1987 GN for sale

gn1220

1987 Grand National that runs low 12's with slicks and good gas but has been all over the country on several Hot Rod Power Tour events. Even raced (and beat) a Mustang on Woodward Ave. Also made it into Hot Rod magazine as well as the Power Tour video in '98 or '99.

It has a few bits of chrome under hood but performance mods are limited to a K&N filter, RJC race plate, green stripe injectors, hot-wire kit for the fuel pump, upgraded pump, Mease 3" Stainless D/P, no cat, new valve springs, dual mufflers, and a rebuilt tranny with a trans brake. Also eliminated the Powermaster brakes for a standard Power booster. No more wondering if the brakes are going to fail.

Interior is super clean with an NOS seat installed a few years ago, an NOS shifter handle, power locks, windows, tilt, cruise, power driver seat, power trunk release, lighted vanity mirror, Concert Sound pods, custom silk-screened white face speedo re-calibrated to 140 mph, white face oil, temp and boost gauges, custom mats, kill switches here and there. A Scanmaster and Boost Controller help keep tabs of things. The trunk has a custom embroidered carpet kit that really finishes it off.

The hood is checked like all of them do but the rest of the paint is very presentable. I used to show it at the local car shows every weekend but grew tired of it. Also the weatherstrip along the top of the doors needs to be replaced but GM units can still be bought pretty inexpensively. The tires are a just a few years old but have little mileage as I haven't driven the car much at all in the last 3 years. It also has the export bumper brace in the front, an aluminum support in the rear, aluminum drums, and plastic headlights in the front, all in an attempt to reduce weight while looking totally stock. Zero rust on it as well.

I have all of the original parts, other than the cat. and stock plugs, in containers in my attic. I even have a few hoses and gaskets and misc. stuff in boxes too. All of that goes with the car. I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting because the car hasn't been stored at my house in almost 3 years so feel free to ask any questions.

Asking $11,000 of best offer.

266.jpg

265.jpg

264.jpg

263.jpg

262.jpg

261.jpg

258.jpg

257.jpg

256.jpg

255.jpg

More pics available, post limited to 10.

Guy's I can tell you that this car is very very clean inside and out. I had a 34,XXX mile car that looked dirty setting next to his at the shows. I would but this car in a heart beat if I had the money. It is top notch all the way.

Sorry to see you are selling Mike. I sent you a PM also.

That is Kleeeeeeeeeen for 100k.:eek:

Yes it is. This car is my pride and joy and it has been only a good weather car since I bought it in 1996. It has been stored in the garage every day only seeing rain on the Power Tour.

Guy's I can tell you that this car is very very clean inside and out. I had a 34,XXX mile car that looked dirty setting next to his at the shows. I would but this car in a heart beat if I had the money. It is top notch all the way.

Sorry to see you are selling Mike. I sent you a PM also.

Thanks for the kind words Larry, it's good to hear from you again. I don't want to sell it but I need to, if that makes sense. Things at work have been pretty bad for almost two years now and I'm at the end of my rope.

Since I am a moderator here I should delete this thread till I can get to KC to look at it:biggrin:

J/K Good luck Mike and keep me posted.

TY

Shoot tell me about it I've been laidoff for almost a year!

Damn Larry, I would be living in my wagon if I hadn't worked for a year!
And this is the wagon I had to sell. It's a 1996 Roadmaster Limited, tan cloth WB4. I bought it two years ago with 24,000 miles on it and just sold it with 35,000 to a guy in Canada. One of the nicest cars on the planet. It even smelled new inside.:(
016.jpg

Yea I know it has sucked. And to make thing worse my wife lost her job 6 weeks ago also. I think I have a job. I have to go to pee in the cup and see a Doc. As soon as they get that stuff I should be good.

Original motor that's never been out of the car. I pulled the valve covers to replace the springs but that's it. Had plans of putting a new timing chain and possibly a cam in it but that hasn't happened.

Here are more pics. Just easier than trying to e-mail them:
IMG_0477-Copy.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

Bottom of doors, rust free.
IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg