1984 Buick T-Type WH1 Series w/ Astro roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonniesrenegade

hello i am new on here so if i forget to put something on here please tell me and I will update as soon as possible.

I have a 1984 Buick T-Type WH1 series with an Astro roof, it has about 137,000 miles on it. It is a black/gray exterior and red interior. it has all 98 codes on the code sheet. The body is compeletly straight but the pin stripping is peeling off and the paint is a little faded. It has a little rust at the bottom of the door. The interior is in good condition with a little wear on the passenger side floor. There are no leaks on the motor, no knocks, pings , putts or any of that stuff. the seal around the astro roof looks a little dry rotted but it works find. In the picture it looks like it is white but that is from the flash. I have it in my garage and was waiting for a sunny day to take pictures of it outside but lately we have not had any of that. The front fillers are gone and the back filler is cracked.

It still has the padding stuff with buick written on it under the hood, has all original interior even the radio. Also has the original rims, which i think are ugly and this car would look so much better with some rallies.

My understanding from reading what you guys put on here there were 1,163 produced and only 500 with t-tops. The astro roof had to be ordered and there is only a hand full of them around.

My husband told me that one of my projects had to go. So i decided to keep the 68 Camaro and get rid of this. Don't get me wrong i like this car because it was so rare. But I have always loed 68 Camaro's more.

If you want to come see it please call me at 336-451-5422. I have several pictures I will post, if there is a certain angle or area you want me to post please ask and I will do it.

I am asking $4500.00 for the car or will trade for 68 Camaro parts.
Thanks Nonnie

Requested Photos

I had to jack the car up to get the good pics of this.
This is the rearend and a picture of the limited slip tag for positive traction.

more pics and correction on last pic

the last pictures were the underside of the passenger side and the gas tank area. This one is looking across the underside from the passenger side and then the passenger side. This is the only place that has a llittle wear to it.

yes still for sale

I had several PM's asking if still for sale. Yes I still have it. The original guy has not sent deposit.

outside pictures

My husband took the car out of the shop and washed it. Several people said it looked really faded. Here are some better pics.

little pricey...

nonnie,

Please dont take any offense to this but being around these cars for a while and having a hot air car myself, you asking price is a little high. I know that it is a rare model, but hot air cars dont pull a lot of cash. Case in point, I bought my 85 GN which was slightly worked over for around 4K. I cant speak for everyone but in my eyes, with that many miles on it and it being a hot air car, a fair price would be anywhere between $2500 to $3500. May get some bites then.

Just my .02 cents.

Chris

Esasky's85GN is on the right track. And if your going to paint over rusty parts take the paint can out of the picture and do not use gloss black paint. try flat black LOL.. Just makes guys like me wonder if anything else is covered up.I see those rear brake lines are about done. Good luck with sale. And i love the red interior:cool:

Oh no offense taken at all. Well maybe you guys are right. I don’t know much about these cars. I never really cared much for them. But I do know that I can buy a Grand National just about any day and anywhere. I never seen one of these in person until this one came along that is why I bought it. I didn’t use gloss black I painted it cause it was dirty and the paint was still wet. It is a daily driver. I don’t think most cars you drive everyday stay clean under there all the time. If you think they do just walk outside and look at the bottom of your vehicle that you are driving right now. You might be surprised that there is dirt under there.
As far as the brake lines I will make sure to get the mechanic to check it over again. I took it to him when I bought it and he said it was a good car and mechanically sound. The only issues he found where the window motor and it was fixed and told me that all the fluids were fine, brakes fine, belts fine, said I should get some regular tires cause them are called low profile tires and that it would handle better. Told me the floor pans are very solid. He also said the suspension was excellent as well. I have had several people on here PM me or call me and tell me that they have all these GN and Buicks and really like the astro roof and the condition of the vehicle for the price. So just like everything else in life everyone has an opinion and I thank you for both of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.