1987 Stock GN T-Top. WI

GNJimC

Up for sale is my 87 GN. This is NOT a show car, nor does it have any high $$ mods. I will describe this the best that I can.

I purchased this car last fall from NY. I would have to say that the "item did not arrive as described". This car was deliverd to me last Thanksgiving and I have driven it a total of 7 times, including today to get it out of storage and clean it up a little.

The bad that I know: A few small door dings and a few light scratches in the paint as well as some checking. The hood supports are shot but I have new ones that are not installed. The t-tops do not leak but are noisey so they probably need new seals. The current seals look pretty wore out. I also noticed a small fuel leak that just developed from under the strap on the tank. It could use new tires since the ones installed are 205's, they are ok, but the left rear has a slow leak.

The good as I know: The interior is very clean with no rips or stains to speak of. The body panels are solid with no rust and the normal g-body rust issues are not there. Overall the car is pretty straight. The exhaust from the cat back is a brand new Hooker dual set-up that was installed after I purchased it. I also replaced the coil pack since the car ran real rough when I got it. Also since it is stock it is a good starting point for mods but there is NOT a knock guage or aftermarket boost guage installed, however the neat disco lights all work.

I am not in a must sell situation, but I cant get into this car like I could my 84. Not sure why. I will probably get new tires either this week or next so the price my increase slightly. I hope I have done my best to describe this car as well as I can. I do have more pictures but thought I would include the ones that best describe the car. PM me if interested as those alerts generaly go my yahoo account. The car is NOT always at my house so if there is a picture of somthing you want It may take a couple days. Best is to come look at it. Car is in Beloit WI or Janesville WI (storage)

I am asking $9950.

Thanks

Attachments

• 87gn4.jpg
    87gn4.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 529
  • 87gn7.jpg
    87gn7.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 522
  • 87gn10.jpg
    87gn10.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 530
  • 87gn8.jpg
    87gn8.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 525
  • 87gn12.jpg
    87gn12.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 527
Any pics of under carriage and botttom doors seams?Looks like a nice car!!!

Only one I have of door seems. Also a shot from along the side. There are a few door dings and I tried to show them with the pictures but they did not seem to show up. I owe a few people some more pictures and will take them when I have a chance.

Thanks

Attachments

• 87gn15.jpg
    87gn15.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 315
  • 87gn16.jpg
    87gn16.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 316
  • 87gn19.jpg
    87gn19.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 317
you have that car at jefferson last weekend?

No I did not. I went on Saturday and saw 4 in the corral, (maybe a fifth?) 2 were t-tops, one had 91K ($12,900) the other 40K ish. ($17,900) I felt the one with 91K was a tad bit nicer than mine. Not sure.

TTA with no price listed.

No I did not. I went on Saturday and saw 4 in the corral, (maybe a fifth?) 2 were t-tops, one had 91K ($12,900) the other 40K ish. ($17,900) I felt the one with 91K was a tad bit nicer than mine. Not sure.

TTA with no price listed.

Clarification:

I have had a few PM's asking me if my car was one of the t-tops at Jefferson OR the car that is currently at a used car Dealer in Janesville WI. No. The one at a dealer is another one that I did see at Jefferson and it was a 91K mile car asking $17,900. They now have it for sale for $15,000. But this car and my car are NOT the same cars. Not sure who owns the other one but the dealer said he is selling it for his buddy from Chicago(?)

Thanks