1982 Regal w/ (70 V8 455)

BuickRegal

Hello

I was just outside and noticed a massive leak of anti-freeze from the passenger side of the side. When i looked closer, i noticed it was dripping from underneath of the A/C crap, right before the firewall. Any ideas of what anti-freeze runs through in this location? I had plans of removing the A/C equipment from this since its a 90% drag car.

Looking for any suggestions.

Thanks, Jason

Unfortunetly yes, I had to take off almost my whole dashboard to get to it i have an 84 regal, but maybe different because you have a 455, dont see how but maybe

:confused:

heater core averages an hour to change

take strip off bottom of windshield where wipers are then the 2 brackets under it then remove the screws holding the top of the box on ...lift it off change heater core then put it back together being sure you seal it good to the firewall or it'll leak when it rains

Would i be able to get rid of it? This car is just going to be used for the strip and maybe one or two times a month on the street, so its not really needed for Heat.

http://www.buickgn.com/ACdeleteplate2.jpg

That i found, so how is the two hosed routed plugged so the antifreeze doesnt go through that direction.

Thanks for the advice.

Jason

bypass heater core

just remove the heater core and ac box all together this will lighten your load and give you the much need space on the passenger side to change plugs etc...just make a delete plate using some tin from your local hardware or home improvement store using cardboard as a template to fit...then all you have to do is shorten the heater hose and run it from the water pump to the intake...

if you need pics let me know...

josh

you could bypass it but it is a really easy change.
hour sounds about right. and it will leak if not sealed.
andy