1987 Grand National

vintageracer

1987 Grand National, black of course! This car was sold new in Franklin Tn. to a lady who was 58 at the time she purchased the car. She was the only driver. She parked the car in 1998 when she thought the the turbo was going down. At least that's what the local non turbo educated mechanic told her. The car had 83,000 miles.

I purchased the car in 2005 from the original owner with 83,000 miles. The car was totally complete and original including the paint. I have the original window sticker with the car's MSRP at $18,515.00. Options include door locks, tinted glass, power windows, trunk release, T-Tops, 2 speed delay wipers, rear defogger, lighted vanity mirror, limited slip differential, cruise control, tilt steering, Delco cassette tape AM/FM with clock/seek/scan, power antennae, Concert sound speaker system, and power seat. This is all off the window sticker.

Upon my purchase of the car I immediately took the car to Harold Cook in Walter Hill Tn. Harold is one of the 2 "go to" Turbo guys in Middles Tennessee. Harold performed the following work on the car due to sitting for all those years. New correct GN baffeled gas tank, correct GM fuel sending unit (expensive), new Walbro 340 fuel pump/hot wire kit, 8 professionally cleaned and calibrated injectors, replaced the turbo, plugs tune up, oil/fiter, radiator fluids etc and everything necessary to get the car back to proper running order. The car still retains the stock GM chip that has always been in the car. The original left hand header was cracked (typical) and was replaced with a nice used original header. I have the original cracked header. The cross over exhaust pipe also had a small dent and replaced with a nice GM original. The original BRF 2004R was sloppy in the 1st upshift so the original transmission was properly rebuilt. Everything was done mechanically to the car that was necessary. The brakes and Powermaster work properly. The battery was also replaced and I have the original GM battery. Harold is available to discuss any questions about the mechanical issues/repairs he performed on this car. The car still retains the original exhaust, down pipe and catalytic converter.

I then took the car to a gentleman that does paint work for me. The car was completely disassebled for paint. The bumpers and fillers were removed. The side rear quarter windows were removed. All trim, emblems, lights, tailights, door locks, handles, window wipes, wheel well mouldings, door weatherstrip, interior, door panels, antennae, side mirrors etc were removed for paint. The was repainted the proper black in base clear and color sanded and buffed. The original bumper fillers were in poor condition and new fiberglass fillers from G Body Parts were purchased. The original bumpers and stips were excellent. One headlight bezel was cracked so both were replaced with new GM bezels. I have all new GM emblems that have not been installed. The grill had a crack and was replaced with a new grill. All the wheel well mouldings are correct black and original to the car. The original rear GN tailights are in nice condition. The car exterior of the car has been completely reassembled with the exception of the installation of the new GM headlight bezels, the new GM door top window wipes and door/trunk lock cylinders. I have not yet purchased new door weatherstrip. The T-Top's are excellent and T-Top weatherstrip is original. The car has NO/zero rust in the body of this car. The doors, quarters, fenders floors, trunk pans are superb. There is light surface rusting on the frame, differential housing and some suspension components. I have not go under the car with scotch brite to remove this light suface rusting or detail the chassis. The underside of the car is completely original including all the suspension and shock abosrbers. This car was never modified by the original owner. A NEW complete "Cat Back" Hooker exhaust system will come with the car but not installed on the car. The car has the original GN wheels with center caps that are original and in good condition. 2 of the tires are good and 2 are just fair. I would and will replace the tires if I keep the car.

The interior is completely original including the dash, seats, carpet, console, steering wheel, belts, radio, instruments etc. The steering wheel shows wear that matches an 80K mile car. The dash itself is excellent! The analog gauges are complete and correct as is the radio. The console is nice. The carpet is original and in good condition. The seats are in good condition. The headliner is original and good. The door panel uppers are original. The right and left uppers towards the front of the panel near the A piller has some soiling that could be easily cleaned. The door panels have yet to be re-installed on the car since paint.

I had all this work completed and I have not touched the car as far as completion/re-assembly/detailing in 7 months. I am in the enviable position of staying home all day and playing with my cars and I STILL have not made time to finish this car. I have other cars that interest me more! If I have not made time to finish this car now, when will I???

If you are interested in this car, please call me at 615 347 7459. I can and will provide pictures AFTER a personal phone call. I will not be responding to emails requesting information or pictures so "Pick Up The Telephone"! Responses to this ad on the "TurboBuicks" site will give the order of picking for interested parties.

The price of the car is $9,800 but I will take more!

I look forward to speaking with you personally.