1987 GN engine/trans for sale

I'm thinking about putting up my engine and trans for sale. Both have 144,898 miles on them. This is the original combo the car came with. I picked up the car with 108,846 miles and have driven the car without incidence. THe car is my daily driver (71 miles a day round trip for work). I have also taken mini-vacations to Michigan, KY and WI. 500-700 mile trips have been the norm. The engine maintenance is fully documented starting at mileage 517 through today. MPG varies between 22-25 with cruise control.

Reason for selling: I have the opportunity to pick up a "warmed up" engine/trans to take me to the next level.

Depending upon the availability of a new engine management system, I might be inclined to sell the stock harness and ECM.

Modifications currently include: 37lb inj's, Jays GN chip, RJC plate, FP regulator. The tranny has a shift kit with crisp shifts and the converter is the stock D5.

I'd like to have it picked up rather than shipped. But I'll look into shipping.

Email me at akgn50@4nc.com for questions.

also, if you post your price, those of us researching a swap will be able to know what they should expect to pick up a rebuild project for w/o having to PM you pretending we are interested, even though we have no intentions of buying now.

..... i mean, pm me the price i am interested :rolleyes:
actualy on a serious note, could you pm me the price, i am trying to make an expense estimate. thanks

PM relief

It is the stock 109 block. I’d like to get $1000 for the engine which does not include the TA49 turbo, TH downpipe, 37lb injectors, ECM, stock intercooler or the wiring harness, since these seem to be the variables across many TR owners. If there is interest in some/all of these items, we can work something out. I’m looking for $500 for the trans and converter. Shipping is not included. Pickup of the motor and trans will be in Elk Grove Village (Near O'hare airport, NW suburb of Chicago). There is a possibility of meeting within a reasonalble distance and splitting costs (provided I can pull some favors with friends who have trailers) I can also reached via email: akgn50@4nc.com