1985 3.8/4.1 block

gnpoweredrail

Is there any interest in an 85 block with casting number 25524140???
Are these worth anything or does anyone run one?

I ran one. No problems. Now I'm not saying its xTSM material but won't break in your typical bolt on car unless you screw up big time somehow.

I have been beating on the same one for about 9 years now. Been 20 psi for about a year now, getting beaten on daily. Its a 12.xx car in daily trim, so good enough for most folks. I wouldn't shy away from using it again.

Im running this same casting and have beating on it for a few years now, its been over 30psi and had several 100 shots of N20 sprayed on top of that. Mine has been 12.1 and 110 mph, they are not as pretty as 109's.

25524140 HAS different deck height than the 109... What are you guys using for Rods/Pistons/Head Gaskets? With the 140 block

25524140 HAS different deck height than the 109... What are you guys using for Rods/Pistons/Head Gaskets? With the 140 block

Stock 2 dot rods, regular felpro 1007 loc wire HG's, and I am not sure about the pistons other than they are TRW forged and have been in this motor about 3 different times, with different rings and a ball hone job. :) I will see if I can find any pics with part numbers or anything.

Stock 2 dot rods, regular felpro 1007 loc wire HG's, and I am not sure about the pistons other than they are TRW forged and have been in this motor about 3 different times, with different rings and a ball hone job. :) I will see if I can find any pics with part numbers or anything.

I don't have my heads o-ringed. From what I've been reading I need a steel head gasket and cannot run a composite like a 9441 Fel Pro. Which is okay. I don't plan on racing this engine.

Would love to have it sitting in the garage as a spare, but shipping would probably kill the deal... Maybe find someone local-ish who is interested?