engine and tranny? Is it not the 200r4 GN tranny? How is the quality of the wheels? THANKS!!

Here is the one that sold
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/311438-1987-buick-we4-pa.html

Kind of irrelivant what that car sold for. Different car different circumstances.

This car is well worth the $10,500. If your not interested move on.

TIA

I agree

Kind of irrelivant what that car sold for. Different car different circumstances.

This car is well worth the $10,500. If your not interested move on.

TIA

I agree with you but the car selling thing right now is starting to remind me of the housing market. Someone is struggling so they sell the house cheap or as a short sale. It hurts the rest of the market. Don't get me wrong I would pay $10500 for that car. I sold my GN in August of 2008 when the market was hotter for $20K and now I would maybe get $16K. I'm currently building my step dads to look similar to my old one. This was my car.
Buick Grand National - Car Videos on StreetFire
YouTube - Buick Grand National at Holt,Fl

Ok got a quesstions. How hard is or exspensive will it be to fix the a/c and the rear main seal .Is the rear main leak a big deal? How much leaks overnight? Should i be worried about it? And i know this may sound dumb. but im still figuring these cars out.. but whats the code 51 all about?

A/C will run you anywhere from 600-800$ depending on extent of parts replaced and shop labor price per hour (usually 70-90$ per hour) (the most I spent on a complete a/c conversion w/most parts replaced was 750.00). 0-500$ if you do the work yourself (depending on what's wrong). Here are a couple links to give you an idea on both:

Heater and Air Conditioning

Rear Main Seal Replacement

Not sure about the 51 option code. The only 51 I know is A51 = bucket seats or paint code 51 = gold (i think)? TS can definitely answer this one.

I agree with you but the car selling thing right now is starting to remind me of the housing market. Someone is struggling so they sell the house cheap or as a short sale. It hurts the rest of the market. Don't get me wrong I would pay $10500 for that car. I sold my GN in August of 2008 when the market was hotter for $20K and now I would maybe get $16K. I'm currently building my step dads to look similar to my old one. This was my car.
Buick Grand National - Car Videos on StreetFire
YouTube - Buick Grand National at Holt,Fl

Nice GN you had, I bet BWeavy loved you:tongue:

Congrats on being upright and walking, thats awesome.

Back on topic.

Ok got a quesstions. How hard is or exspensive will it be to fix the a/c and the rear main seal .Is the rear main leak a big deal? How much leaks overnight? Should i be worried about it? And i know this may sound dumb. but im still figuring these cars out.. but whats the code 51 all about?

The AC had a broken hose when I got the car, it has been repaired, then the compressor was shot, it has been replaced. It was then taken apart and cleaned out, new oil and charged. It worked for a week, I need to replace the seals on the compressor and charge it again. I now that that is where the leak is.

Rear seal, will give you a drip every other day, seems the more I drive it the less it leaks:confused: I had the engine out, upside down, followed the directions I got from someone on thie board, cleaned it sealed it and put it back together. Damn thing still gives a drop?

I just have not driven it much, so it's not high on the fix it list. I'm afraid if I fix it, it won't be sold:cool:

51 option codes is a very low option car, DK had a contest here and my 51 codes sat until someone came into it with 50. Most are in the 70-80 code list. It's a striped down HT car, the only option it has, that is not standard is PW locks, it has roll down windows, no PW trunk, etc. Does it matter, :confused:, it does make it unique if that matters.

A lot of cars out there to choose from, I know it's very easy to stick thousands into these things and still not get it right. Feel free to PM me a number if you like to talk about it in person.

Thanks again,

A/C will run you anywhere from 600-800$ depending on extent of parts replaced and shop labor price per hour (usually 70-90$ per hour) (the most I spent on a complete a/c conversion w/most parts replaced was 750.00). 0-500$ if you do the work yourself (depending on what's wrong). Here are a couple links to give you an idea on both:

Thanks for the input, I answered the question above. All of the expensive work to the AC is complete. A couple of seals and freon. When I had it working it was ice cold:cool:

51 codes is the option count on the RPO sticker:cool:

I have had 2 GN engines rebuilt and I have about 5 other friends with GN's and no matter what it seems as though they all and mine included still drips once and a while.

I'd really like to move this car, it's sat in the garage for the last 6 weeks, started it twice and let it warm up. About 100 miles since April:confused:

I'd perfer to see someone drivng and enjoying it:cool: This car has never seen salt, in fact, it hasn't seen rain since I've had it:wink:

I could take some stuff off the car, which would reduce the price?

Progressive Alky kit
Stereo - I still have the stock one, not sure how well it works?
Gauges.

I do have a non alky chip and could hook up the stock boost controller. Why anyone would want that, I have no idea?

Need to draw some interest, open to suggestions.

Come drive it, Bring cash, you'll like it:biggrin:

I will be there yesterday Rich...as soon as I can dump this darn SVO I would do exactly as you described.

Fly in, drive it home.

Good luck on the sale, there is no issue with that price for that car.

Dan

Had a kid want to buy the car, I didn't sell it to him:confused:

I need an adult to have this car that can appreicate and handle it. I don't need to see it on the news.

Anyhow, $9,500.00 Firm, Final reduction. Again, fly in drive it home.:TU:

Thanks,

Nope, :cool:

I was out for a little ride last night, when an Audi came whipping up on me, turned out is was a friend of mine who just picked it up. We didn't have a lot of room, but stopped 100' or so back from the light. Other than the Buick having problems keeping the tires planted, he jumped me by 1/2 car (Damn AWD) and that's it! We ran out of room and had to slow down. We pulled over, seems his new car is a twin turbo AWD, and dynoed at 550hp! He just shook his head in amazement on how fast the Buick is. He said the Audi runs in the 12's and would guess the Buick is right there as well

I'm not so sure it's going anywhere, last night was the hardest I've ever jumped on it and it was incredible

Going to try and get it to the track and run him for real. I'd like to see what happens when I hit 2nd. That is unless someone shows up with cash:cool:

After a long thought process, the decision has been made to keep the car right where it is. Thank you all for your interest. Car is no longer for sale. The wife thinks it will look nice alongside the 69 GS. ;)

Good for you Rich!!!

I'm sorry I couldn't drum up the duckets earlier, but I'm glad you decided to keep it.

The kiddo's are lucky to have the car stay in the family. My daughter still asks where the black car is.

After a long thought process, the decision has been made to keep the car right where it is. Thank you all for your interest. Car is no longer for sale. The wife thinks it will look nice alongside the 69 GS. ;)

Im glad you decided to keep it Rich!!! Sry i couldnt come up with the funds soon enough. Everything happens for a reason!!:smile:

Just got back from BG, have decided to concentrate on 1 car and not have a fleet to take care of. Went from Hudson WI, to Milwaukee, to BG. 1,718 miles round trip, consistant 21 MPG running 70-75 MPH, car ran perfectly. It now has 110K on the clock. Fly in and drive it home. Rotors have been replaced. AC fixed for awhile, needs a compressor (It leaks at the seal), 44 output temp for a month, has partal charge. Just full charge leaks. If you'd like I can put a new compressor in it, add $500 to the total :)

$9,500.00 Firm

Going to pack it away for winter really soon.