1987 Buick Turbo T package for sale

dz28

Selling a 1987 Buick Turbo T package Buick. This is a three owner car with very low miles, 13,600 when stored (inside a CarJacket inside my heated garage) for the winter. I'm attaching the window sticker for the car originally delivered to Putnam Chevrolet-Buick in Winchendon, Massachusetts. My understanding is the original owner was a bit of a collector with Corvettes, Cobra's and Buicks hence the low miles. This car was never a commute type car, always stored and rarely driven. Second owner punched in less than 300 miles. Third (me) has added about 70. Originally planned to upgrade for power and have determined this is really a survivor car that needs to be spared the horsepower changes. From what I can determine the only parts not original to the car are the battery, catalytic converter (has some type of high flow cat), ECM chip (have the original), and air cleaner (it has an ATR cold air kit and I do have the original factory air cleaner). Paint looks great (slight checking starting on the roof of the car however it is slight), wheeled the car and the paint really pops in the sunlight. There is a bit of road chips below the beltline but it is as expected for this low mileage car. Did a Carfax last year when I bought the car and it's clean. Really hadn't planned to sell this car but also didn't expect it to be so nice. Title is clear, this is not going to be a give away so please don't bother lowballing, if the car does not bring what I want then it can sit on the lift for another year. Also have a lot of paper on this car, original keys with key knockouts, odo statement, GM Protection Plan agreement, Putnam motor vehicle purchase contract, vehicle invoice, copy of original Massachusetts title, customer satisfaction delivery procedure, owners manual, Delco manual, all warranty info, original salesman card, you get the idea. Car is located in Michigan and the price is $22K and I'm firm at this price. Please don't turn this thread into a commentary about the prices of these cars, find one first with this equipment, clean ownership trail, originality, and paper from the dealer. If you find the same or better car with this history then buy it and leave this thread alone, trying to sell a car to finance another Buick. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Buick window sticker rev.jpg
    Buick window sticker rev.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 560
  • TB Buick.jpg
    TB Buick.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 851
pics of motor and interior

Attachments

• tb.jpg
    tb.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 591
  • engine tb.jpg
    engine tb.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 593
really didn't want to go the trade route, already have another car picked out, need to free up some cash in order to make it work. It never hurts to ask though, what are the details?

Thanks Shane, it really is a nice car, really just too nice for me to mess with. The great thing is these cars are not going to go down in value anytime soon. They are not keeping up with the 1st gen Camaros but still going up 5-10% per year.

WOW....

good luck with the sale, car is beautiful!

By any chance did you purchase this car in up state NY?

I knew someone at one point with a car just like this that was mint...

Rick, car actually started in Massachusetts and relocated to Louisiana. I did talk to a couple of guys in upstate New York, one had a similar car with red interior that had a ton of chrome and the other is an original owner car with very low miles and some mods. It is a T pkg car however has the complete black out package and zero chrome. Believe he still has the car.

Over a thousand views on six different websites and very little response. Fair enough, thanks to those that did respond and the related bumps.

Phil, good to hear from you. As you know my lift is almost as much fun as my two rides. Based on the response it looks like this T is going to see a bigger turbo, injectors, intercooler, etc. this year. Really hate to tear into this car however seem addicted to higher horsepower.... not sure what that's all about but with the SS and the Turbo car, both appear totally stock but do not sound stock and motivate as a stocker would. Both are stupidly clean and fresh. Not a bad combination. So update your profile and start working on the wife on a lift, one of the best investments I've ever made. :cool:

dz28 said:
Over a thousand views on six different websites and very little response. Fair enough, thanks to those that did respond and the related bumps.

Well I responded and never received a response back...

STP said:
Well I responded and never received a response back...

my apologies :confused: thought I responded to your email. as I mentioned, trading is not really what I want to do. I think I've provided enough information on the car for you to decide whether this represents a value to you or not. you also have in mind what value you place on your car. I did look at the pictures and would be willing understand how much of a gap there is between the value of the two cars. make me an offer and I'm open for discussion.

turbo6video said:
Nice Car! How bad is the paint? (checking in roof) Thanks

the checking is not that bad at all, the car rarely sees any longterm exposure to sushine and will maintain this look for many years to come. if interested I can send the pictures I do have that show decent shine and appearance. considering the method of paint back in 1987 (lacquer painted at Fisher Body in Flint then bodies trucked down to Pontiac Plant 8/G car plant for final assembly and I do remember seeing them being driven down I-75) the car has really held up well. it really shows the car has led a sheltered life. I'll dig up a couple of pictures and send them via email so I don't have to dumb up the number of pixels here.