1987 GN for sale in Keller,TX

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
Here's something I thought I would never do! My GN is up for sale :(

I'll do my best to discribe my car. First I will list my mods, the motor is completly stock except for the upgraded LT1 valve springs and timing chain that were done at 44K. No motor work has ever been done PERIOD!

Kirban, fuel pressure regulator $100
CAS V4 intercooler $700
PTE-51 polished $500
Walbro fuel pump $100
ATR downpipe $450
Catback exhaust aerochamber $300
SMC alky kit $350
Bruce T. PTS Killer/Street tranny $3000
PTS 9/11 3000 stall $450
MSD 50 injectors $300
Eaton posi $700 includes installation
Boost controller BSTC $150
Scanmaster $150
Cold air intake "big mouth" $250
PT51 turbo about 5K miles $500
ATR 1 3/8 sway bar $200
Belltech 2" drop spindles $150 I have the orig.still
GNX rims and tires $1500 Firestone Firehawk, I have the factory rims too
B&M tranny cooler $100
Power plate $50

Your looking at over $8000 in parts alone to recreate this combo. So, what does all of this "stuff" get you? How about a safe 433HP and 572Ft TQ at the wheels on pump gas using the SMC alky kit and only 20* of timing! I have about 20+ dyno pulls tuning the car in.

I haven't been to the track in some time, the last time I went was in 2003 where I ran consistant 11.8's @ 116MPH with a simple 4psi launch on drag radials. I probably made about 20 1/4 mile passes in all. Mostly fun Buick/GN events, nothing serious. I had two other buddies that went 10.8s with the same combo except with a PT54 and slicks on a 10psi launch.

You can see pictures of the car by clicking on the link in my signature and you will see that the car is well cared for. the undercarriage is very, very clean as well as the engine compartment. The interior is immaculant. The body is straight with absolutly no rust. The trunk area is perfect and the spare tire has never been used. The paint is factory. I thought about painting it serveral times however, I believe in cars that are "survivors". The paint is good and shines well. I think of it as a 1 footer. You have to get close to see the GM flaws.

I purchased the car from Dennis Kirban in late 2001. Kirban installed the additional bracing and missing body bushings. The car was all factory stock down to the air box and single exhaust, absolutly no mods were done. I bought the GN with 42,700 miles and today it has 58,000. I use to drive the GN every chance I could, but with my career, time spent on cars and my kids time has dwindled to little to no time at all. Hence the reason the Saleen went earlier this year.

Initially I was planning on selling the '68 Mustang but I see that car as more of a car the that the whole family can enjoy. In the past 2 years I probably only put about 1000 miles on the GN. The Buick has only one purpose, to intimidate and terrorize while on the prowl.

I have won serveral first place trophys at the local car shows, which I started attending just last year. I simply put out a couple of dyno charts in picture frames and people cannot believe that a little V6 can make so much power.

The PTS tranny and 9/11 converter are the gate keeper to making this car as powerful as it is. The 9/11 really helps the PT51 spool quickly and the killer/street shifts so precise it's not funny. This a really good tranny PERIOD!

I have all of the factory orig. parts that go with the car. Every nut, bolt, clamp and screw so that it can go back to factory spec along with additional parts that I have collected to be used as spares. I always use Mobile 1 synthetic oil and so did the owner before me.

As for price. NADA list the GN at $13,500 for average retail and $21,500 for high retail. I think that this GN is a solid $15,000 if I were to sell it without any of the mods and return it to stock or $18,500 will all the goodies and the box of factory parts which includes 6 GN rims in excellent condition.

I have all the reciepts and a mountian of documentation that also go with the car.

I know that when it goes I'm going to ask myself, Why did I just do that? But I really think the Callaway and the '68 are enough to have for one person.

feel free to email me at soundersmom@yahoo.com for additional pictures or to answer any questions. I would prefer a local sale if possible hence posting in this forum.

best regards

Picture added

Attachments

• GN DS.jpg
    GN DS.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 519
Hey Frank, hate to see you sell the GN, but hopefully it will go to a good home. I know all of your cars are pampered. I've forwarded this link on to a friend of mine thats wanting to get another GN when he returns from overseas, not sure of his timetime though. I know this is one of the best GN's I've seen locally for sale.

Overseas Rob

Hi Frank. I'm the friend from overseas whom Rob mentioned. I'll shoot you an e-mail. Great looking car and combo.

~Rob

2QUIK6 said:
Hey Frank, hate to see you sell the GN, but hopefully it will go to a good home. I know all of your cars are pampered. I've forwarded this link on to a friend of mine thats wanting to get another GN when he returns from overseas, not sure of his timetime though. I know this is one of the best GN's I've seen locally for sale.

Thanks Rob for the kind words. I've seen some of your cars and it would be tough to hold up to your high standards :)

Rob B.

I received you email and shot back a little more info on my GN, probably a little to much :rolleyes:

Anyway get back to me when you can and let me know what your timeframe is.

regards
FS

hey Frank,

Good luck with your sale. I figure Im about a year away from searching for a car of this calibur. I want one I can play a little harder with, and this one surely fits the bill. Just poor timing.

