1987 Limited V6 Turbo

1-200 with leather.....$8500 is a joke for this car.....

I hope again all the low ballers dont destroy the deal on this ride.....even without the posi the car is worth over $10k .....awesome deal on a super rare car....

Man you really like to push your agenda, don't you :eek:

Good luck selling the car, its a beauty.

I said Maaco because they are known to use Sherwin Williams paint I think. Not the best paint out there, so it would be important for the buyer to know what kind of paint was used for longevity reasons.

I said Maaco because they are known to use Sherwin Williams paint I think. Not the best paint out there, so it would be important for the buyer to know what kind of paint was used for longevity reasons.

Ok.......but who said anything about Sherwin Williams?

I did...will it be wetsanded by the shop that painted it? Was it a scuff and shoot? What was wrong with the paint that's underneath? Would be nice to know since paint jobs are so expensive. Any body work done that you know of? Bondo anywhere? Thanks

I did...will it be wetsanded by the shop that painted it? Was it a scuff and shoot? What was wrong with the paint that's underneath? Would be nice to know since paint jobs are so expensive. Any body work done that you know of? Bondo anywhere? Thanks

Are you a serious buyer or just a tire kicker?

I am interested but I'm also looking at 2 others. A white and a blue Limited. Are you selling it Turbojay? The thread says if there's any questions or comments to PM or reply to this thread. Any serious buyer would ask logical questions about the body history(181K). If it needs paintwork done then we all know how much that can be.

I am interested but I'm also looking at 2 others. A white and a blue Limited. Are you selling it Turbojay? The thread says if there's any questions or comments to PM or reply to this thread. Any serious buyer would ask logical questions about the body history(181K). If it needs paintwork done then we all know how much that can be.
Exactly! PM is more appropriate when your making stupid comments about a Macco paint job. Meaning, it looks cheap. If you wanna make stupid comments then do it by PM vs. polluting the guys thread.

Your just a typical tire kicker who makes a stupid comment and now tries to come accross as tho ur actually interested in buying the car but looking at other cars as well....:rolleyes: Cut the BS. There was nothing logical about anything you said so quit while ur behind.

GNBRETT- you're right buddy.... but I was sincere when I asked if it was painted by one of the most well known and used body shops. Out of the ones I've looked at I like the gray on gray better. I've had friends in MA since the 70's so it's not out of the question. I like the car but I just wanted to know more about a 22 year old body. Wetsanding can work absolute wonders if it's the right kind of paint. Would you buy a motor if you didn't know what parts were in it? What's with the slamming?

The car will not be wet sanded by the shop that painted it. Yes it was a scuff and shoot. The paint underneath was faded and I wanted to make the car look a lot nicer to head into cruise nights or when I drove it into work. As far as I know there is no bondo anywhere on the car. I can tell you for sure that there is not now nor has there ever been any rust. It is VERY VERY clean.

............Any serious buyer would ask logical questions about the body history(181K). If it needs paintwork done then we all know how much that can be.

The car does not need paintwork. The car was already painted back in May 2008. You will not win in Bowling Green with this paint job but you will be more than pleased pulling into any cruise night with this car.

Exactly! PM is more appropriate when your making stupid comments about a Macco paint job. Meaning, it looks cheap. If you wanna make stupid comments then do it by PM vs. polluting the guys thread.

Your just a typical tire kicker who makes a stupid comment and now tries to come accross as tho ur actually interested in buying the car but looking at other cars as well....:rolleyes: Cut the BS. There was nothing logical about anything you said so quit while ur behind.

My thoughts exactly. Now my car is associated with Maaco, Sherwin Williams, bondo, wet-sanding, etc. when none of those things are accurate. Not that there is anything wrong with Maaco or Sherwin Williams.....just not accurate for this car.

Thanks! That's all I wanted to know. You don't know unless you ask. I'm just surprised with over 1500 people looking at the thread no one else has asked about the shape of the body or it's history. USUALLY a repaint means an accident, not always but usually. Could be hail, tree, or key damage, You just don't ever know. CARFAX doesn't always tell you whats going on. So, you have to ask the right questions...like what happened the original turbo hood ornament?

Thanks! That's all I wanted to know. You don't know unless you ask. I'm just surprised with over 1500 people looking at the thread no one else has asked about the shape of the body or it's history. USUALLY a repaint means an accident, not always but usually. Could be hail, tree, or key damage, You just don't ever know. CARFAX doesn't always tell you whats going on. So, you have to ask the right questions...like what happened the original turbo hood ornament?

The original turbo hood ornament is in a landfill somewhere. Part of it was broken off when I bought the car so I took off the remaining piece and installed the new ornament after the car was painted.

Did I miss it? How does it run? Do you hve all the modification bugs out? Door and trunk Gaskets ok, dried, fresh? Headliner hangin? I'm definitely interested!

Did I miss it? How does it run? Do you hve all the modification bugs out? Door and trunk Gaskets ok, dried, fresh? Headliner hangin? I'm definitely interested!

Runs great.....I drive it to work twice per week (about 42 miles roundtrip).
No bugs to work out.....starts every time and runs w/ no problems.
Door/trunk gaskets are original I think and are in excellent shape. Car was obviously garaged.
Headliner must have been replaced at some point as it is perfect and does not sag.