1987 Buick Turbo Motor- Complete pull out motor

griz_83ho

Have a 1987 Buick T Type with complete/stock motor. Motor fires right up and runs but does have what sounds like a lower end knock at start up, and when reving it up. When it has a load on it, it doesnt seem to make any noise....so Im selling it as a motor that needs a rebuild. It will be 100% complete when pulled out including all brackets, turbo, exhaust maifolds, intercooler, etc. Have not pulled anything off of motor to check for std bore, but the engine bay looks 100% stock and previous owner had told me the car had sat for the better part of 11 to 12 years(intake, exhaust, injectors, etc.) so I would be confident it is std throughout.
Asking $1500 Located in Quad Cities (Iowa)

Can you please post some pics of what you're selling?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Here's my 2 cents...
I know that some folks come across great deals that are rare. ...finding a complete engine/trans/ecm/3" downpipe/big injectors/4 chips/turbo/intercooler all for like $500 it does happen...

Just because 1 person got this kind of a deal doesn't mean the market turns upside down. Try pricing out a 109 block, internals, and all of the bolt on items and see how close you come to griz's asking price.

May get lucky and all it needs is the crank turned/new bearings or, or, or, maybe, just maybe.... nothing at all! Maybe the torque converter bolts are loose and it just sounds like it's knocking... :eek:

Here's my 2 cents...
I know that some folks come across great deals that are rare. ...finding a complete engine/trans/ecm/3" downpipe/big injectors/4 chips/turbo/intercooler all for like $500 it does happen...

Just because 1 person got this kind of a deal doesn't mean the market turns upside down. Try pricing out a 109 block, internals, and all of the bolt on items and see how close you come to griz's asking price.

May get lucky and all it needs is the crank turned/new bearings or, or, or, maybe, just maybe.... nothing at all! Maybe the torque converter bolts are loose and it just sounds like it's knocking... :eek:
X2
It's all the little pieces and brackets you need that end up killing ya!

I appreciate the feedback guys, I have never sold anything like it, so I basically just tried to figure a price comparable with that of buying everything seperate. I am open to offers, If I already didnt have one on a stand I would hold on to it, because I am fairly confident it is an untouched motor.

Trying to post pics. but having ongoing issues with my phone and some kind of a "cookies" warning and unable to perform that action.

I would need a complete wire harness, I am assuming the Ac is part of the assembly . Will you ship for that price?

Any pics of the engine in question?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I have been trying to post pics. of the motor but am having issues uploading from my phone. If anyone is interested I woud be more than happy to shoot them as many pics. as they wanted and video of it running. Yes motor would come complete with ac, alternator, etc.

I appreciate the feedback guys, I have never sold anything like it, so I basically just tried to figure a price comparable with that of buying everything seperate. I am open to offers, If I already didnt have one on a stand I would hold on to it, because I am fairly confident it is an untouched motor.

Trying to post pics. but having ongoing issues with my phone and some kind of a "cookies" warning and unable to perform that action.

Use Photobucket, Imgur, etc. They have great apps for uploading and sharing pics.

I will take a look at photobucket then and hopefully get some up. I am willing to ship on pallet. I will check to turbo in the next day or so but play just havent cracked it apart. Im closing on my house tomorrow so give me a day or so if I do not respond. Thanks,

Pic

Attachments

• 20130801_005236.jpg
    20130801_005236.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 147
could u message me your phone #, I tried emailing you from craigslist but I don't think u got it? I am local and would like to talk to you about this