I think we talked last year or so at a local car show. You didnt bring the GN though. You just drove in your Saleen late in the show. im thinking you live close to a co-worker of mine. You have a guy across the street on the corner getting a pool put in by chance? Has his fence down at the moment. Maybe not. I was over there race weekend and was gonna stop by and see your car, but didnt want to intrude..... Anyways, good luck with the sale, but hope it stays local!

LOL!

Wayne I remember you, your wife and your amazing low mile GN you took home a trophy that night. What a beautiful GN you have, and you are correct! I live just across the street from your buddy. Next time your in the area bring the GN and stop over and say hello.

You never know about timing, this may be a bad time for most folks for an extra expense and my GN may still be available.

thanks for the bump PaCemkr86 :)

Frank

Something about the rims makes that car look so tuff. I love it. Looks just like mine.
I think the price is very resonable.
Just to give an idea. I paid $18.500 for my GN a little over a year ago.
43,000 mile car. Or so I was told. Lots of tasty mods just like yours
minus the GNX wheels. But basicly the same upgrades.
Got the weekend out of the car and the cam went flat. Well we all know what goes with that. Me not knowing much, I throw a new cam in and off I go.
Weekend 2. New cam is in and Im out cruisin, right. All the sudden I notice the temp going up and down. So I get it home, check the radiator fluid and its low. So Im thinking what the hell. Needless to say I had a blown head gasket and anti-freeze in my oil. So out comes the motor.

Wekend 3. Motors back in. New head gaskets another new cam,oil pump etc.
Start it up to break in the cam, got a rod knock. What the fudge. So out comes the motor and into the rebuilder.

So at this point I want it bullit proof. I find a place who works on GNs and drop off the motor with $5000. He tell's me three weeks. Well three months later Im still waiting and this guy stoped picking up his phone and would not return my calls. Finally about 6 months later I roll in on this guy and he give me a story. I won't get into that. From there he say's two weeks it will be done.
Finally got it back a month later after hounding the crap out of him, just in time for winter. So I throw in, this is late Nov. Can't do much as far as driving and tuning. Over the winter I put some Kirban wheel with new tires.
I am just now starting to enjoy the car a little. I also just had to put a new trans in it. Go figure.

So $18.500 for the car
+ $7000 for the motor
+ $1350 for the trans
+ $2000 Kirban rims and toyo tires
+ the two cams and the two oil pumps and head gaskets and all my time and grief. Don't get me wrong, I still love her to death but thats the problem. It's like crack cocain. You will be having some withdraws I'm sure.
Bottom line, your car is a good deal. Even more so due to you status on this board. Good luck with the sale. From what I have seen and read, its well worth it.

Here is a picture of mine . Rick

Attachments

• I3010192.JPG
    I3010192.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 359
Rick, thanks for the kind words.

I have to say that's an amazing story. What persistance to stick thru all of those issues!!! All your pains paid off... The GN looks good and it seems like your enjoying yourself.

I too like the cross laced rims. My rims came from a Buick Dealership several years ago. I purchased them from a guy who bought them and never mounted them. They were brand new never used! What a find. They are the same GTA fronts that everyone else has.

Take care
FS

DANG IT FRANK! You can ask Mark, I was working on this!!!!!!!!!!! I was keeping quiet hoping the car would remain for sale. But really, congradulations. I really needed more time anyways, but I was working towards it! See ya sometime soon when I go see Mark in the near future :D

1987BuickGN said:
DANG IT FRANK! You can ask Mark, I was working on this!!!!!!!!!!! I was keeping quiet hoping the car would remain for sale. But really, congradulations. I really needed more time anyways, but I was working towards it! See ya sometime soon when I go see Mark in the near future :D

Had I only known... This wasn't a fire sale by any means. My GNX style rims and tires were not apart of the deal as with many stock GN/TR parts. If your intrested in anything let me know.

Frank

Talk wheels and tires to me............... :D Wouldnt mind a set if they were too good of a deal to pass over. And on the car, I was just razzing ya, like I said, timing was wrong and probably would have put a hurt on me for a while if I would have gotten it. What else you keep?????? :eek:

1987BuickGN said:
What else you keep?????? :eek:

2 extra factory wheels with BFG Drag Radials mounted
Stock Intercooler and shroud with screen!
2 Stock Turbos, one highly polished
a couple of wastegate elbow for turbo
Stock radio with EQ
Nice Up Pipe
A couple turbo sheilds
stock down pipe
Complete engine wiring harness with relays
Several coil packs
Several ignition modules
Several MAF
New OEM Crank Sensor
Stock air box
Stock Cat
ATR HIGH FLOW 3" CAT
Emissions chip for 50#
A couple ECM's
New OEM black hose clamps
Hood liner clips
Cross over pipe
DS repaired factory header
Kirban front frame brace
stock sway bar
Unmodified wastegate actuator
good black headlight bezels
front bumper
42# injectors

and I'm sure there's more :)

boostedmaxPSI said:
Had I only known... This wasn't a fire sale by any means. My GNX style rims and tires were not apart of the deal as with many stock GN/TR parts. If your intrested in anything let me know.

Frank

GNX style wheels are sold!

I'm interested in the front brace and possibly the bezels. Feel free to give me a call at 214-763-4137. I'm in NRH.

Justin