1987 Buick Turbo 'T' 3.8 SFI Turbo, 80k miles, Garage kept

overkillphil

Wife has finally made the difficult decision to part with her beloved 1987 Buick Turbo 'T'. This car has been kept in pristine condition, always garaged and only has 80k original miles. This is one of the nicest Turbo T's in existence. Exterior is gorgeous and interior flawless. It was repainted several years ago with an expensive Dupont system in the correct 87 GN black, including all new GM weather-stripping as well as the expensive GM opera window/gaskets), GNX style air extractors on front fenders (with custom inner fender vents under the hood to compliment), all new GM exterior black out trim etc. The engine is all original and the heads have never been off. Original turbo, rock solid 200-4R trans and D5 converter, original 3.42 limited slip axle. Amsoil and Mobil 1 used throughout most of its life with Brad Penn 10w30 (high ZDDP) used in recent years for engine. Original GN turbo hood was painted at the same time as the car and is included in the sale. All performance mods to this car are minor and were done with the primary objective of improving overall performance/efficiency while complimenting the excellent package developed by Buick Engineers.

Some of the other highlights that have been added:

GNX style VDO full gauge package
Kirban GNX style wheels (16x8)
255-50-ZR-16 BFG Comp T/A's (and drag radial versions on the rear)
ATR stainless 2-1/2" mandrel bent exhaust and mufflers.
ATR stainless mandrel bent full bore 2-1/2" turbo downpipe.
Kirban's TPS Tec
ATR (Last Generation) Pit Bull Chip
ATR smooth aluminum turbo inlet pipe and bell
HO Racing Enterprises springs and oversized anti sway bars
Poly bushings all around
Bilstein shocks all around
Fiberglass Turbo hood (original GN hood was repainted as well with car and is safely stored away-included in deal)
Troublesome Powermaster brake system converted to standard G-body system with 89 Turbo T/A style plenum adaptor for booster vacuum.
Correct GM Mini Starter
ATR “cleaned up” & polished Plenum
Adjustable Fuel pressure regulator and pillar mounted gauge/pod
Aluminum Driveshaft
Pioneer stereo (correct GM opening size) drop in replacement unit and speakers via Crutchfield OEM plug in adaptors (no cutting of OEM wires/plugs)
OEM Delco stereo/equalizer and speakers will be included if buyer wishes)

$20,000

(Available separately if interested: Large Terry Houston Downpipe with integral wastegate. Never installed, as purchased originally.)

32.jpg

29.jpg

31.jpg

28.jpg

34.jpg

33.jpg

37.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

Does it have nitros? I didnt see that mentioned in the mod list but I see it on the motor....at least it looks like it.

Sorry, it's been a long time, I don't remember the name of the place but I believe they went out of business years ago.

$18,000 OBO. This is a turn key car which can be driven home, taken to shows etc. Why buy someone else's basket case or project and then spend tons of money and valuable time restoring it.

I'm interested in TH downpipe, if it's still available. Pictures? Specs? And what kind of radio did you use? Thank you and good luck with sale.

Nice car! Judging by the inspection stickers its in Pennsylvania.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Thank you. If it's not too much trouble, can you give me the radio model that fits in the stock opening.

The radio is a Pioneer DEH...xxx built as a drop in replacement for the oversize Delco OEM unit. I think it came from Crutchfield and they of course supplied the plug adaptors to avoid cutting of any wires. It is an older unit and I must think is no longer available given the speed and frequency that car stereo equipment changes. However, I believe there are newer and better units available these days.

Thank you. If it's not too much trouble, can you give me the radio model that fits in the stock opening.

It is a 1.5 DIN size.
That particular model was discontinued quite some time ago. They are available on EvilBay in the $350 price range
Except for the fact that it is nice 1.5 DIN aftermarket heads unit, there is nothing really that spectacular about it, considering the lack of iPod or XM interface.
Other options to consider for a decent 1.5 DIN are 80's vintage Corvette Radio, Syclone / Typhoons, even Fiero stereos.
I have a Corevette model in my WE4 and it is ...decent. Sorta. Just not enough power. And no iPod or XM which is the real drag.

That's a super cool Black T with Tan interior that I rarely see.
I always thought the tan interior with black exterior is the classic combo.
Even though I do like my Grey interior.