1986 Grand National for SALE

turbo6ttype

I am parting with my GN it has just under 70,000 original miles, car has rebuilt tranny with under 2,000 miles on it(extra firm shift) with a precision vigilante 9" 3200 stall converter. brand new reman powermaster unit put on less then 1 year ago. turbo is upgraded (unsure of size) front mount intercooler, upgraded suspension, rear main recently done as well, car has practically NO rust its very solid. Car needs front and rear bumper fillers (I have fronts i will give to owner) and car needs paint. Mechanically the car runs very well although at idle it has a tap sound (possible exhaust leak, lazy valve, lifter, idk) but the sound goes away once you give it gas. Aside from that its a solid t-tops car that is worth every dollar im selling it for which is 7k firm. I need to sell it because i no longer have a place to store it nor want to put anymore money into it. car is located on long island. I put it on craigslist here is link with pics, http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/3367155155.html

Pics?
I might be interested in an '86.

And - if that "tapping" goes away under throttle - you sure it is valvetrain related?
Do you have aftermarket headers or possibly a header / gasket leak?
I know I did - and it drove me crazy, thinking the worst, until I bit the bullet and yanked it off..

Attachments

• IMG_0801.JPG
    IMG_0801.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 121
It very well could just be a gasket or exhaust leak....I just dont want to be bothered with it anymore. First person to come with some cash is gonna get a nice car for the money.

I'm kind of interested, paint job reqd not withstanding.

I'm a little "car'ed" out this month though having just bought 2 this month.

It looks to have some higher dollar options, FMI, etc
I noticed the turbo & turbo wastegate blow off - what turbo is installed - and how's it's condition?

Is that crank pulley just dress up or underdrive?
The interior "looks" decent enough too.

I'm kind of interested, paint job reqd not withstanding.

I'm a little "car'ed" out this month though having just bought 2 this month.

It looks to have some higher dollar options, FMI, etc
I noticed the turbo & turbo wastegate blow off - what turbo is installed - and how's it's condition?

Is that crank pulley just dress up or underdrive?
The interior "looks" decent enough too.

Idk the turbo size...its an underdrive pully interior is in great shape no rips or tears. 6800 takes it.