1986 Buick Sign

HyperV6

I bought this Buick Sign from a guy I work with. I was wondering if these were in dealers or a GM training office? The sign lights up and shows movement in all 4 pictures. The top two pictures are of the "new" turbo / intercooler combination and the SFI fuel injection. Any idea what this sign is worth? I'm not going to sell it since it's going in my garage.

Thanks for any information.

Craig

Attachments

• Buick Sign 002.jpg
    Buick Sign 002.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 349
Holy sh!t that is cool. Never ever seen that before.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Very cool. Value? Who knows..... If I saw it a swap meet and in good condition I might cough up a few hundred.

I would bet that these were in the dealerships. Very cool sign ! Since nobody here has seen one you could probably ask what you wanted for it. I wouldnt think it was worth anything less than a few hundred.

Bryan

That is cool! Quite the collectors item for a Buick junkie. I would love to see a vid of it in action!

I'm in for 25$ please!! Pretty please!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Great sign I would also want an idea of price if its for sale sure is cool.

The bottom right pic says "roller lifters" Very interesting. Was buick planning a new direction?

D

Yeah the roller valvetrain was in more than one piece of literature I believe but not in the motor. :eek: :p

Way cool....if I saw that at a rummage sale it would be marked $25 and I would try and talk him down to $15. On this forum I know not to even ask.

Whoa...that is the coolest. How does it light up, can you see what kind of bulbs are inside?

Very cool, one day if i hit the lottery i will incorporate all the Buick stuff like this in an ultimate man cave

The lighted part of the sign is a translite like used on pinball machines. I was curious so I looked inside. I saw the following:

outside clear plastic
translite with the 4 pictures of the engine components
a second translite that is clear but has raised portions where the movement is projected
a second clear plastic
under the above 4 layers is a round plastic ring that rotates and behind it is a round fluorescent blub about 1 foot in diameter.

The only part that lights up is the four engine component pictures.

Craig

Sweet. If its the 32w round Fluorescent I'm thinking of they still make em. You know...for when you sell it to me ;)

That's definitely a sweet find. I've never seen that one before. I wonder if they were planning rollers for the 1988 turbo 3.8 model year that never happened.