54Rich

1987 Regal “T” Type
Black paint code 19
Built 3rd week December 1986
106,000 miles
Originally a Tennessee car Zero Rust.
Low 51 option car
$12,000

I bought this in 4/07 with 104,000 miles on it. From there it spent the first year on jack stands. Everything, and I mean everything has been gone through. Here is a partial list:

1) New tires, 5/16” Spacers on GTA’s (4 Fronts), P225/55R16 Fronts, P255/50R16 Sumitomo’s
2) Posi Rear, longer wheel studs, Royal Purple Fluid
3) Ceramic Brakes, pads, rubber lines replaced with SS, PW master replaced with vacuum, new S-10 rear cyl.
4) New carpet
5) New Battery
6) Recovered Headliner and Jax also did the visors
7) 1986 seat set that is as good as it gets, Interior is a 9
8) Pioneer CD head unit. Pioneer 3.5” front, Pioneer 6X9 with adapters rear, Small sub in the trunk, 4 gauge wiring to the sub (Future upgrade)
9) Viper 5900 paging remote
10) New trunk mat
11) Numbers matching motor, just went through, new valve springs, ddl roller timing chain, Roller cam button. GM Gasket set.
12) New Stock Turbo, Adjustable Wastegate, RJC Boost Controller
13) New re-cored Radiator
14) 009 injectors
15) SMC Progressive ALKY Kit
16) TT Chip for ALKY and one without
17) RJP Power Plate, removed EGR
18) Adjustable fuel regulator, XP Pump, hotwire kit.
19) Kirbin’s PVC one way valve
20) 4” Big Mouth Intake
21) 3 ½” MAF with Translator
22) Silicone vacuum lines
23) Spring Cleaning (Plugs, Wires, O2 Sensor)
24) New Gas Tank
25) Non Numbers BFR Trans with BR3 Valve Body, Shift kit by Dave Husek
26) Body Braces, Rear Seat, Hood, and frame
27) Scanmaster, Boost/Vac, Knock, Oil Pressure and Temp gauges
28) Car cover

Here’s what it needs:

1) Front speaker cover is cracked/warped (Aren’t they all?)
2) AC needs charged, needs new gaskets at the compressor, very slight leak
3) Rotors could be turned, Hard braking you can feel it in the wheel.
4) Dash tach/boost gauge does not work
5) After all the gaskets were replaced, it still has a once in awhile drip from the rear seal.
6) Needs paint it’s a 10’, however there is no rust on the car. I was quoted $2,500 for paint.

Car is complete, all the little pieces that were missing when I received the car are there. Down to the spare and jack. I have a pile or receipts, that I stopped keeping track of long ago. Car is very tight no squeaks or rattles. Its fast, 22 lbs of boost, with zero knock. It’s a real joy to drive and gets a lot of looks, drive it soft and it a nice cruiser, put your foot into it and it will scare passengers. I can’t/don’t stick it to the floor, it will toast the tires. Clean Car Fax, never wrecked. Did I mention no RUST? Adult driven mainly sits in the garage. I’d drive it anywhere, fly in and drive it home. I’m 40 minutes from MSP (Minn/St Paul airport).

I would like to keep it, however, I have a 69 GS 400 4 Speed that I want to start on and I’m finishing up my wife’s VW. I just have to limit the number of cars I have right now. Price is firm. I do not mind sending additional pictures, but please do not waste my time?? If you want to see the car/drive it, it’s available only on nice days, lol. This car has not seen rain since I’ve owned it. If you want to drive it, I’ll take you out and show you a small part of what it’s capable of, and then after you show me proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license and if I feel your capable, I’ll turn down the boost and let you drive it.

Attachments

• My 87 Buick.JPG
    My 87 Buick.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 5,878
  • IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 5,832
  • IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 5,802
  • IMAG0025.jpg
    IMAG0025.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 5,785
  • IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 5,784
is it a WE4 car?

