1986 T-Type in Pacific NW, $7,950 new restoration - SOLD

No, I'm not familiar with them, but post them on the board, I'm sure someone is. Beautiful car, btw, glws!

Awesome car for the money! I can't believe you still have it, someone will definitely take it at that price. I'm north of the border and we don't see examples like that very often.

Awesome car for the money! I can't believe you still have it, someone will definitely take it at that price. I'm north of the border and we don't see examples like that very often.
I also think it's a great buy for someone! I have an 87 rosewood, and it's a code 71 as well. So evidently they DID make make 86's....

I've done a pretty exhaustive search on the internet and nowhere do I see a code 71 as Rosewood. Code 78 & 82 are Med Rosewood Met, code 80 is Lt Rosewood Met, and code 86 is Dk Rosewood Met.
Check out
http://www.gnttype.org/numbers/rpo.html for a list of colors.
Like I have in my signature, open mouth, etc. My car is the same color as yours, for sure. Since I've owned the car, always been told that it's rosewood, from folks much more knowledgeable than myself. Oh, well. GLWS.

I'm not confused. I like that car. I could care less what the color is called.

A hot ass woman in a rosewood nighty is still a hot ass woman . :)
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I want it. Let me see if I can find the funds.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

History Update:
Just did a VIN check on the car and found that there was a "Salvage Record" issued in Arizona in June of 1998. Apparently the car was stolen and the insurance company paid the owner for it's value. Later the car was recovered and no damage was found, only the wheels and tires were taken. The owner wanted the car back so he returned the money. The insurance company filed the record and a new title was issued. The new title was clear, NOT A SALVAGE TITLE. I have retitled it in Oregon and it is also clear and says NONE under "Title Brands". The bottom line is a Carfax or Autocheck will show a salvage record but in fact there is not a salvage title. It is as if the theft never happened and there is no down side as a result.

Just wanting to be upfront with any potential buyer.

BTW, now reducing the price to $7500.

Are the pics in the first post from when the ODO showed 10k? Do you have before and during pictures of the paint?

Are the pics in the first post from when the ODO showed 10k? Do you have before and during pictures of the paint?
Hi Cliffy C
A PM Was sent please call me
View attachment 203320 View attachment 203319 Found this car in Washington State, had been sitting for several years, mostly inside. Car is originally from Arizona, has no rust issues. Owner had left it with all new interior parts but hadn't installed. Body was solid and straight with only minor scratches and needed paint. Motor and trans had been rebuilt and has posi rear end. Odometer read 31K, assume it is 131K. Decided to take this on as a summer project.

Have spent the last several months restoring and detailing the car. Installed the interior, replaced all sensors, filters (gas, air, oil, trans.) and leaky gaskets. Replaced injectors, flushed radiator, intercooler and gas tank. Replaced Powermaster with vacuum unit and all new brakes (shoes, calipers, wheel cylinders, master cylinder). Have not addressed the AC, assume it will need work. Stripped entire engine compartment, cleaned and detailed all pieces, painted where needed. Put on brand new tires mounted on stock aluminum T- wheels.

Removed all body trim and chrome, cleaned, detailed and painted. Had a professional prep and primer the body then sent it to the paint shop. Painted base coat/clear coat original color. Color is code 71, Medium Red Metallic but I'd call it cinnamon.

Engine runs very good, idles smooth, good oil pressure, good power. Took it through DEQ, passed with lower numbers than any of my other three turbo Buicks. Trans shifts good, has tight converter and shift kit. At WOT sometimes need to back off to shift to second. Does great on normal driving. Car handles nice, is quite, feels smooth like a stocker. Licensed in Oregon and has clear title.

Only mods are TT chip for stock injectors and replaced duel exhaust w/Flowmasters.

Asking price $7,950.

Car is not perfect but all major and minor issues have been addressed. It's a real looker with the new paint and would make a great daily driver. I can send more photos on request.View attachment 203317View attachment 203318

Hi Cliffy C

PM sent
very interested in the 86 Buick, title stuff okay. Bryan
cbszr1@aol.com

Sorry for the late reply, been busy over the holidays. Had to replace the odometer as the old one was locked up. I do have a picture showing the 31K (which is 131K) that is actual mileage. Also have a couple pictures of the before paint. I can send them if you PM me your e-mail.

I cant believe this car has not sold yet.
I'm a little amazed myself. I have a couple theory's, first the car is priced to low people think there's something wrong with it. Next, it's poor timing, not many of these cars sell in the winter time. I live on the west coast and those that are interested would have to ship it a long ways which is expensive. I don't have a lot of history on the car so maybe people thinks there's something fishy going on. And when I said I restored it, sounds like it was a basket case that I threw together.

The fact is I bought the car right. The guy just wanted out 'cause he had no way to put it back on the road and he lived 1000 miles away. I've been a Buick guy for many years, I'm retired and have plenty of time to work on my cars. I have the resources and contacts to do what ever I need to keep the cost down and this car was a pretty easy fix. I don't really have a lot into this car and I'm not looking to make a killing on the sale....maybe just a few bucks to help "feed my habit".

There is nothing wrong with his car! It's not perfect but it's solid, runs good, looks great and would make an excellent daily driver. As others have commented I thinks it's a good deal and someone will be very happy with it. Just needs the right person to come along.