1987 GN Project Nice paint and parts for Trade

RED LS1

Here it goes. I just acquired this car from my brother and I have big plans to complete it and enjoy the heck out of it. However, After getting the motor out on Sunday, My boss dropped a bomb on me on Monday. I will be getting a free Enclosed brand new trailer to attend the race track with for sales purposes with my business. I'm not certain I want to use this car as an index car when i'm finished.

I am interested in trading for something that is already or almost a turn key race car. A cage, well built motor, suspension etc... would be what I need. Mustang, F-bodies, Older cars.... Whatever. I'm open minded. SBF Blower cars, BBC Carb'd cars, LSX cars. I just need a race car preferrably in the 10.0 range.

This car was owned by my brother for about 8 years. It has PW, PL Ttops, Digital Dash and 106k on the odometer. The car has a very nice $6500 Standox Paint Job that's a few years old now.

The bottom was rebuilt, stock short block with a Comp 212 F/T cam. It ran fine besides having low compression in the middle drivers side cylinder so I pulled the motor last week. The car has the oiling mods to the block and front cover, Champion Irons, Champion CNC intake, Accufab Polished 70mm TB and Plenum, 83 lbs injectors, Fast XFI, Turbonetics Polished CPT-66, T-netics External 45mm wastegate, Big Precision Front mount, All billet 3400 stall 9.5 converter and Fully freshened 200R4 with CK Drum and Sonnax Super Servo and More. It has a 3 inch down pipe, cutout and full exhaust.

The car was never on a Dyno or at the track. The motor is out. The car has flaws which I will gladly discuss with a potential trader/buyer. I can also provide plenty of pictures if someone has a trade. PM me or Email me for details. For the sake of the rules the price is $10k firm but I'm really looking for a trade. I am also in need of a nice 4x4 4 door truck that can tow.

Thanks for looking.

Here is the motor before I took it out. I started cleaning and polishing every part already as I removed them.

Got a real nice typhoon if ur interested in a trade hit me up 84k running and driving great clean rust free body interior is in excellent shape 7739790909 thanks

Going to be hard pressed to find much of a real race car for 10K that runs solid 10's. I have a 02GT 4.6 turbocharged. Ran 11.77 @128mph on street tires....cold air. 400hp and 485TQ to the wheels on 8.5 psi. It's a On3 turbo system 67MM BB turbo. Cars very clean and ready to roll. With slicks and someone who can drive a stick it might go into the 10's....it has the MPH to be 10.80's already. Just throwing it out there. I like the car but always on the look out for another Buick GN if the right one comes along. If your interested I will send you pictures.
Thanks Tony

I'm aware what $10k gets you. I'm open minded and would consider something 1/2 way to a good car. With that being said. I had an '04 GT with a built 5.0 MMR motor and a 76mm Turbo. What a fun car. Send me some pics. I'm not sure that's the route I want to go but I have the resources to put a brand new T-400 with Transbrake in it to get it down to the 10's.

Justinpa81 at gmail.com

Will do. Yeah I wasn't trying to be a smart A** about the comment on the 10k at all. It's possible.... Just not common. Can you get text messages? I can send pictures that way faster. I just sold my other 2000GT V7 supercharged that was a MMR 4.6 stroked 5.0 that ran 10.38 at 138 a couple of months ago. Send me your number if you want pictures.
The 02 is E-85 already with 60 lb injectors and a TKO500 (3550 first gen 5 speed). with 65k on the car and motor. Yeah a auto would be the best way to go for sure.

I'm aware what $10k gets you. I'm open minded and would consider something 1/2 way to a good car. With that being said. I had an '04 GT with a built 5.0 MMR motor and a 76mm Turbo. What a fun car. Send me some pics. I'm not sure that's the route I want to go but I have the resources to put a brand new T-400 with Transbrake in it to get it down to the 10's.

Justinpa81 at gmail.com
4R70W with transbrake will do the job. lots of info on it at www.tccoa.com The engineer who designed the 4R70W posts there, Jerry(the jerry mod or j mod)