1987 Regal “T” Type
Black paint code 19
Built 3rd week December 1986
106,000 miles
Originally a Tennessee car Zero Rust.
Low 51 option car
$12,000

I bought this in 4/07 with 104,000 miles on it. From there it spent the first year on jack stands. Everything, and I mean everything has been gone through. Here is a partial list:

1) New tires, 5/16” Spacers on GTA’s (4 Fronts), P225/55R16 Fronts, P255/50R16 Sumitomo’s
2) Posi Rear, longer wheel studs, Royal Purple Fluid
3) Ceramic Brakes, pads, rubber lines replaced with SS, PW master replaced with vacuum, new S-10 rear cyl.
4) New carpet
5) New Battery
6) Recovered Headliner and Jax also did the visors
7) 1986 seat set that is as good as it gets, Interior is a 9
8) Pioneer CD head unit. Pioneer 3.5” front, Pioneer 6X9 with adapters rear, Small sub in the trunk, 4 gauge wiring to the sub (Future upgrade)
9) Viper 5900 paging remote
10) New trunk mat
11) Numbers matching motor, just went through, new valve springs, ddl roller timing chain, Roller cam button. GM Gasket set.
12) New Stock Turbo, Adjustable Wastegate, RJC Boost Controller
13) New re-cored Radiator
14) 009 injectors
15) SMC Progressive ALKY Kit
16) TT Chip for ALKY and one without
17) RJP Power Plate, removed EGR
18) Adjustable fuel regulator, XP Pump, hotwire kit.
19) Kirbin’s PVC one way valve
20) 4” Big Mouth Intake
21) 3 ½” MAF with Translator
22) Silicone vacuum lines
23) Spring Cleaning (Plugs, Wires, O2 Sensor)
24) New Gas Tank
25) Non Numbers BFR Trans with BR3 Valve Body, Shift kit by Dave Husek
26) Body Braces, Rear Seat, Hood, and frame
27) Scanmaster, Boost/Vac, Knock, Oil Pressure and Temp gauges
28) Car cover

Here’s what it needs:

1) Front speaker cover is cracked/warped (Aren’t they all?)
2) AC needs charged, needs new gaskets at the compressor, very slight leak
3) Rotors could be turned, Hard braking you can feel it in the wheel.
4) Dash tach/boost gauge does not work
5) After all the gaskets were replaced, it still has a once in awhile drip from the rear seal.
6) Needs paint it’s a 10’, however there is no rust on the car. I was quoted $2,500 for paint.

Car is complete, all the little pieces that were missing when I received the car are there. Down to the spare and jack. I have a pile or receipts, that I stopped keeping track of long ago. Car is very tight no squeaks or rattles. Its fast, 22 lbs of boost, with zero knock. It’s a real joy to drive and gets a lot of looks, drive it soft and it a nice cruiser, put your foot into it and it will scare passengers. I can’t/don’t stick it to the floor, it will toast the tires. Clean Car Fax, never wrecked. Did I mention no RUST? Adult driven mainly sits in the garage. I’d drive it anywhere, fly in and drive it home. I’m 40 minutes from MSP (Minn/St Paul airport).

I would like to keep it, however, I have a 69 GS 400 4 Speed that I want to start on and I’m finishing up my wife’s VW. I just have to limit the number of cars I have right now. Price is firm. I do not mind sending additional pictures, but please do not waste my time?? If you want to see the car/drive it, it’s available only on nice days, lol. This car has not seen rain since I’ve owned it. If you want to drive it, I’ll take you out and show you a small part of what it’s capable of, and then after you show me proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license and if I feel your capable, I’ll turn down the boost and let you drive it.

Nope, it started as a chrome bumber black "T", it was converted long ago and they did a really nice convincing job.:cool:

More Pictures

Here's some pictures I took today.

http://www.baldwin-telecom.net/~rgarber/IMG_3887.JPG

Just keep adding one to the picture number. 3887 to 3906

You can zoom in on them as well. These are big pictures, not for dial up (does anyone have dial up anymore )

Car is NOT perfect, but it is nice, runs great, gets noticed. All that and it gets at least 22 MPG

I put another 100 miles or so on it today, some of the little idle issues, flaky vacuum it had last year, all gone. I think the ALKY cleaned things out. This thing idles perfect and runs strong.

Enjoy the pictures

I removed the pictures from the web, needed the space for other stuff.

Anyhow, what is this worth?

As is and with new paint?

I'd like to sell it to get on to other projects. I know what I have into it:eek: not including time.

Thanks for your input! Good or bad, I can take it:redface:

VERY nice car!!

