1983 Riviera pace car parts

Turbo Riviera

Looking for the hot air twin turbo engine parts, that paced the Indy 500 in the Riviera.

So if you have, or know of someone who has any parts related to this car, PM me or reply to this thread.

Thanks!

To my knowledge only 2 of these were built by the Buick engineering team for the indy race. You would have better luck playing pickup sticks with your butt cheeks than finding anything that came off of either of those cars:biggrin: .

To my knowledge only 2 of these were built by the Buick engineering team for the indy race. You would have better luck playing pickup sticks with your butt cheeks than finding anything that came off of either of those cars:biggrin: .

:rolleyes:
Thanks for the help...

There has been rumors of spare engines and components floating around.

Well there was more than 2 Pace Cars running around with that motor. Heres a thread from the other place that I posted. The Twin Turbo Myth - TurboBuicks.com
I dont think you can enlarge those papers to read them anymore. I'll try and post some new ones here tonight. That car in the SS&DI story was identical to the Indy pacers. At least there are some better pics of the engine. Now if I only had more info on the TT Buick I could debunk that crap that Gale Banks has said on how he did all of the hard stuff for Buick back than. :mad:

Edit: Your browser should have the actual size feature on it so I wont post any pages unless requisted.

HotRod's Project 1982 Regal

Well there was more than 2 Pace Cars running around with that motor. Heres a thread from the other place that I posted. The Twin Turbo Myth - TurboBuicks.com
I dont think you can enlarge those papers to read them anymore. I'll try and post some new ones here tonight. That car in the SS&DI story was identical to the Indy pacers. At least there are some better pics of the engine. Now if I only had more info on the TT Buick I could debunk that crap that Gale Banks has said on how he did all of the hard stuff for Buick back than. :mad:

Edit: Your browser should have the actual size feature on it so I wont post any pages unless requisted.

Get this months Muscle Car Review July 07 there's plenty of picks of Bank's working on aTTRegal also standing in front of 1 of 4 TT carburated V6's that Buick had him make up 4 the Show Circuit. In 83 the TTRivy came out and the engine looked just like the 4 he was asked to build as well as the one in the owner of the TT Regal project the exec editer of Hot Rod Mag. It's worth reading and the pick of TT's are there it's an article from HotRod mag 1982. Don't want to argue if he built them let the pics speak for themselves, nice looking engince with alot of chrome. The one in the project car dynoed at 439hp, then they did some tweaking and got 500 ponies out of those TTs That Regal project car was at the Buick proving grounds in Mesa Az

Get this months Muscle Car Review July 07 there's plenty of picks of Bank's working on aTTRegal also standing in front of 1 of 4 TT carburated V6's that Buick had him make up 4 the Show Circuit. In 83 the TTRivy came out and the engine looked just like the 4 he was asked to build as well as the one in the owner of the TT Regal project the exec editer of Hot Rod Mag. It's worth reading and the pick of TT's are there it's an article from HotRod mag 1982. Don't want to argue if he built them let the pics speak for themselves, nice looking engince with alot of chrome. The one in the project car dynoed at 439hp, then they did some tweaking and got 500 ponies out of those TTs That Regal project car was at the Buick proving grounds in Mesa Az

I've got the stupid issue,as if you didn't post enough copy and pastes of it yet. One TT Buick motor and Banks thinks he invented the turbo charger. Its all BS unless somebody from Buick can back up the claim. Gale Banks is a blowhard. All he did is use some of his off the shelf universal, one size fits all boat motor crap on that motor. Like I said in another thread on another board, 500HP and it only does 13's? Come on give me a break! C.J.Baker did a series of build ups on a carb-turbo so I'd like to think he knew what he was doing, plus he was a NHRA/IHRA stock eliminator champion. He knew how to drive that car and it only did 13's? Something doesn't jive. Its been over 30 years since that first turbocharged Buick hit Indy and all of a sudden Gale Banks comes out of the woodwork to claim he helped. BS!BS! Plain and simple BS! If he was such a genius why didn't he specialize in turbo Buicks too? Just like Ken Dutweiler. Its kind of funny how he mysteriously(Banks that is) faded out of the scene when SFI came along. I guess he just wasn't the boy wonder when it came to electronic engine controls. The only simuliarities I see are the two turbos. The 83 TT Pace Car is 100% Buick.:mad: Sorry for the thread hi-jack Scott(?)

