1985 Buick Grand National - Built Intercooled Turbo V6 - AMAZING CAR - Show & GO!!!

97ramsst

1985 Buick Grand National
DSC00882-1.jpg

1 of only 2,102 Produced

I am selling my 85 Grand National (yes, it is a real GN!) I traded for the car a couple months ago and would love to keep it but I have too many "keepers." This car is amazing...its built for show and lots of GO! It will break the rear tires loose at 60mph! This car is a fully documented car with just 3 owners...its never been wrecked and has only had one repaint. The car is a 9.5 out of 10 all the way around! Its mechanicaly perfect and needs nothing. You could drive it cross country and back. It has 96,000 original miles with just 4,000 since the build. Over $30,000 went into the build of this car (I have a 5 inch book of reciepts to prove it!) No expense was spared. You would not be dissapointed with this car in anyway!!!!

Engine:
Ported stock heads
New valves and Springs
RJC Headgaskets
Head Studs
PT 70 turbo with a P-Trim Wheel
Ford power Stroke intercooler
LS1 Mass Air Flow Sensor
RJC Power Plate
4" Big Mouth Cold Air Intake
Razor's Alky Injection
Keith mease 3" down pipe
3" ATR single shot exhaust with cut out
TA performance headers
Power logger data logger
lc-1 Wide Band Sensor with Gauge
Turbo Tweak Chip
65lb/hr Injectors

Transmission:
Freshly rebuilt by Jimmys (His best rebuild! )
Vigilante 9" lock up 3000 to 3400 rpm

Rear end:
Eaton Posi
Moser axles
New bearings and gears - stock 3.23 ratio
TA Performance Rear Cover

Chassis/suspension/Body:
6 point roll cage
Metco rear suspension
Bilstein Shocks
Rear Air Bags
Body braces
5 under hood braces
Rear seat braces
Corvette Z06 Front brakes w/ Line lock
SIMMONS 17in wheels
BFG tires with only 400 mile on them
PST suspension bushings in the front end
Front lowering springs
Corbeau seats
Corbeau 5 point harnesses
Fiberglass front and rear bumpers
Driveshaft loop

ASKING $14,500 OBO - CASH!!!
Trades are also considered...trade value is higher than cash price though!!!

The car is located in Huntsville, AL. I maybe able to deliver the car or help with delivery if needed.

(229) 894-0165

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00952-1.jpg

DSC00948.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00890-1.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

Gn

Really nice job switching everything over from 1985 engine/turbo, intercooler setup. Runs good, no drivability problems?
Ever been to the track? 1/4 mile Times?

No driveabilty issues at all...it runs and drives great...until you floor it and then the back tires tend to smoke and make loud squealing noises! lol But in all seriousness the car is built right and has no issues at all.

The guy I got it from carried it to the track a couple years ago and it ran an 11.41 with a smaller turbo and before the head work. I would think with a sticky tire as it sits 10.90s would be doable. But its more of a cruiser, cruise-in, car show car for me. It just has the ass to back up the looks.

Also with the car I have a ton of stock parts, a wolfe car cover, and about 20 gal of alky I will include.

ANd honestly I have the car priced to sell...I have seen much lesser cars around for $18K-$22K but I want to move this one quick. If anyones in the market for one this is a deal IMO.

I didnt take it out...the former owner did. I would have left it but thats me. It makes perfect "since" if you dont want it though...its heavy and ugly. The car was built to be fast and look good.

I didnt take it out...the former owner did. I would have left it but thats me. It makes perfect "since" if you dont want it though...its heavy and ugly. The car was built to be fast and look good.