Rich,
Sorry to see you selling the car..

Guy's this car used to be mine and Donnie brooks car and was sold to Rich not long ago, When Rich got this car it was completely gone through and just about everything was replaced and/or up graded as he listed above. This is a VERY nice car for what he's asking. This car was a southern car all it's life and has NO RUST ANYWHERE!!

This is a GREAT deal and will make someone a real nice car!

Good luck with the sale Rich!

SW.

Rich,
Sorry to see you selling the car..

Guy's this car used to be mine and Donnie brooks car and was sold to Rich not long ago, When Rich got this car it was completely gone through and just about everything was replaced and/or up graded as he listed above. This is a VERY nice car for what he's asking. This car was a southern car all it's life and has NO RUST ANYWHERE!!

This is a GREAT deal and will make someone a real nice car!

Good luck with the sale Rich!

SW.

Thanks for the kind words, it's been a hell of a year, Wife has had three surgeries on her knee, furnace/AC blew up:eek: Just would like to get out from some of these bills:cool: If I sell it, fine. Kids/wife really don't want me to sell it, I got "Not the Black car" . My daughter loves it cause she can ride upfront. My wife is funny, "Look over there, there staring at your car again".

I'm really itchen to get going on my GS as well.

I can tell you, I'd drive the "T" anywhere. It runs perfectly. And now I know how to work on them, I could see another in the future. Just got to take care of the fam:cool:

I just wonder what a car like mine goes for? I was waiting for someone to say 8K, which we both know does not get you a perfectly running, rust free car. It gets you a project. This is a get in and enjoy the ride. And your right, zero rust.

Bump:cool:

Still should sell it to pay some pesky bills that keep hanging around:mad:

Any questions, please let me know. Car is currently sound asleep for winter, ready for spring!

Thanks,

Rich

I found another project, have to free up cash and it's really time for this to go. I need an offer! I just woke it up from it's winter nap, runs really good, I don't anticipate any issues. Fly in, I'll pick you up and you can drive it home:cool:

Took it out yesterday for a drive, car is ready to go. Check out my post #9 for links to high resolution pictures. After it loads, you can click in the picture to zoom.

$10,500.00 takes it:cool:

Has 107,000 on it now:cool:

$10,500.00 this price is firm. Fly in and drive it home. Runs perfectly. I just don't have time to drive it enough.

Thanks,

Rich

NICE BUICK!! I may be a little more interested if the price was lower. I figure the paint for sure is $2500 plus a few of the other things $500. A couple months ago I saw a WE4 that was awesome sell for around 8K. How many miles on the engine and tranny? Is it not the 200r4 GN tranny? How is the quality of the wheels? THANKS!!

Here is the one that sold
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/311438-1987-buick-we4-pa.html

LOL 8k??? are you serious?? You should have bought that one! Thats an insult.

NICE BUICK!! I may be a little more interested if the price was lower. I figure the paint for sure is $2500 plus a few of the other things $500. A couple months ago I saw a WE4 that was awesome sell for around 8K. How many miles on the engine and tranny? Is it not the 200r4 GN tranny? How is the quality of the wheels? THANKS!!

Here is the one that sold
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/311438-1987-buick-we4-pa.html

There's a bunch of cars for sale out there, if you looking for a t-top car it would have been perfect. This is not a t-top car, nor is it a loaded up car. it's an example of a car that has very few options 51:smile: I can tell you, this car will not be sold for 8K. Anyone that knows these cars knows that they can be hurt very easy, tranny's are just one of the weak points (You all know this, no need to explane it). This cars mechanicals are perfect. As far as I know there's 107,000 miles on this one, however, that does not matter it runs perfect. Starts perfect, drive perfect, no squeaks, no rattles, the car is tight. I built it to be totally streetable with a kick:biggrin: The parts I choose work perfectly together. The issues are just cosmetic and it will still turn heads everywhere it goes. There is no rust on this car at all. Thanks for looking:cool:

Ok got a quesstions. How hard is or exspensive will it be to fix the a/c and the rear main seal .Is the rear main leak a big deal? How much leaks overnight? Should i be worried about it? And i know this may sound dumb. but im still figuring these cars out.. but whats the code 51 all about?