1979 turboelky GN swap, no eng. no trans. ROLLER

TURBOELKY

Putting this out as a feeler, we'll see how it goes.
Originally 1979 El Camino. Has 87 header panel, GMGoodmark cowl hood. All trim original GM refinished.
Paint and trim etc. cost me 5,300 9 years ago. Car has been garaged ever since. Has one small crack in paint over rear wheel well, and 1 small 1" scratch just on the inside of the front fender/hood seal area (did it sanding down inner fender to refinish under hood paint) oops:redface:
Overall condition is good.
18" Iroc wheels with decent tire tread left.
Suspension:
Eibach springs, Hotchkis sway bars, Edelbrock IAS gas shocks, just rebuilt brand new MOOG everything on front end bushings, and steering.
GN Posi rear end w/rear end girdle.

Interrior is all GN stuff. Electric dash from a Limited T, REAL leather buckets, suede head liner, carpet is still decent, no tears or major stains, door panels are leather also. Dash is MINT, no cracks etc. All engine harness is also there. A/C box is from the same Limited T and has proper heat shield and sticker.

There is more to the car than just this posting, I'm just getting it out there. Truth is, I lost interest in this car after all the blood sweat and tears, and just need to move on. I've owned it 11 years now, and have thrown all kinds of money at it.
Without engine and trans, I still have over 20k invested in this car, and have quite a few documents on it somewhere.
Pricing it at 7k OBO because I know the price will get beat down:biggrin:
This car has been sitting 2 years now, so I'd rather sell it than let it rott.
More pics available.
Located in Los Angeles Ca.
elky.jpg

lowerandparts018.jpg

lowerandparts019.jpg

lowerandparts020.jpg

OOps, didn't realize there was a "non" buick cars for sale area, been a while.:)
Grumpy, I knew you would be the first one to post:biggrin:
PM replied my friend.

Forgot to mention:
new F-body radiator in car
Proper fuel injected El Camino gas tank w/electronic sending unit, Walbro 340 pump, hot wire kit, -6 braided line w/AN fittings to rail, inline earls 100 micron billet filter.
Will include what ever else I have hanging around for the car.
3" SS external down pipe still here with car, and has a 3" single shot (not mandrel bent) w/ hooker muffler 3" in/out.
MSD wires I think I have, accell spark plug wires.
Drivers side seat is Electrical, and works completely.
I believe both sun visors have vanity mirrors.
Silicone vacuum hoses ran into cab for in cab boost control (not installed, nor available).
Also will throw in the original headers modified with an HKS external gate installed, a little rusty, but they work.
Still have a few brackets hanging around for the engine also, but are currently for sale in the for sale section.

Car also has a Viper remote start alarm w/2 way pager.
Steadfast permanent security collar on column.
Professionally tinted windows all around.
New front windshield w/antenna built in, no antenna on fender.
Also forgot to mention it has UMI lower tubular control arms installed.
Front of frame was taken down to metal and refinished with por-15 while all the suspension/steering was rebuilt. Will need an alignment since I have not driven it since I rebuilt the front end.
Relays on passenger side were relocated into the cab of the car.
There is a hot air long block in there I temporary had for about 1/32 of a mile to park it:D still has 8445 heads(stock) and oil pan on it. That will go with, or can be removed to help with shipping if shipped.
Also has alpine CD player installed in there. There was an audio system, but I removed it. I can install just the 3.5" dash speakers if the buyer chooses. The speakers are already there.
I will remove all the loose wires from the audio, and wash, clay, and wax the car, button up interior before someone was to look at it, so you can see the potential, no problem.
I'm sure there's tons more, I'll post as it comes to me...

All the trim on the car has been professionally re-done. Was NOT cheap. Only trim not done were the front and rear bumpers, and rear window trim. I have rear window trim I can include, but will need to be re finished. I was debating on glass bumpers, never got it done. Also, ALL weather stripping is new. Quarter window seals are original GM, which shot up to 400 when they discontinued them, but came back down with an aftermarket make.

Best offer on this will take it. Really motivated to sell. Its been sitting here way too long...

TTT, this car has a ton of work in it, best offer will take it!
Dont be scared to offer. Thanks:)

Also, will no longer include down pipe, stock headers or brackets mentioned. They sold locally.

This is a nicely built Elky for anyone who's interested.
I loved seeing this thing at the local cruises when I first got my GN. Sad to see Jeremy letting it go.

This is a nicely built Elky for anyone who's interested.
I loved seeing this thing at the local cruises when I first got my GN. Sad to see Jeremy letting it go.

Thanks Chicken, yeah, I miss rolling around in it too! Anyways, here's a TTT with something special...

$6,500 obo also would take trades of equal value or +/- cash let me know what you have!

Sorry to see you're in a position where you have to sell such and nice, and unique car. I vote you change your mind and fly in here and help me with my conversion, instead. :biggrin: Anyway, I have been planning on painting my hybrid all black, but I really like the way your EC is two toned. That the hood is blue, instead of silver, which I think would be the normal way one would two tone, I like. I'd rather have the dark color hood contrasted at the roof in the other color. That's different, at least to me. I'm thinking seriously of doing the same color arrangement, but only black with silver. Not only does it look great, but it makes it easier to repaint panels if there's a problem, without having to make a paint blend. All the panels are separate. Question: those IROCs are 18s, aren't they?

Thanks for the words man. Send the plane ticket, I'll be there;)
I'm not in the position where I really NEED to sell, I'm just over the Buick thing, and there is too much to change to go back to a SBC and too much work involved too. Save yourself some $, sell yours and buy mine:D
Your going to like the hybrid El Camino when your finished. Its like controlled chaos going sideways everywhere:eek: Good luck with your build man>>

6K OBO!!!

ttt OBO!! You could part this car out for 7k easy alone!:confused:
I just dont have the heart to do it:frown:

Haha, lol. Looking good brother. Glad she'll be running again in no time, better than I ever would have done it. Good luck with the car. Get ready for all the questions:wink:

See you later bro.:cool: