1987 GN in N.C. – Nicely Modded

wilkinsde

I have a nicely modded 1987 Buick Grand National for sale. The car is located about 40 miles west of Charlotte, NC.

The odometer is showing 129,xxx but actually has approximately 135,xxx with the difference due to a 145mph speedo swap. This is a nice go-fast driver.

The engine was rebuilt approximately 3.5K miles back and the tranny has approximately 1K miles since rebuild. The rear differential is a posi-unit.

Mods List:
TA 49 turbo
60 lb. Injectors
Dutt neck intercooler
3” Terry Houston stainless steel downpipe w/cutout
TurboTweak chip
Poston ceramic-coated headers
Ported heads
Alky injection (Razor’s)
Re-stalled 2800 stock converter
Scanmaster
Powerlogger
Fuel pump (R. Armstrong I believe) w/ hotwire kit
Transmission built by Janis
Vacuum brakes
Fiberglass bumper fillers
Rear seat and frame bracing
Boost gauge
K/N air filter

The Downside:

Interior
Steering wheel needs recovering
T-top car needs seals w/ some minor rust (although the car has been garaged)
Front seats need recovering (back seat is in good condition)

Exterior
There is some hail damage to the car due to recent storms that moved through the area. The dents have been assessed and may be removed through the paint-less dent removal method. In my opinion the damage is somewhere just beyond a ‘minor’ condition, although I realize depending on your point of view, some may call it significant. Otherwise the paint is in pretty good condition

The asking price is 8K firm and has been adjusted for the hail damage to the car. The car is a great driver quality car and already has a lot of go-fast upgrades. If the car doesn’t sell within a couple of months I will consider parting it out.

I am selling this car due to acquisition of another '87 GN and the wife has softly implied that this one must go :rolleyes:. Please contact me if you are interested, and thanks for looking.

Attachments

• _MG_2223.jpg
    _MG_2223.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,997
  • _MG_2220.jpg
    _MG_2220.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,999
  • _MG_2278.jpg
    _MG_2278.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,993
  • _MG_2291.jpg
    _MG_2291.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,986
  • _MG_2260.jpg
    _MG_2260.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,984
Damn.. Car looks pretty darn good to me! Sucks about the hail damage but thats mother nature for ya.. Im sure at that price you should have no trouble! Anyways good luck with the sale.. beautiful ride! ;)

-Rich

Are you interested in any trades? If so I have a one owner 99 Mustang and willing to give cash difference. Located in BG, Ky. Let me know?
Thanks

Several people have asked for additional pictures of the interior, minor rust and hail damage so I have posted them here.

Attachments

• _MG_2309.jpg
    _MG_2309.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,372
  • _MG_2306_b.jpg
    _MG_2306_b.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,369
  • _MG_2272.jpg
    _MG_2272.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,368
  • _MG_2270_a.jpg
    _MG_2270_a.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,362
This is a very nice car people. I did the downpipe install and Janis tranny install, so I'm familiar with the car. The car runs out very strong!

D., Sucks about the hail damage for sure. Our bodyshop has been non-stop working on hail damage cars for the last six weeks. The insurance companies are just now issuing collision damage claims again.

If you decide to part the cars go fast goodies, let me know. There's a couple items I'd like dibs on & can trade you "stock" pieces and labor towards them... ;)

K.

Replied to PMs.

On another note: If you need a good mechanic or tuner in the Charlotte, NC area, Keith Soffa is the man! He has an abundance of knowledge to get the most out of the turbo V6.

Please contact me if interested in the car.

Dennis is the guy who bought my car a couple of months back.(http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/341633-heres-gn-youve-been-waiting.html) He is a good guy. He drove all the way from N.C. to Louisiana to pick up my GN. He is honest and straightforward. What he says about his car is 100% accurate. Anyone considering buying this GN from him may PM me so I can give you details of our transaction. Dont let his low post or low trader ratings deter you from this purchase.

By the way Dennis, how is my baby doing? Are you taking good care of her?

Ed

Ed, thank you very much for your comments. The car that I purchased from you is doing just fine, although I haven't had it on the road too much yet. It sure performed well driving from LA. to N.C. I'm just trying to get this one sold before transferring the tag. There has been a lot of interest in this car, just no takers yet. Again, thank you!