1981 Monte Carlo Turbo

Turbo81

Hey all i'm new to this site been told its a good place to find info aswell as parts for v6 Turbo's. I've got a 1981 Monte Carlo Turbo found this car back in March in a Barn. Car had been owned by the same family since new with 87900 km's when i purchased the car. I've now had it on the road for almost 2 months and have put a little over 1000km's on the car as i've been working out the bugs in its to make it work alot better. I've been looking for air intake tube for this car as mine is in bad shape also looking for some chrome trim pieces and a few other misc. parts. If anyone has any parts for this car let me know i'm very interested and have only found 1 other person that has one of these Monte's. I know there was 3027 of these built in 1981 and mine is fully optioned with T-Tops.

Hey all i'm new to this site been told its a good place to find info aswell as parts for v6 Turbo's. I've got a 1981 Monte Carlo Turbo found this car back in March in a Barn. Car had been owned by the same family since new with 87900 km's when i purchased the car. I've now had it on the road for almost 2 months and have put a little over 1000km's on the car as i've been working out the bugs in its to make it work alot better. I've been looking for air intake tube for this car as mine is in bad shape also looking for some chrome trim pieces and a few other misc. parts. If anyone has any parts for this car let me know i'm very interested and have only found 1 other person that has one of these Monte's. I know there was 3027 of these built in 1981 and mine is fully optioned with T-Tops.

i'm for sure a intake tube wont be hard to find. everyone always get rid of them to make a cold air kit. are you not in the US? no one here uses km's.

Got any pics to post up? Welcome, and congrats on the purchase!

Like James said, welcome aboard! Please post some pics of the car.:cool: Since you sound like a knuk a little more info may be needed but we're glad to help if we can.:smile:

So far its been hard to find any parts for this car. I'm glad it didn't need alot to get on the road. I need the red air intake tube, aswell as the part on top of the carb. I need the chrome driver rear wheel well trim. both sides of the front bumper chrome trim. Trunk lid lift supports and the glove box door and latch.

Attachments

• pics 076.jpg
    pics 076.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 417
  • pics 074.jpg
    pics 074.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 348
  • pics 070.jpg
    pics 070.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 367
  • pics 080.jpg
    pics 080.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 354
Very nice shape and suprisingly clean. If you check above then you should find someone that has the parts and offered them to you.

nice looking car. i need one of those bumps on the hood (Scoop) so i can run my nitrous plate with the 301. PM mike. he said he was selling some stuff. he is a good trust worthy member.

Nice to see you made it over.

I have an intake tube but Im sora a parts hoarder so I want to keep it. Hahaha....

Nice car.

The 1981 Turbo V6 for the US would have been computer controlled, but for export to Canada, I believe it has a set up without a computer like a 1980 US engine.

The red elbow on the carb is slightly different for the computer controlled Q-jets (has a notch for the MC solenoid). There are different styles of the accordion hose, but I believe any will all fit if from a Regal or Century (maybe even LeSabre). Red with the 90° front end might be a 1981 part only.

Good looking for for being far up north, Keep that Buick powered old Iron rolling.

I so have enjoyed this car over my first 3 months of having it on the road. I've worked out a few kinks that i've found so far and know that the motor will be pulled out as of the end of October to clean up and redo gaskets. Also plan on cleaning up the engine bay and painting to original standards aswell as the motor. If anyone has any info on where to get the correct paint that would be greatly appreicated.

Should be GM blue I believe. It's pretty much a standard color in most parts stores. You should also check Eastwood.

I'm not sure when blue ended. They were silver in 1982 and then went black in 1983 ("coporate" engine color). Can you tell which color it is now?

The valve covers are the blue the block is hard to tell i'll know more when i remove the motor and get it cleaned off.

Often the valve covers don't match the block. I had a silver motor with one black cover and have seen the opposite.