1986 GN, 29k original miles, nice!!

elbison

elbison1/1986GN - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is a 1986 99% stock car -- it's the nicest I've seen in a loooonnnnng time. Always garaged, very nice car - must see!!! The car has 29,225 miles right now -- this might increase a bit before sale.

I bought this car in September? 2003. I have put a total of about 1500 miles on it in a little less than 4 years. I bought this car because my friend had a few of these (GN and T-Types) over the years and I always enjoyed them.

I think I am the third "true owner" of this car. The guy I bought it from donated it to his church in 2003 to save on federal taxes. I picked it up from his house, but the title was in the church's name, so there may be 4 total titles.

I think it may have a mainstream vendor chip, and right now has no catalytic converter. It also has an alarm (working, but I cut the loud speaker off) and cd changer (not sure if it works). I have the original Goodyears in my attic --the car has yokohamas on it now. Other than these things, it's stock.

See pics for VIN and trunk option code sticker. This car has the moon roof.....to be honest I don't know what the difference is between a moon roof and a sunroof. They both operate the same to me. Anyway, I think I remember someone telling me that only 300 1986 GNs were made w/ the moon roof.

All electrical accessories work like brand new (power windows, power door locks w/ remote, power antenna, power seat, moon roof, etc). Doors, hood and trunk open and close like a brand new car -- really pretty amazing feel to them.

I have only driven it around my neighborhood the last couple of years, because Texas instituted the "hardass" emissions check in May 2004 (I haven't tried to inspect w/o cat). I've also had little time for the car (or my blown Mustang for that matter). I moved into a new, larger house, had two toddlers and have unfortunately grown into a career that eats a lot of time.

I recently changed the oil, spark plugs (looked to be original), belt (looked original - was cracked and squeaky), flushed raidator, and replaced the headliner.

I had the AC changed to R134a in 2003, but it needs some freon currently (compressor cycles, so I think it does still work fine).

I plan to get the car inspected and to recharge AC before sale.

Asking $18,500 OBO.......please give me some feedback on this. I see that KBB is crazy high on the 87s.

I want to move this thing to a good home quickly!!!

Jake Maggard

Pearland, TX 77584
832-563-5699
maggard@houston.rr.com

Very nice car Jake! I had a 87 GN moon and currently have an 86 GN moon. This one would look next to my 86. Twins! Wish i had a little more $$$ closer to your asking price.

"This car has the moon roof.....to be honest I don't know what the difference is between a moon roof and a sunroof."
The moon only works after dark, and B4 sunrise....

Cool, so I guess I am only supposed to open the sliding glass roof panel in the GN if I see the moon?

I guess in my TBSS, this similar sliding glass roof panel (sunroof) will automatically close if the sun is down? What about cloud cover?

;)

Ac Fixed

AC now recharged w/ R134a, blows cold, has good pressures.

Only thing lacking now is up-to-date TX inspection (due to lack of cat).

Have seen this car in person. I am a friend of Jake and also know the previous owner. Beautiful car. I've been around Turbo Buicks for 15 years now (owned 3 myself) and this is one of the nicest I have ever seen and had the pleasure of riding in. It's like a brand new car. The future owner won't be disappointed.

on autotrader now

bump, on autotrader now....should post in 24 hours.

asked $19,500 there due to market I see on autotrader.com.

The little acronym OBO on my original post works both ways (higher OR lower) believe it or not.....