1987 T $6200 in So Cal

Ken Cunningham

Post No Bills
1987 Turbo T Car is silver/blue interior and has 190,000 miles.

My car was rear ended by a drunk on 12/26 and I can’t bear to drive it any more. I could fix it up, but thought I’d see if anybody wants a bargain driver.

Originally sold at Rorick Buick in Carlsbad, this car has been in north San Diego County for its entire life. All records go with car. No rust ever, been my daily driver for years. Never abused, never smoked it. Car runs strong, passes Cal smog, and you can drive it anywhere, even with the rear end damage. Tail lights, turn indicators, and stop lights still work, even tho damaged.

NEEDS: rear bumper, both taillights, and the bumper fillers. Insurance company quotes a new rear pass. fender because nobody fixes sheet metal anymore. Frame seems untouched, gas tank fine, shock mounts still straight. Driver seat has a few tears. This thing is due for timing chain, because of its mileage. As far as I know, and my records seem pretty complete, the heads have never been off the car.

HAS: all the right mods, still stock appearing: rjc plate, upgraded fuel pump, bluetops, TE44, adj f/p reg, maf translator, K&N, half a dozen chips, exhaust upgrades, boost/oil/water gauges. Limited slip diff and drive line balanced by professional installer. Too many others to list. Driver side header leaks (don't they all?), I have the replacement on hand, but never got around to installing it. Power windows, locks, drivers seat. Trans rebuilt by DRW last year. Tires nearly new. Everything on this car works, because I'm a maniac about things like that: A/C is converted to new stuff, delay wipers, cruise control, all power switches etc. Only thing out is the power antenna, which is stuck in up position. Audio system is upgraded, but stock cass/EQ can be provided.

Best to reply to my email, tho I'll try to check here too. Car is NOT listed on EBay, NOT listed on Autotrader. This is the only listing, to give the Buick enthusiasts first shot at it.

kbccpa
AT
sbcglobal
DOT
net

I can't just sit on this damaged car for long. I have not accepted a settlement from Allstate yet. Sometime next week, if there is no serious interest in the car as it sits, I will take it in to the shop and let Allstate pay for a complete repair.

Then the price goes up, of course.

Well not to talk down here but it seems that your selling price is quite steep for what your selling. You can buy a clean turbo t with 100k miles for the same price. I know that every car is unique but your description says basically that your selling a 200k mile turbo t that has been rear ended and needs a new seat.

Last time i checked you couldnt buy a new quarter panel for a regal so the rear quarter would def. be a problem with shipping a used one anfd trying to locate one.

Also, pictures would help out greatly so we can see the damage, minor damage can seem like alot and viseversa.

I would think that your would be more likely to get 3500 for the car but again, only my opinion.

Good luck and heres a bump for ya..

1987 Buick Regal Coupe 2D
Trade-In Value

Private Party Value

Suggested Retail Value

Photo Gallery

Blue Book Review

Excellent
$3,885

Good
$3,605

Fair
$3,165

Search Local Listings

Sell Your Coupe

Vehicle Highlights
Mileage: 190,000
Engine: V6 3.8 Liter Turbo
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: RWD

Selected Equipment Change Equipment
Standard
Air Conditioning Power Steering AM/FM Stereo

Optional
T Pkg Power Door Locks Cruise Control
Power Windows Tilt Wheel Cassette

Blue Book Private Party Value
Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.
Vehicle Condition Ratings Check Vehicle Title History Excellent
$3,885

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.
Good
$3,605

"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.
Fair
$3,165

"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.
Poor
N/A

"Poor" condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body. A vehicle with a branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage is considered "poor." A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value. Kelley Blue Book does not attempt to report a value on a "poor" vehicle because the value of cars in this category varies greatly.
* Michigan 12/30/2006

Accurate Condition AppraisalChange Condition Accurately appraising the condition of a vehicle is an important aspect in determining its Blue Book value. Taking our 16 question condition quiz will ensure you know the correct condition rating.

1987 Buick Regal Coupe 2D
Trade-In Value

Private Party Value

Suggested Retail Value

Photo Gallery

Blue Book Review

Excellent
$3,885

Good
$3,605

Fair
$3,165

Gee, those prices are what the insurance company WANTED to pay me for my wrecked T. Try doubling the $$$ and then deduct for needed body & paint. I agree $6,200 sounds high.

a combo of damage and an 200k mile car are gonna kill its value. if it had been rebuilt before or something, or was in great shape with tons of go fast goodies i could see that kinda money, but not the way it is...

bump for fellow buick nut.

I saw the car yesterday. Damage is fixable. Car runs strong. Trans is awesome (by D. Wang).

Thanks for the bump, but 86turbonational crapped all over this thread already.

Car is in for repairs, not for sale at this time.