1986 t type, low boost.

Krisverde

Car is basically stock with the exception of a maf translator and later model maf. On the regal we are not getting more than 5 psi. Started last week all of a sudden she was boosting to 15 psi with no issues then my buddy had an intake built for his car and the day after the boost issues started. He put his other intake on to see if that was the issue and still wasn't spooling. Like it used to. No vac leaks, small exhaust leak and I tightened the wastegate. Still no luck with the exception iof a 2 psi gain. My buddy just replaced the wastegate with a known good one and still having the same issues. What else am I missing? I have a feeling it's something simple.

Maybe.."small exhaust leak" isn't so small afterall??
What do your scan reading tell you?

Well one the leak that was found was a bolt came out of headers. That was replaced so now the leak isn't as bad as it was. Replaced the vacuum block gasket also since that was found to be leaking. No scan tool hooked up to the car. Although this would be a great investment.

Oh forgot to mention around when the boost issues started happening the Transmission started acting up when shifting also, as in take a while to shift into gear.. I have tightened up the tv cable a little bit and still needs to go a couple more notches though. Would this cause an issue?

Oh and more to add, I know my buddy stepped on the accelerator on the freeway and the car backfired and stalled, pulled over to find the harness that goes to the ign. module came out. Put it back in and the car was fine but the day after that's when the issues happened. Maybe something shorted out?

1 ANY exh leak is a problem.
2. No scan tool will get you little response from most of the board members. [Not to mention you have NO idea what to look for.]
3. Tightening the TV cable too much will prevent the throttle from opening all the way, which in turn will screw up the tps reading.
4. The module harness has a screw to keep it plugged in.. Use it.
5. Issues after the backfire.. Refer to item # 2....
Suggest you take the car to an experienced tech, B4 U blow it up.

The little screw that keeps the harness in is stripped out. My buddy had his car at an "experienced" techs shop and he over tightened the module screw.
Obviously any exhaust leak is an issue. Still doesn't explain why all these issues popped up. I followed the directions on how to set the tv cable to OEM and that made the car shift real slow so I assume the cable got stretched out. Just weird how it happened so quickly.