1986 GN for sale $9,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHearMyGNSpool

I have a really nice 86 GN with 1 year old paint that I can not hold on to. The body work is not perfect show car quality but it did turn out to be a very nice car. The transmission, motor, turbo are all in excellent condition. I pulled all interior out last winter and replaced parts, cleaned and then put down thermocoustic barrier. The interior is VERY CLEAN. The floor pans had no signs of rust. It has keyless entry to keep keys from clinking against the doors. I originally was selling this car for 12k and thought that was a very fair price but I am starting a family and more motivated to sell now. There is some rust on the underbody (frame, brake lines, fuel tank, etc). I think that is somewhat expected for the price. Lots of people interested in this car but finding people who have cash to back up their interest has been tricky... The car has 104k miles. I have the original 86 grill and all emblems. I didn't put emblems on after repaint because I preferred the look but I can put them back on in correct locations if desired.
100_2848.JPG
100_2850.JPG
100_2855.JPG

That looks like a lot of car for the $....I don't think you'll have it long. GLWS
Thanks, I'm surprised it has hung around for this long actually. I drove it around tonight and gets tons of attention but not too many people with extra money laying around for an 80's muscle car I guess. I see a lot more for sale now than when I was trying to find mine.

Guys, I recently developed a rough idle and loss of power. I haven't had time to work on the car. Weddings, barbecues, summer "fun". Well, I think it needs a fuel pump and possible fuel injectors cleaned. I have the fuel pump but no time to put it in. Don't be shy to make me an offer as is and you can put the sweat equity into it. I have gotten a lot of interest in the car but I have even been too busy to show it. Any local guys in north Chicago want to take a look at her?

Looks like a clean car...Good deal Bump. Few more pics would be nice though...underside...under the hood..Looks a lot cleaner so far compared to your usual 7-9k Gns!

Are you willing to ship the car? I'm located CA... Maybe if you could work with me on the price somewhat to make up for the price of shipping. We could possible do the transaction via eBay so we are both protected.. Let me know.

Norie1, I would rather make a local sale. I don't want to go through the shipping hassle. Gan national come check it out if you're interested you won't be disappointed seeing it

A couple photos of underneath. Surface rust only. All metal is solid.

Attachments

• under 1.JPG
    under 1.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 312
  • under 2.JPG
    under 2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 311
Status
Not open for further replies.