1987 buick we4? or not?

It's actually more rare than a WE4, then again nobody cares much. :p

Post a pic. of the cowl tag should be a black metal tag under the drivers wiper area.

You can decipher the approx. build date from the upper left hand letters and numbers. :)

I was gonna just add that ... its far rarer than a WE4.. looks like a real nice car

It's actually more rare than a WE4, then again nobody cares much. :p

Post a pic. of the cowl tag should be a black metal tag under the drivers wiper area.

You can decipher the approx. build date from the upper left hand letters and numbers. :)
Oooo, I hope we get a cowl tag pick. I love learning new things.
I see it has cc1 hatch roof, keep those under parts maintained or you will have probs. It has 19u black paint. It should be an early build car but we will see when salvagev6 deciders the cowl tag.
I've posted what I think of the WE4 /TurboT stuff with gm docs. Call it what you want but GM called the WE4 the Turbo T package.

How about some pix of your ride?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Base Regal w/ Turbo
4,268 Produced
245 HP @ 4400 RPM
355 ft-lbs. of torque at 2000 RPM

This is probably what i have then.. :(
Thanks for your help
No need to be sad, you have the same running gear as the GN, plus its probably a nice car!!

Also interested in how a we4 was possible with chrome bumpers. First ever hearing that.

I've never heard of that yet. Early production chrome bumpers? Thanks for the info.
Early in the production the we4 was rolled out and the black paint with wo2 was scratched from availability. Not sure about the non wo2 cars with black.
Doubt there were chrome bumpers we4 from Buick.

Early in the production the we4 was rolled out and the black paint with wo2 was scratched from availability. Not sure about the non wo2 cars with black.
Doubt there were chrome bumpers we4 from Buick.

There was ... I will try to dig up a few pics if I can find them .. going back 20 years ... I know there are more than a few of these cars that made it out ... GM errors ?? That I am not sure of

The one I saw in person had the chrome bumpers but did NOT have the hood emblem on the header panel .. it did have the WE4 option code and it was a 1 owner car. this was back in the early - mid 90's that I last saw it ... He lived 2 blocks away from me and ordered the car new drove it on the weekends.. then gave it to his kid... kid drove it in the ground .. I tried to buy the car as I knew what it was ... but the kid kept cryin to his dad that he wanted the car ( at the time it was probably the fastest car in the highschool parking lot and he must have gone through tires every month) .. I don't know what happened to the car but I do still see the original owner from time to time.

I've never heard of that yet. Early production chrome bumpers? Thanks for the info.

I do not know if its EARLY or LATE .. either in the early ones done by mistake OR they ran out of black bumpers and just used what they had to get them out the door..

I am positive if the owners COMPLAINED that the dealers would resolve the issues .. but in the 1 case I posted about . .he got a CHROME bumper WE4.. .. everything else was correct but the bumpers. I think I know of another and am actually trying to find pics as his was also a CF5 car..

I am not sure if the value would be any different as I doubt someone really cares if it has the "WRONG" bumpers or not .. even if its documented to me its still a WE4 car and still won't fetch what a GN will .. just like all the limited's and all the NON GN turbo regals.

Rumor has it only a couple hundred black WO2 cars were built before the WE4 option came online. Chrome bumpers, hood ornament, silver door lock covers / truck lock covers are a few give-aways of these types of cars.

Mine is one of them and the same thing happened to it as yours. Somebody painted the bumpers black, filled in the hood ornament holes, painted the key lock covers.... made it all black. I would have thought WO2 would include black lock covers but who knows.....