1987 super clean white T-type for sale in South Carolina.

zigm

My car ADD has kicked in again and I'm ready for something different, so I'm selling my 1987 T-type. I've had a GN, TTA, and my current T-type in the past.... I'm sure I'll have another turbo Buick again in a few years when I start to miss the boost.

1987 White T-type
93K Miles
$15,200
Located in Greenville, SC

I would describe the car as a really clean, fast daily driver. Everything on the car works as it should except the trip-meter, which refuses to reset for some reason. The engine runs like a top, even in the middle of South Carolina summer. .
Interior: 9/10
Exterior: 7/10

The car is content to creep around town in stop and go traffic, cruise on the interstate, or blow the doors off anyone who is brave enough to challenge you. I've personally embarrassed several C6 Vettes; both from a dead stop as well as a 70mph interstate roll. I've never taken it to the strip, but the PO went high 11's on Nitto drag radials.

Just turned 93k miles (I've had it since 71K) Folder with receipts for almost all of the below items is included.
Accufab adj. fuel pressure reg.
Brand new TE60 turbo
42.5lb Lucas injectors
Vigilante 2800 stall converter
CAS v2 front mount intercooler (Huge and stealthy)
Transmission cooler
Performance built transmission by Jimmys in Chicago
TurboTweak 93 octane chip (also have a TurboTweak alky chip; never used)
Ramchargers dual fan
EGT probe and monitor
Air bag for rear springs
Pinion snubber
Drive shaft loop
Terry Houston 3 in. stainless downpipe with cut out
Pillar mount knock and boost gauges
Aluminum rear brake drums. S10 cyl. Large brake shoes
Front frame, Rear seat, Under hood braces
Dual ATR 3 in. stainless exhaust with stainless Dnomax mufflers (no drone!)
Original paint. No checkering, but it's starting to show it's age. Hood has been repainted.
Stealth steel steering wheel column lock
Boost, Oil pressure, Water temp, Knock gauges
Serial connection/cable for Turbometer installed
Blaupunkt removable face radio/cd. (still have original Delco)
All speakers replaced. Amp & 8" sub in trunk.
Cold AC
160 Thermosat
Aluminum F-body radiator
Nitto drag radials on stock wheels
I'm sure I've forgotten some other goodies....

Pictures to follow in posts below.

Thanks for looking...

102_3671.JPG

102_3672.JPG

102_3673.JPG

102_3674.JPG

102_3675.JPG

102_3676.JPG

102_3677.JPG

102_3678.JPG

102_3679.JPG

102_3680.JPG

Did you happen to buy this car from upstate New York? Just curious as I had this car many years ago and sold it to Ron in NY and it looks very close to my old T.

Did you happen to buy this car from upstate New York? Just curious as I had this car many years ago and sold it to Ron in NY and it looks very close to my old T.

Yes! I bought it from Ron T. in 2008.
He had just purchased a very low mile GN, and didn't have room to keep both Buicks. I've been very happy with the car... kudo's to you for the upgrade choices.

Wow, I thought it was my old car. I bought it from the original owner out of Cali with under 40K miles. I spent a TON on mods. I loved that car and I stayed in touch with Ron over the years.

I can vouch for when I had the car that it was very nice and ran strong.

If I didn't just pick up a low mile LS1 car I would strongly consider buying this back.

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I'm not sure I understand your question. :confused: I'm not aware of any mods.
What modifications do you see?

Someone added the rear deck spoiler and removed the hood ornament.

I do not know.... I thought that was a standard option.
Nope, the spoiler only came on the GN and WH1 and wasn't an optional item. All T's came with hood ornaments however it was rumored *some* were manufactured with GN front fascias missing the ornament and slipped by quality control inspectors when T parts ran out on the assembly line. I know for a fact these things happened since my 1st Grand National I bought all original in 1990 came from GM with a standard "Buick Regal" dash plaque instead of the GN version.

Oh, the "Buick" emblem is missing from the grille too...??

I wish my Limited had that blue/gray interior.

Spoiler

The spoiler was added by Ron (previous owner). When I had the car it had an actual large spolier put on by the dealer when new.

Ron nor I liked the cheesy spolier so he added the small lip spoiler.

The spoiler was added by Ron (previous owner). When I had the car it had an actual large spolier put on by the dealer when new.

Ron nor I liked the cheesy spolier so he added the small lip spoiler.

The GN spoilers look great. I almost wish Buick put those on all Turbo Regals like what they did with the WH1. It has the hood ornament and rear spoiler from the factory.