Dont lecture me on Buick history. I've been around these cars long enough to remember a lot of events firsthand. While you were probally still packing mud in your Pampers I was opening up my mailbox and reading that issue of HOTROD.:cool:

I've got the stupid issue,as if you didn't post enough copy and pastes of it yet. One TT Buick motor and Banks thinks he invented the turbo charger. Its all BS unless somebody from Buick can back up the claim. Gale Banks is a blowhard. All he did is use some of his off the shelf universal, one size fits all boat motor crap on that motor. Like I said in another thread on another board, 500HP and it only does 13's? Come on give me a break! C.J.Baker did a series of build ups on a carb-turbo so I'd like to think he knew what he was doing, plus he was a NHRA/IHRA stock eliminator champion. He knew how to drive that car and it only did 13's? Something doesn't jive. Its been over 30 years since that first turbocharged Buick hit Indy and all of a sudden Gale Banks comes out of the woodwork to claim he helped. BS!BS! Plain and simple BS! If he was such a genius why didn't he specialize in turbo Buicks too? Just like Ken Dutweiler. Its kind of funny how he mysteriously(Banks that is) faded out of the scene when SFI came along. I guess he just wasn't the boy wonder when it came to electronic engine controls. The only simuliarities I see are the two turbos. The 83 TT Pace Car is 100% Buick.:mad: Sorry for the thread hi-jack Scott(?)

Dont lecture me on Buick history. I've been around these cars long enough to remember a lot of events firsthand. While you were probally still packing mud in your Pampers I was opening up my mailbox and reading that issue of HOTROD.:cool:

Turbofish I haven't cut and paste a thing . If I would have I would have cut and paste the all the pics of Banks working on CJ Baker's TT Regal . Banks didn't come out of the woodowrks he worked with Baker on the project. Baker since he was exec editor had control of the content of the article in that issue of Hot Rod , so Baker and Hot Rod made it all up? They Faked all the pics . I've seen plenty of race cars break loose on slicks and have to get off the throttle and feather it down the 1/4. Why couldn't a car on cheap street tires not DR's not be able to break loose and spin and run a low13's. It was still a couple 10ths faster the the almighty GNX.

Man the guy mostly messed with Bonneville and did have a V6 the World's Fastest Syclone on the Flats(210mph), he was a TTV8 guy and has never said he invented the turbo that's just a figment of your imagination. So him being called to Gm to fix the problem in the 76 Pace Car was a lie too? not everybody has to build or be in Love with the Buick v6's like Dutweiller as if that's all Kenny works on,infact he had a 60k+ TT LS1 there for sale when my bud got his Buick V6 rebuilt there. Alot of the tradionalists are moving away to Turbo'd V8's. So because he didn't stay with the v6 but has for the majority of his life messed with TTV8's he no how could have anything to do with Baker's project car or the 4 motors GM asked him to build according to Hot Rod .

Man in 82 was throwing chain working derricks on the largest triple in the USA at the time, in west Texas gasfields 4mile club deephole Natural gas a job you wouldn't know anything about, a job you couldn't handle son. Listening to your whinning I know you couldn't get it done, nothing but a mouth. Before you start throwing packed crap around it sounds like your the one who is anal retentive .

Guy asked a simple question and thought since he was interested in carbed turbo Buicks he might appreciate the article which apparently was a lie in 82 and 2007 didn't know Hot Rod and HRR were more respectable then that! take care most omniscient omipotent GM has been.

Hey... Who's car is that in post 2 of the thread third from the left? :D

I wouldn't mind taking a look at the pics... Although, I can't say I'm interested in a carbureted motor. I'm looking for the SFI twin turbo pace car motor.

Turbofish I haven't cut and paste a thing . If I would have I would have cut and paste the all the pics of Banks working on CJ Baker's TT Regal . Banks didn't come out of the woodowrks he worked with Baker on the project. Baker since he was exec editor had control of the content of the article in that issue of Hot Rod , so Baker and Hot Rod made it all up? They Faked all the pics . I've seen plenty of race cars break loose on slicks and have to get off the throttle and feather it down the 1/4. Why couldn't a car on cheap street tires not DR's not be able to break loose and spin and run a low13's. It was still a couple 10ths faster the the almighty GNX.

Man the guy mostly messed with Bonneville and did have a V6 the World's Fastest Syclone on the Flats(210mph), he was a TTV8 guy and has never said he invented the turbo that's just a figment of your imagination. So him being called to Gm to fix the problem in the 76 Pace Car was a lie too? not everybody has to build or be in Love with the Buick v6's like Dutweiller as if that's all Kenny works on,infact he had a 60k+ TT LS1 there for sale when my bud got his Buick V6 rebuilt there. Alot of the tradionalists are moving away to Turbo'd V8's. So because he didn't stay with the v6 but has for the majority of his life messed with TTV8's he no how could have anything to do with Baker's project car or the 4 motors GM asked him to build according to Hot Rod .

Man in 82 was throwing chain working derricks on the largest triple in the USA at the time, in west Texas gasfields 4mile club deephole Natural gas a job you wouldn't know anything about, a job you couldn't handle son. Listening to your whinning I know you couldn't get it done, nothing but a mouth. Before you start throwing packed crap around it sounds like your the one who is anal retentive .

Guy asked a simple question and thought since he was interested in carbed turbo Buicks he might appreciate the article which apparently was a lie in 82 and 2007 didn't know Hot Rod and HRR were more respectable then that! take care most omniscient omipotent GM has been.

Back on topic...

I'm looking to re-create the pace car motor in my Riv... That's why I'm looking for all sources of info good or bad.