1986 Mustang GT

You raised the price just because of a few tire kickers?

How does that help your sale for those of us who are serious and considering?

I was thinking the same thing, you're going to have tire kickers and trust me I know how it feels to be insulted by ridiculously low ball offers, but I wouldn't raise the price because of it...well maybe I'd raise the price to the ones who just low balled me. :biggrin:

There are 2 types of low-ballers...

- The ones who want the car, willing to pay a fair price, have X amount to spend, but not willing to give you your asking price or top dollar. There is nothing wrong with that.

- The ones who really low-ball you, borderline insulting you, not because they want the car, because they have nothing better to do and want to see if they can buy the car for a give-away price.

It can be frustrating.

My most memorable one was selling my base model 68 Firebird with OHC6. It was a beautiful rust-free stock unmolested original car. I felt it was an honest $8500 car, that was a very fair price and my bottom dollar. I put it on eBay with that as the reserve, anything above that was gravy.

Two days into the auction a local guy wants to come look at it and buy it outside the auction with cash. I told him I wasn't willing to do that. He said he would pay my reserve price. I said ok. He shows up the next day, looks the car over, points out a few very minor imperfections, and says the car is only worth $6500 and that's all he is willing to pay. I told him thanks for stopping by.

The car sold for $11,700 to a teacher in Colorado, he loved the car.

There are 2 types of low-ballers...

- The ones who want the car, willing to pay a fair price, have X amount to spend, but not willing to give you your asking price or top dollar. There is nothing wrong with that.

- The ones who really low-ball you, borderline insulting you, not because they want the car, because they have nothing better to do and want to see if they can buy the car for a give-away price.

It can be frustrating.

Or better yet, the low baller knows what the car is worth but wants you to sell it to them at a low dollar price so they can flip it for profit.

I had quite a few low ballers on my Chevelle when I was selling it. The best one was $3500, this is for a restored car, big block engine, bucket seats, 12 bolt rear, SS hood and grille....this was an easy $9k car.

Then another one offered me like $7500, I let a few days roll by and finally emailed back and said no, the guy said he was no longer interested and admitted he was planning to flip it on eBay for profit.

I was talking about the lowballers that wanted to use it as a flip and not enjoy it and the ones that were not really interested in it. If someone is serious, we will talk, but I need to know that one is serious

Mustangs like yours are such a bad investment. They're not easy cars to sell theseadays....

Gulp- Guzzle, Gulp, Guzzle Gas

Its def. not a daily driver but You could consider it a hybrid, lol. Runs off of gas and Nitrous! Lol. AS FOR A BAD INVESTMENT, it all depends on how you rank your Fav. Hobby.

Mustangs like yours are such a bad investment. They're not easy cars to sell theseadays....

Jesus dude i can't believe you posted something this retarded.He has never said this car is a daily driver.

Retarded? No Sh!t these cars aren't daily drivers. None of these cars do I daily drive at all, anyways. And no, I love Mustangs, but especially coupes and saleens. I've owned 12 Mustangs in the past including a 69 302 Fastback, a 66 Convertible, 6 5.0's 347 Troopers Coupe with a PTK Kit- I have 2 GNS now, and want to shed 1. I have an 86 GN that I'm holdin onto. I want something with a clutch and something I can put a turbokit on. Preferably 306 or 347 with a DSS crate engine or GT40.

Honestly, Stangs aren't easy to sell from experience, but I still love them though. I wasnt trying to ruin his thread. It's a nice stang he's selling. Not for what I'm looking for though or I may of been interested....

Good Luck with the Sale

Jesus dude i can't believe you posted something this retarded.He has never said this car is a daily driver.

And I thought my post was borderline unnecessary...

If I were you AsheboroGN, I would delete / remove / edit this thread and start a new one.

I really dont understand why Agent killed this ad. I never did anything to him. Please guys, If any wants a nice mustang, come see this one. I promise you will love it.

You Killed Your Own Ad AsheboroGN...

Sorry-

I didn't kill your ad. You Did AsheboroGN! I made a comment mentioning that these cars aren't easy to sell, because I noticed the previous comments on your thread. You got mad and raised the price back to 8k firm. (see below)
Price Reduction: $7700.00 Firm Or Partial Trade Accepted.

THEN....

Originally Posted by AsheboroGN
Due to annoying lowballers the last 2 days, price is now $8000 firm.

You raised the price just because of a few tire kickers?

How does that help your sale for those of us who are serious and considering?

I'd make an offer, but I'm afraid you may get mad again and raise your price. It's a nice car dude, but calm down. Don't get angry and take out your frustration on other potential buyers.

Nice 86 Stang there

I had one very similar to that one. Yours is in nice condition and looks well taken care of. There's a lot of guys who'd jump at that on the Corral.net or Ebay.

G/L with the sale

I can understand rude comments in the political forum,because politics is a gloves off subject,but that comment was unnecessary in the cars for sale forum IMO,out of respect for the seller.

Price Reduction (except for Agent,lol. jk) $$$ 7500.00

This will save someone major money. Ive spent over 10k in the last 2 yrs on this car.

Thanks,

Jason