1987 Cadillac Allante?

Walk away!!

RUN! Forest Run!

The only Allante worth anything is the 1993 with the Northstar. What suks is that 1987 was the first year of production if that tells you anything. They were kind of neat cars. Built in Italy and flown into the USA to have the powertrains installed. Thats right. Flown in on airliners and not shipped in by boat.

Pro's: Italian styling (they do look niiiiiiiice) with american size/cushyness
Con's: really only need to say one thing: MID 80's ITALIAN ELECTRONICS AND BUILD QUALITY. Just look at that dash... can you imagine how much is possible to go wrong behind there. Most italian cars of the era, you're lucky if the starter/ignition circuits work most of the time. Plus, I don't imagine they handle well, or have all that much oomph (esp. if you're used to being a GN pilot).

Yeah, I agree with what everybody above says. I had a great customer at my old shop with 4 cars and 1 happened to be one of these cars that would "torture" me several times a year.:mad:

Pro's: Italian styling (they do look niiiiiiiice) with american size/cushyness
Con's: really only need to say one thing: MID 80's ITALIAN ELECTRONICS AND BUILD QUALITY. Just look at that dash... can you imagine how much is possible to go wrong behind there. Most italian cars of the era, you're lucky if the starter/ignition circuits work most of the time.

Only the cars body was designed and made in Italy. Bertone is the same coachbuilder that does a lot of work for Ferrari. Everything else is 100% GM including the speedo and wiring. Build quality was excellent untill the folding top started leaking and than it was all downhill. The removable hardtop is a must if you have to own one.

BTW my first car was a 71 Fiat 850 Spider. Damn nice car at the time. As reliable as the sun coming up in the morning. Also a Bertone styled car with the same M/M electrics that was used by all of the Italians including Ferrari and Lambo.

Only the cars body was designed and made in Italy. Bertone is the same coachbuilder that does a lot of work for Ferrari. Everything else is 100% GM including the speedo and wiring. Build quality was excellent untill the folding top started leaking and than it was all downhill. The removable hardtop is a must if you have to own one.

BTW my first car was a 71 Fiat 850 Spider. Damn nice car at the time. As reliable as the sun coming up in the morning. Also a Bertone styled car with the same M/M electrics that was used by all of the Italians including Ferrari and Lambo.

didn't know that, I just assumed since they were built over there, the used their components/wiring etc. As far as your 71, I can;t say anything, never owned one that old, but i and several of my freinds over the years haave and still do own a few italian models from the mid-late 80's... your 71 may have been done right with quality work, but thats not the norm from my experience from later year cars. I LOVE italian cars, but the build quality coming out of their factory in the 80's, especially the electrics (even in big name cars like lambo and sometimes ferrari) was pretty shabby (not that there were many cars with GOOD build quality in the 80s, in any country :) ).

I wouldn't say my Fiat was anything top notch. Just on the same level as anything from the 70's. I have an old saying that I like to use every once in awhile, as far as build quality goes.

"The worst cars built today are still better than the best cars built 10 years ago."

That clip from the Bundy's is burned into my hard drive. The new Allanteeeeeee!