1987 buick we4? or not?

Lindsay

Hello I have a 1987 buick regal turbo. I originally was told the car is a we4. A couple people now have told me that its just a regal. How do I know? It has blacked out bumpers, and the w02 code on the RPO tag. It is not a GN. and does not have we2 on the rpo

THANKS!

Hi Lindsay,
Welcome to a great site where many can help you in your Ride
I believe you might have a T-Type
An example of my 1987 GN we2 Service Parts Label
Check this site as it mighty help you I.D. what you're looking for:
http://www.gnttype.org/numbers/rpo.html

Attachments

• 87 GN 080A copy.jpg
    87 GN 080A copy.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 371
I did go to that website i broke down the RPO. I cant figure out what it means. I have the y56 which means it has the "t package" so i assumed it is a Turbo T. not a regal limited or gn. I was told it was a WE4, but I dont see that number listed anywhere. Thats why i need help. What it is?? lol

I cant figure out how to post my RPO tag..
The car has a hood ornament too but no badging on the exterior

Base Regal w/ Turbo
4,268 Produced
245 HP @ 4400 RPM
355 ft-lbs. of torque at 2000 RPM

This is probably what i have then.. :(
Thanks for your help

Welcome to the site Lindsay. I move your post to the general section to get more exposure. There's lots of different options that could be had on these cars and there are a few examples. Some have the most options you can get while others have almost no options other than the turbo powered engine. You'll need a few more posts before you can post pics and if you take one of the SPID lable make sure to blank out the VIN.

Hello I have a 1987 buick regal turbo. I originally was told the car is a we4. A couple people now have told me that its just a regal. How do I know? It has blacked out bumpers, and the w02 code on the RPO tag. It is not a GN. and does not have we2 on the rpo

THANKS!

If it does not have WE4 on the RPO it is a regular turbo regal... it should have chrome bumpers though.. someone must have painted them

WE4 and Turbo T are are two in the same, if it's and 87 and not a WE4 it just a "T". No such thing as a T-type after 86! And as much as everyone likes to call they're non GN 87 TR a Turbo T, thats not true, just easier to say, sounds better, and less confusing. Just cause it's has the Turbo motor under the hood with a bulge, people like to talk me up! Rightfully so, still a bad ass sleeper by any means, and either lot of TR people just don't know the real deal or just don't care and call it what they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WE4 and Turbo T are are two in the same, if it's and 87 and not a WE4 it just a "T". No such thing as a T-type after 86! And as much as everyone likes to call they're non GN 87 TR a Turbo T, thats not true, just easier to say, sounds better, and less confusing. Just cause it's has the Turbo motor under the hood with a bulge, people like to talk me up! Rightfully so, still a bad ass sleeper by any means, and either lot of TR people just don't know the real deal or just don't care and call it what they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eek ... not sure I fully agree here... a 87 TURBO T is a turbo charged T package regal.. A WE4 is a special Turbo T in that it has the WE4 package ... EVERY WE4 is a TURBO T.. however not every Turbo T is a WE4

and Every 87 Turbocharged NON GN IS a Turbo T

You can have a 87 "T" without the turbo as well... just because it isn't a WE4 you can have a T model with no turbo.
A limited with a turbo motor is technically a Turbo T as well ... just that it is also a LIMITED model as well... every 87 Turbo Limited is a Turbo T .. but not every 87 Turbo T is a limited ..

Ok so what my tag says W02 = sport package with blacked out bumpers , and the Y56= T package. So I think maybe its a Regal Turbo T. Right? maybe? thanks for all your help.

Ok so what my tag says W02 = sport package with blacked out bumpers , and the Y56= T package. So I think maybe its a Regal Turbo T. Right? maybe? thanks for all your help.
WO2 is black out TRIM( headlight bezels, wheel well trim ... but not black bumpers... black bumpers is WE2 ( GN ) and WE4 Only

you have a 87 Turbo T --- Black Turbo charged T model ( NON WE4)

to further confuse things .. it is remotely possible to have a WE4 Turbo T with chrome bumpers

WO2 is black out TRIM( headlight bezels, wheel well trim ... but not black bumpers... black bumpers is WE2 ( GN ) and WE4 Only

you have a 87 Turbo T --- Black Turbo charged T model ( NON WE4)

to further confuse things .. it is remotely possible to have a WE4 Turbo T with chrome bumpers

So someone could have painted the bumpers then I guess. it has black bumpers too...it has the code for a block heater too, but no block heater. It has sentinel head lamps, and rear defrost.

Here is my Tag, and a pic of the car

Attachments

• rpo.jpg
    rpo.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 309
  • buick.jpeg
    buick.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 258
Here is my Tag, and a pic of the car

A dead giveaway that someone did stuff to make it look like a WE4 is that it has a hood emblem .. Also rear spoiler..
if its a real WE4 it wouldn't have either ... the back spoiler could have been a dealer installed option.. however not the hood emblem

my all original WE4 ,
no spoiler, no hood emblem,
black everything, T rims, (should have a "T" emblem on front fender between wheel and door,

Attachments

• jan14 WE4 011RCC.jpg
    jan14 WE4 011RCC.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 302
Is the car all stock?
Don't know if you have a Scanmaster as this will help diagnose your engine

It's actually more rare than a WE4, then again nobody cares much. :p

Post a pic. of the cowl tag should be a black metal tag under the drivers wiper area.

You can decipher the approx. build date from the upper left hand letters and numbers. :)