1986 Grand National 12k miles Barn Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbo87limited

why am i always broke?
First off, I have known about this GN since 1995 when a buddy of mine purchased it from the original owner. This car has not been driven since 1992 when the original owner thought he had blown up the motor. My friend, an avid GN/T Type/TTA collector at the time, purchased the car to restore and keep. Over the next few years, my friend sold off his entire collection as he was running his speed shop business, I personally purchased several of his cars myself, kept a few, and sold a few off myself. All this time he would never sell this particular car, or two other low mileage cream puffs. Fast forward to 2008, freinds father passed away, his business was booming, and he decided to part ways with all 3 turbo regals. I purchased this 1986 GN, another buddy got a 40K 1987 GN, and lastly another friend got a 10K 1987 Silver T Type. Now with all this being said, I have owned this car for almost 4 years myself and simply do not have the time to restore this car either. I have had the transmission rebuilt, motor has been freshened up, misc. other parts purchased, but still no time or desire to finish this project. Along with the sale of this car goes some of my other Turbo regal parts I have collected over the years. Some of these items are 2 passenger fenders, one brand new in GM packaging, one used with power antenae motor still attached. 1 brand new GM radiator core support. 1 extra Turbo hood liner, 1 burgandy turbo regal dash, and some other small pieces I have accumlated over the past years. This car needs to go to someone who will finish the job that has already been started. The car sat in a barn until 2008 when I purchased it, so the normal underside rust in showing, i.e. no undercoating. No rust through anywhere on the car. Trunk mat, and entire trunk look brand new. Interior is almost as nice, saggy headliner, visors material loose, but otherwise really, really nice. I will post a lot of pics tonight when they get through downloading, so please be patient. As far as asking price, complete car and spare parts is $10,000.00. I will accept some partial trades if it is something that interests me personally. No BOATS or Motorcycles please. If any more info is needed, please feel free to PM me on here. I will check the board daily. Thanks.

First off, I have known about this GN since 1995 when a buddy of mine purchased it from the original owner. This car has not been driven since 1992 when the original owner thought he had blown up the motor. My friend, an avid GN/T Type/TTA collector at the time, purchased the car to restore and keep. Over the next few years, my friend sold off his entire collection as he was running his speed shop business, I personally purchased several of his cars myself, kept a few, and sold a few off myself. All this time he would never sell this particular car, or two other low mileage cream puffs. Fast forward to 2008, freinds father passed away, his business was booming, and he decided to part ways with all 3 turbo regals. I purchased this 1986 GN, another buddy got a 40K 1987 GN, and lastly another friend got a 10K 1987 Silver T Type. Now with all this being said, I have owned this car for almost 4 years myself and simply do not have the time to restore this car either. I have had the transmission rebuilt, motor has been freshened up, misc. other parts purchased, but still no time or desire to finish this project. Along with the sale of this car goes some of my other Turbo regal parts I have collected over the years. Some of these items are 2 passenger fenders, one brand new in GM packaging, one used with power antenae motor still attached. 1 brand new GM radiator core support. 1 extra Turbo hood liner, 1 burgandy turbo regal dash, and some other small pieces I have accumlated over the past years. This car needs to go to someone who will finish the job that has already been started. The car sat in a barn until 2008 when I purchased it, so the normal underside rust in showing, i.e. no undercoating. No rust through anywhere on the car. Trunk mat, and entire trunk look brand new. Interior is almost as nice, saggy headliner, visors material loose, but otherwise really, really nice. I will post a lot of pics tonight when they get through downloading, so please be patient. As far as asking price, complete car and spare parts is $10,000.00. I will accept some partial trades if it is something that interests me personally. No BOATS or Motorcycles please. If any more info is needed, please feel free to PM me on here. I will check the board daily. Thanks.
Phone number, thanks John

Here are some pics: can have more taken if needed.

IMG_5685.jpg

IMG_5686.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg

IMG_5688.jpg

IMG_5689.jpg

IMG_5690.jpg

IMG_5691.jpg

IMG_5692.jpg

IMG_5693.jpg

IMG_5694.jpg

IMG_5695.jpg

IMG_5696.jpg

IMG_5697.jpg

IMG_5698.jpg

IMG_5699.jpg

IMG_5700.jpg

IMG_5701.jpg

IMG_5702.jpg

IMG_5703.jpg

WOW! 91 codes on the trunk sticker but no posi code. Seems like a nice project.

D

Guys I can vouch for this car, its in amazing condition. It would be in my garage right now if I didnt have some unexpected expenses come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.