1987 buick GN stolen out of Atlanta GA

nicholascawley

On 12/10/03 my pride and Joy as well as my only source of transportation was stolen inside my apartment complex between 7:30 and 8:30 am. The worst part about it is i could only afford liability insurance on the vehicle and my policy does not cover theft so i lost everything. This car was secure and had the kill switch engaged to cut off the pull pump if started. I believe it was taken away by someone with a flat bed or a tow truck and they wanted that specific vehicle. I have owned this car for four years now and have so much invested in it including the memory's of my father and me working on it together on the weekends. Im sure anyone here can understand the frustration of having a vehicle stolen that was so special to you in more ways than just performance. I know this is a stretch but If by any chance a kind buick fan spots a black 1987 GN in the Alabama, South Carolina, Atlanta,Marrietta, Duluth, Norcross, Georgia area. For the love of God please check the VIN # in the window if possible. THe VIN # is 1G4GJ1176HP448853. If you could please write down this VIN # and put it in your wallet for any chance you come across one. MY GN also has a distinct look to it. Please see the next post i put up for further description. If you happen to see this vehicle contact the police immediatly and call me Nicholas Cawley at 404-493-4565. My email address is.

nicholasjcawley@hotmail.com

1. The Chrome 3.8 liter turbo emblems were pulled off of the cowl hood of my car. So there is still that sticky paste that was used to put them on originally and the paste is still in the shape of the 3.8 liter emblem.

2. The bottom left side trim that houses the front left turn signal is warped or bent a little from heat but the right side trim is straight.

3. The Vehicle is also loud due to an exaust leak.

4. It is a heavy weight GN with the digital dash speedometor in it and power windows.

5. It is a solid hard top GN and has no glass T-Tops.

6. If by any chance my Tag is still on the car it is a columbia county GA tag.

7. The Black Paint Job is somewhat old and is peeling alot by the windows.

8. The interior is in good shape with just one small tear on the drivers side seat that shows the yellow seat foam in the mid section of the seat. Their is also a small black visible tear that has been repaired and painted black again near the drivers side head rest.

If for any reason you see a vehicle that matches this description please call Nicholas Cawley at 404-493-4565 or 770-956-7158 and contact 911 or the local police immediately to have the vehicle seized.

You can also email me @
nicholasjcawley@hotmail.com

Personally im not some rich guy out there who can just go out and buy a new car whenever he feels he needs to. I have a family. I am a hard working class man who has to repair his car himself when it breaks down because he cant afford to take it to the shops. Now due to my loss my family will not be celebrating christmas or opening as many gifts as others will because our money will have to be put toward buying some cheap form of transportation and all of my tools that were lost that were inside my GN's trunk. Please keep a lookout for my GN. I am willing to scrape together some type of cash reward for its rreturn So please keep a look out for it. I know i would do the same for any other Buick GN owner who had their car stolen.

Thanks and God bless.
Nick.

Man that sucks. Maybe a moderator will sticky this so you southern guys can keep a lookout for a couple months and see if this thing turns up. I hope you find it. Some guys on here have gotten lucky. Your complex doesn't have any cameras or a security guard that would have seen anything? Neighbors see anything? I know in the complex's I've lived in when I was younger, if a wrecker pulled in to take someones car he would usually have an audience. I had a guy with a wrecker who was gonna take one of my cars and a neighbor woke me up and I was able to stop the guy. He claimed my landlord had sent him because she didn't know who the car belonged to. I told the bat that that was GTA and if she sent anybody after my stuff again she would be sitting in the pokey. LOL

Hey thanks for your reply but they did this early in the morning while it was raining. They must have been waiting for the rain to come to help muffle the sound of them taking it away. Im also looking for some tips from anyone on how to bait the theifs or locate their local chop shops. If anyone would like to send me any tips or info on this and what to look for i would greatly appreciate it. Im not giving up on finding my car. Even if their was only a shell left i would still take it back.

Thanks.

Nick.

Sorry to hear about your GN,i've never had a car stolen myself but it must be twice as bad if it's your only transportation.I always wanted a GN since the day I laid eyes on one while workin' at Jiffy Lube back in 87' when one rolled in for a oil change.I finally picked one up last year when i was able to scrape up enough cash for a 2nd vechile.I hope yours turns up soon,i'd hate to think it was in a chop shop being used for parts.I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you up in PA

Hello

I have a friend who just bought a 87 GN Hard Top out of Birmingham, Al, that was a theft recovery car. The car has about 107,000 miles on it . I have not seen it. Just a thought but I will compare VIN #'s for ya at least. I know we have collector cars but you gott awonder why would some one still one in the situation like yours , where they had hte nerve to come in your complex an as you say haul it away. Why do you no think they could have just broke in an stole it, is it because they got past your fail safe device?? Think about it most people do not know about these cars, an most chop shops want late model hi end cars!! Willing to bet it maybe someone you know or met. Anyone in your apt. building that has had a particular interest in your car?? Sometimes the answers are there an clues..