1985 Buick Grand National - Built Intercooled Turbo V6 - AMAZING CAR - Show & GO!!!

Beautiful ride. It's a deal breaker if you want to drive it in Texas during the day. My A/C broke last summer and it was a nightmare but if you're getting it to cruise at night and as a 2nd car, no A/C isn't that bad 10-11 months out of the year here in Texas.

My point exactly. I live in Buffalo NY, & No, we don't have snow 12 months a year.:biggrin:

I'd put it away sometime in Sept/Oct & bring it out of storage in April. Avg summer day here, (& I'm talking July-Aug) is 80 to 85 max.I have A.C. on my other GN & I do use it a few time a year on the hottest days. Nites cool down nicely to around 60-65. Many spring & fall days are 70 max but cool down to a Horse Power friendly 50 degrees.That's why an A/C system isn't as important to me as it would be to someone in Florida or Texas. A heater/defroster is more important to me due to the cool nites tend to cause fog on the inside of the windshield so I would buy one of those cheap portable handheld A/C - D/C units that will clear the windshield easily & double as a heater strong enough to take the chill off when cruising with the wife..
Just have to decide if this is the car for me because to far to drive, so gotta buy a plane ticket to check it out, then pay a car hauler to drag it back to NY. Adds another 1500 to 2000.00 to the price. Unless I rent a trailer there & tow it back with my truck. Bad time of the year to be doing any long distance trailering. Hate driving through snow storms with a 5k load behind me...

Do you know who did all of the work on the car? That's more important than what it has in it to most of us.

I know "Jimmy's" built the transmission...appreantly in the GN community thats a big deal??? That alone with $2300. This is the book I have or reciepts on the car...I am not familiar enough with these cars to know whats significant and whats not. Now if it was an LS1 car that would be a different story.

DSC00976.jpg

My point exactly. I live in Buffalo NY, & No, we don't have snow 12 months a year.:biggrin:

I'd put it away sometime in Sept/Oct & bring it out of storage in April. Avg summer day here, (& I'm talking July-Aug) is 80 to 85 max.I have A.C. on my other GN & I do use it a few time a year on the hottest days. Nites cool down nicely to around 60-65. Many spring & fall days are 70 max but cool down to a Horse Power friendly 50 degrees.That's why an A/C system isn't as important to me as it would be to someone in Florida or Texas. A heater/defroster is more important to me due to the cool nites tend to cause fog on the inside of the windshield so I would buy one of those cheap portable handheld A/C - D/C units that will clear the windshield easily & double as a heater strong enough to take the chill off when cruising with the wife..
Just have to decide if this is the car for me because to far to drive, so gotta buy a plane ticket to check it out, then pay a car hauler to drag it back to NY. Adds another 1500 to 2000.00 to the price. Unless I rent a trailer there & tow it back with my truck. Bad time of the year to be doing any long distance trailering. Hate driving through snow storms with a 5k load behind me...

Actually, I made the trip to upstate NY (Saratoga Falls) to the Annual Firebird Lawn Show there this past July. Its not a bad trip at all (of course the weather was a little different then.)

I can assure you if you come look at this car you will buy it...its exactly as described and a bargain for whats gone into it.

Here is my feedback on other sites to show I am a legit and straight up seller, I am just new HERE:

LS1TECH - iTrader - 97ramsst

eBay Feedback Profile for 97ramsst

well with a book of receipts maybe the engine build is in there. ??

Yeah there is about 300 reciepts from the build in there...the engine itself was assembled by the former owner. IF your actually interested in buying the car then I will be more than happy to answer any specifics you have about it through PM.

Your looking at the air intake tube going to the turbo...the mass air flow is in the tube going from the intercooler to the throttle body. The tube UNDER the radiator hose.

DSC00926.jpg

Ok so its in the wrong location then it should be (as is all my other T's and GN's) and my buddies) It should be up on the turbo inlet pipe and not under boost as far as I know the MASS AIR cant take 30 psi for very long without failing :(
Now there are a lot of others on here posting so maybe someone else will chime in here and say its ok or not. Just never seen one done this way and like I said Not sure its a good thing.
AGAIN You have a very very nice car and if I had the cash right now id be there to get it tomorrow regardless of the MASS air location its an easy fix if need be :)

Damn!
Make me regret selling my GN....
I'll consider it when my Fox body S/C will be done and sold!
Look so clean!

Ok so its in the wrong location then it should be (as is all my other T's and GN's) and my buddies) It should be up on the turbo inlet pipe and not under boost as far as I know the MASS AIR cant take 30 psi for very long without failing :(
Now there are a lot of others on here posting so maybe someone else will chime in here and say its ok or not. Just never seen one done this way and like I said Not sure its a good thing.
AGAIN You have a very very nice car and if I had the cash right now id be there to get it tomorrow regardless of the MASS air location its an easy fix if need be :)

The MASS is not in the wrong location...its just not where yours was stock. LS1 MAF live fine under boost.

[Quote
Ok, so my only question left is how do you make it work with the MAF system, do you just slap the MAF sensor on the inlet of the turbo and call it a day or will blowoff cause an inaccurate reading? How do these systems intermingle and work since it isn't turbo'ed stock and we plan to use the stock ECM.

The MAF meter measures air mass flow based on the air removing heat from a heated sensor element. It will work in a blow-through configuration as well as a draw-through. It doesn't care if the air is pressurized or not because it does not measaure volume, it measures mass.

Some MAF meters don't work well with hot air, so it has been the norm to mount the MAF meter before the turbo, as a draw-through setup, but it may be easier to do blow-through.

The breif amount of blow-back won't make much difference. My original engine management system on that 86 T-Type was draw-through MAF and it never had any issues with blow back. That MAF meter would screw up whenever the wether got really hot, so I converted it to speed-density anyway, though.

A metered-air system doesn't know boost. It only sees airflow and engine speed. It has a constant in the ECM that it uses to compare airflow and engine speed, and determine "engine load," called LV8.

This is a add in the FOR SALE section...not the tech side. Please keep posts and questions in this thread about the car I need to sell.

Any past or present rust or body repair?
Floor are clen too?

No, none...at least none that were more than a door ding before it was painted (no signs of bondo or anything like that if thats what your asking.) There is absolutly no rust anywhere...not even any surface rust under the car.

If it doesnt sell this weekend (I have a lot of intrest) I will put it on my lift and get some under carriage pics. But its as clean under there as it is up top.

I delivered the car yesterday to FastB.

Rick it was great dealing with you and meeting your dad....I hope you enjoy the car!!!

Robbie

I delivered the car yesterday to FastB.

Rick it was great dealing with you and meeting your dad....I hope you enjoy the car!!!

Robbie

THANKS! It's an amazing car just like you described. It was great dealing with you also!!

Btw, I haven't been able to get my dad from behind the wheel..LOL!

Rick