1987 Modded T Type Buick {New Motor}

Why is there a new motor? Where did the new motor come from?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nice car. Was it a chrome car or wo2?
Any pix of the spid label from the deck lid. What about the driver door label with production date. TIA
Black 87 wasn't produced very long.
Free bump and glws!

Rich

Nice car. Was it a chrome car or wo2?
Any pix of the spid label from the deck lid. What about the driver door label with production date. TIA
Black 87 wasn't produced very long.
Free bump and glws!

Rich

looks like its a chrome bumper wo2 car these were supposedly out before the we4. notice the header panel emblem and quarter emblems? the we4 doesn't have those.

I have seen mentioned supposedly 200 chrome bumper black wo2's were built. its just what I saw someone else post. I would pm KIRBAN to verify

What I am getting at is when it was produced and if it is in deed a wo2. I've seen more than one with the chrome painted black. Why I asked about spid.

Great car!
Free bump

looks like its a chrome bumper wo2 car these were supposedly out before the we4. notice the header panel emblem and quarter emblems? the we4 doesn't have those.

I have seen mentioned supposedly 200 chrome bumper black wo2's were built. its just what I saw someone else post. I would pm KIRBAN to verify

It is a nice car.
And different - to be sure.
At first glance, I thought he had a WE4 and didn't know it. But, looks like it could be a Black 19 Base Regal; with LC2 & Y56 & W02.
Which would be a cool way to order one.

Buick marketing sort of drove any non WE2; Black TRs later on with the WE4 RPO. It certainly made it much easier to order a non-WE2, Black LC2 with Y56 included, just by checking a box.
I bet, like alot of WE4 owners, he has to do a lot of explaining to people who say "nice Grand National"

I too would like a peek at the SPID label.
Noticed the Passenger side deck lid doesn't have "BUICK" emblem - but no biggie.
And - Did they use those chrome side turn signal lights on the W02 pkg - or is that ??
Like the WH1 also did. Just that additional speck of chrome. Kinda funny - the only real trim piece except for the bumpers that was left chrome.

The engine / engine bay is remarkably clean, close to stock look, with just enough aftermarket pieces that it looks to be well maintained. With a new motor, he isn't getting rich off this sale.

And - has the T tops which to me is a big plus - although I'm partial to them
The only way it could be an even more unique combination is to have the Astro roof and a tan interior.
But I prefer the grey.

I'd say it's a pretty unique combination of RPOs. If it is.