1987 Grand National - $9000

Dukesie79

So I've lifted a head gasket :mad: . It leaks coolant from the back of the engine between passenger head and block outward, and runs down the starter. I don't have the funds or time to fix it, so my minor loss is your gain.

1987 Grand National, 118XXX miles on the body. Motor has around 5000 miles, built by the previous owner. Several mods including TE60, 50#, TT5.7, FMIC, DP, exhaust, Alkycontrol. Full list of mods are in my signature.

The body is a solid 8.5/10 but could use a slick buff job. It's been off the frame for new body bushings, new suspension bushings, painted suspension. The interior is in good shape. The driver seat has a small tear in the upholstery but the passenger side is good. Both show signs of wear and I had planned to replaced the seat covers sometime as money allowed. Carpet and door panels are new.

Just replaced the AC compressor, accumulator, clutch cycle switch trying to get the AC going. Had it charged and it blew super cold for all of a day before it lost all the freon through a pinhole leak in the AC manifold line off the compressor, right where the high pressure switch is welded to the line. I had posted a request for a new line, but well, have decided to just sell the car.

I do frequent local car shows and always get comments about how clean the car is for the mileage. This will be a GREAT car for someone who has the time and money to put into it to make it right.

I'm located in Bedford, KY, about halfway between Louisville and Cincinnati. Please, serious inquiries only. I'm frustrated enough as it is and don't need people wasting my time or theirs. PM for my contact info and pics. You can search my old posts in Cars for Sale as I have contemplated selling before. I think there is more info in those posts and maybe some pics.

Other than the AC issues and the obvious head gasket leak, the car runs and drives great. In October, we drove it to Bowling Green on a 300 mile, 5hr round-trip day of driving. No issues whatsoever and made the whole trip on a single tank of gas.

I'm asking $9000. I had the car appraised and insured for $15000 for reference.

Thanks for the interest.

Chris

Dukesie79 said:
So I've lifted a head gasket :mad: . It leaks coolant from the back of the engine between passenger head and block outward, and runs down the starter. I don't have the funds or time to fix it, so my minor loss is your gain.

1987 Grand National, 118XXX miles on the body. Motor has around 5000 miles, built by the previous owner. Several mods including TE60, 50#, TT5.7, FMIC, DP, exhaust, Alkycontrol. Full list of mods are in my signature.

The body is a solid 8.5/10 but could use a slick buff job. It's been off the frame for new body bushings, new suspension bushings, painted suspension. The interior is in good shape. The driver seat has a small tear in the upholstery but the passenger side is good. Both show signs of wear and I had planned to replaced the seat covers sometime as money allowed. Carpet and door panels are new.

Just replaced the AC compressor, accumulator, clutch cycle switch trying to get the AC going. Had it charged and it blew super cold for all of a day before it lost all the freon through a pinhole leak in the AC manifold line off the compressor, right where the high pressure switch is welded to the line. I had posted a request for a new line, but well, have decided to just sell the car.

I do frequent local car shows and always get comments about how clean the car is for the mileage. This will be a GREAT car for someone who has the time and money to put into it to make it right.

I'm located in Bedford, KY, about halfway between Louisville and Cincinnati. Please, serious inquiries only. I'm frustrated enough as it is and don't need people wasting my time or theirs. PM for my contact info and pics. You can search my old posts in Cars for Sale as I have contemplated selling before. I think there is more info in those posts and maybe some pics.

Other than the AC issues and the obvious head gasket leak, the car runs and drives great. In October, we drove it to Bowling Green on a 300 mile, 5hr round-trip day of driving. No issues whatsoever and made the whole trip on a single tank of gas.

Thanks for the interest.

Chris

Post some pics :)

These are all I have in my phone. I'll post more this afternoon from my home computer.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1369998013.588225.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1369998046.270193.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1369998068.287728.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I should mention I have a ton of spare parts including a new set of ARP head studs (the car currently has ARP head bolts.) Everything I have will come with the car.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for the interest.

Chris