1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

Bummer,another Buick going to court,i'm hearing mech. leans all over this thing,Worst of it all,the whole car even finished will only fetch $30,000 or less. just the way the market is... if you plan on parting it out at all my question is : how much would you take for the Frame Only?? lov how it's all welded up an it coated the same color as my BMR a-arms already

Oh my... What a potential mess. I was sure looking forward to seeing this car completed. Sorry to hear about the bad news.

~JM~

Sorry to hear about the bad news. Loved following this build up. Thanks for posting the build up and best of luck for you and your family.

I am really sorry to hear the bad family news. I was so inspired to do my next project after following this build.
Hope it all works out.

@Vader,
Its time you start working like I did a few years back. Regardless of situtation, I get paid...up front...for any project I take on. Its not the general practice by many, but it avoids soooo many ugly situtations like this. Airing someones personal faults, while they are going thru what we are suspecting is something terrible, is not the kind of person I am. I would however feel the same way you do if I were in your shoes. If his situtation is causing him to be away, or not able to return calls, until you know what it is, you fell slighted.
Selling the car may be the only way you will get paid. Its not a house, if he has the title, its gone regardless of how many people have a lean on it.

I wish for it all to turn out well for all those involved.

Coach

using it as a mount for the flux capacitor.. ;)

Homelink, compass, temperature, auto dimming
HPIM1215.JPG

Wow, talk about blown out of proportion. Thought I had updates to the thread emailed to me but I guess not. First of all there are no liens or anyone owed money on the car period. Just because I'm not in touch with people daily doesn't mean anything shady is going on. For some people their personal life is more important than a car. Anyone is free to swing by the shop its at, and has been at for over a year, everyone is still working on it and is paid very well to do so. I do not need to sell the car to pay any bills.

As to Vader87, we have resolved our issues which was a basic miss-communication. Nobody is being screwed. The shop that has been working on the car and vader who has been painting the car both wanted it at the same time, they couldn't contact me and shit hit the fan, nothing more. Nobody, including vader was owed any money. In fact I paid him an additional 1k early to placate him. I hope he would acknowledge that he posted that in anger and that it is just not true.

As to the car, its currently assembled besides trim pieces (waiting for the final cut and buff for that). The glass guy is installing a new windshield with a built in antenna and a new rear window sans defroster today. The wiring is almost finished and the interior guy is telling me this week for his work. Anyone interested in the car, feel free to contact me but I'm probably going to wait till its finished and list it on ebay based on the insane and misinformed conversations going on here

Good to hear that all is under control. I hope your situation changes so that you are able to enjoy the car. Please consider continuing this build thread if you have the time. I'd like to follow your progress & see the end result.

Good luck to you
~JM~

hello; Words on the net are most of the time worth crap. Don't let the crap effect your posting here. Keep on posting. It's going to be the balls of a TB.
F--- em all.
IBBY

Dude this car makes my pants tight makes me wanna turn my street strip car into a pro touring beast like this i know its not my place to ask but what was total cost and for the love of god please post more pictures

Wow... crazy. Sorry about the home situation.

On a completely unrelated note: where did you get the hood louvers on your Jeep?

There has been some progress. I finished installing the sound deadener in the car last week and installed the new headliner and as much of the trim as we could. The interior guy finished the door panels and rear inserts and we are still waiting on him to finish the front and rear seats (supposedly this week... again). The car is wired up and the push button start, paddle shifters and dash works great.

Still needs cut and buff, then final trim assembly. Scott will hopefully swing by this week and help with the tune and alky and the interior guy needs the seats. Getting close now, here are some shots from the shop and of the car today.

IMG_0511.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg
IMG_0511.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg
IMG_0487.jpg
IMG_0488.jpg
IMG_0489.jpg
IMG_0490.jpg
IMG_0492.jpg
IMG_0511.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg
IMG_0487.jpg
IMG_0488.jpg
IMG_0489.jpg
IMG_0490.jpg
IMG_0492.jpg
IMG_0493.jpg
IMG_0494.jpg
IMG_0496.jpg
IMG_0511.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg
IMG_0487.jpg
IMG_0488.jpg
IMG_0489.jpg
IMG_0490.jpg
IMG_0492.jpg
IMG_0493.jpg
IMG_0494.jpg
IMG_0496.jpg

Good so far. Quite a bit of prep and products to make it work. I washed them, cleaned them with plastic prep, adhesion promoter, 3 light coats of sem vinyl/plastic dye, 3 coats of semi gloss clear.