Even though this is a summer cruiser, I am more concerned with lack of a heater, more importantly, a defroster to clear the fog/mist that builds on the inside of the windshield on those cool nites when the car is sitting for a while. But they make the little handheld defroster/heaters you can buy cheap @ a place like Harbor Freight that would do the trick for the 1 or 2 times it needs clearing. A/C? Yeah that would be nice but again, for the most part, I cruise a/c off, windows open. Just my 2 "since":biggrin:

Even though this is a summer cruiser, I am more concerned with lack of a heater, more importantly, a defroster to clear the fog/mist that builds on the inside of the windshield on those cool nites when the car is sitting for a while. But they make the little handheld defroster/heaters you can buy cheap @ a place like Harbor Freight that would do the trick for the 1 or 2 times it needs clearing. A/C? Yeah that would be nice but again, for the most part, I cruise a/c off, windows open. Just my 2 "since":biggrin:

Exactly..and it is what it is. If you have to have AC then this isnt the car for you. Simple as that. When I bought it the lack of AC didnt bother me a bit...for others its a deal killer. It is what it is....and its a hell of a nice car at a VERY good price, AC or not.

BTW I just responded to your PM...let me know if you have anymore questions.

Really Nice car wish I had the cash but Im still around $10,000 and saving back up.
One question where is the Mass Air Meter and translator at? ???:confused:

Really Nice car wish I had the cash but Im still around $10,000 and saving back up.
One question where is the Mass Air Meter and translator at? ???:confused:

On the air intake tube between the throttle body and the intercooler (just under the upper rad hose.) The tranlator is just a box that plugs in between it and the computer.

On the air intake tube between the throttle body and the intercooler (just under the upper rad hose.) The tranlator is just a box that plugs in between it and the computer.

Not trying to be a jerk I know GNs I have had 3 and 1 ttype I very very much regret selling :( I just dont see the Mass Air in the orange boots and no wires sticking out any place. (I really looked at the Photos also) Never seen one hidden like that is all I guess.
Again very very nice car and if I can come up with some more cash or your interested in a trade for a Really Nice clean lifted 89 Blazer Ill be back in touch ;)

Not trying to be a jerk I know GNs I have had 3 and 1 ttype I very very much regret selling :( I just dont see the Mass Air in the orange boots and no wires sticking out any place. (I really looked at the Photos also) Never seen one hidden like that is all I guess.
Again very very nice car and if I can come up with some more cash or your interested in a trade for a Really Nice clean lifted 89 Blazer Ill be back in touch ;)

Your looking at the air intake tube going to the turbo...the mass air flow is in the tube going from the intercooler to the throttle body. The tube UNDER the radiator hose.

DSC00926.jpg

Exactly..and it is what it is. If you have to have AC then this isnt the car for you. Simple as that. When I bought it the lack of AC didnt bother me a bit...for others its a deal killer. It is what it is....and its a hell of a nice car at a VERY good price, AC or not.

BTW I just responded to your PM...let me know if you have anymore questions.

Beautiful ride. It's a deal breaker if you want to drive it in Texas during the day. My A/C broke last summer and it was a nightmare but if you're getting it to cruise at night and as a 2nd car, no A/C isn't that bad 10-11 months out of the year here in Texas.

Exactly, you would think it was actually fast. There all full weight cars running in the low 10's. Still... Looks killer! Looks like it would run 9's! Why with $30K sunk in it. Still needs A/C and heat though to be a confy cruiser. Can I save one of the pics for my screen saver?

Exactly, you would think it was actually fast. There all full weight cars running in the low 10's. Still... Looks killer! Looks like it would run 9's! Why with $30K sunk in it. Still needs A/C and heat though to be a confy cruiser. Can I save one of the pics for my screen saver?

THIS CAR IS NOT A RACE CAR. I dont know, with slicks and am more agressive tune it may run high 9s or low 10s...but as its set up its a high 10sec car you can drive anywhere on pump gas. I can tell you its built as well as any other car out there, so if thats what it should run then it probably will. But I dont drag race the car, and have no intrest in doing so. I can tell you I have a LS6 Vette on spray and this car is way stronger feeling than it is.

Feel free to save the pics...

Do you know who did all of the work on the car? That's more important than what it has in it to most of us.