1987 crate turbo buick NOS short block

turbo

Thought I'd give the forum guys a heads up before a possible eBay listing.

It's still in the crate (never opened). If I took pictures, it would just show the crate with the block inside. Not what anyone would care to see. I can open it and take pictures when an offer gets serious/doable.

Top engine builders quote prices in this this area for a short block---give or take 10-15%:

NEW block------400.00
" crank------350.00
" pistons----650.00
" rods-------400.00
MACHINE WORK--700.00
assembly--------300.00
timing chain------75.00
bearings---------250.00
main seal-------- 15.00

Tax on some of these items boosts the price even further.

Someone may say that they paid $15.00 for a timing chain. I don't want to get into a price conflict. That's cool if you can swing cheaper prices for the above stuff. I'm talking about engine builders that you know of whose last names start with A...C...D...Z...just to initial a few. Guys in the know are aware of these costs.

No trades. Would like to sell in Southern CA. If shipped, buyer pays and sets up shipping. If serious, PM me. Some room to negotiate, but not much.

I'm being straightforward to save you and me time and effort. I can answer PM's quicker.

Thanks.

If thats one off the assembly line from the early 90's or earlier then someone will go for it.

bump for some pics.

As I said: If I took pictures, it would just show the crate with the block inside.

I answered all the PM's. It may be sold. But haven't heard the fat lady sing. :)

I'll have to open the crate for prospective buyer/buyers. I'll have pics of it before and after being taken out of crate, just in case it doesn't sell this weekend.