1979 Buick Regal Sport Coupe Turbo!

I'll say it's a Spectre built unit with a 4 inch inlet. And it comes with the black cloth bag that it's sitting on!

Correct got it at a steal of a deal too. Here's those pics everyone is waiting on got some time to take some today. Please take in mind car's been sitting since 06 since the timing cover messed up and then i started to tear it down for the rebuild process. Decide to go with a Th400 and a transbrake but what stall should and would be the best for the 61mm turbo?

l_e42978c177274e53a560b70334d5c0ad.jpg

l_9a0cbab39b044c21b3122e210f8d8e1b.jpg

l_adee1734f46c427d8edeb7b74c8f12f8.jpg

l_7f46f7b9307b4ef396b77cec9b6bfd53.jpg

l_c21be1df11d5482fbcdaa6943aa4e514.jpg

l_d37327c131d0476c8b24a191f6a7e0cd.jpg

l_704778f4ce5241fdaeb9f4c092a1a59b.jpg

Sweet , nice pics that machine looks great to be sitting since '06!
You have some balls housing a holley electric fuel pump up under the hood. How good or bad did that perform for you?
Is that the 650 Holley on the intake in the pics that you want modded?

Sweet , nice pics that machine looks great to be sitting since '06!
You have some balls housing a holley electric fuel pump up under the hood. How good or bad did that perform for you?
Is that the 650 Holley on the intake in the pics that you want modded?

LOL yeah i heard that from some people too about the fuel pump and regulator. Oh adam will i have to change the regulator when i go to blowthru? To one up to 100psi or just one that does for boost 1:1? Yep since my 800cfm double pumper will be to big. The holley blue fuel pump did great ever missed a beat when it was in short use just the timing cover messed up bad so that was why it went out of service.

...have to upgrade that650cfm to a 4150 style or borrow the things off of the 800cfm dbl pump. Perhaps not what regulator do you have to use now? Lol just looks like it would take a week to get the fuel pump primed.

...have to upgrade that650cfm to a 4150 style or borrow the things off of the 800cfm dbl pump. Perhaps not what regulator do you have to use now? Lol just looks like it would take a week to get the fuel pump primed.

hmmmm why a week? no gas in the car i drained it all out after i let it sit and removed all the oil's from engine and trans. So should i just look for a 650crm double pumper?

I'm at work again for sometime gots a new baby girl at home to so like i said i don't have pic's of the motor or the car right now till tomorrow sorry got busy today and forgot basicly Sorry guys!
dont worry.
Correct got it at a steal of a deal too. Here's those pics everyone is waiting on got some time to take some today. Please take in mind car's been sitting since 06 since the timing cover messed up and then i started to tear it down for the rebuild process. Decide to go with a Th400 and a transbrake but what stall should and would be the best for the 61mm turbo?

l_c21be1df11d5482fbcdaa6943aa4e514.jpg

l_d37327c131d0476c8b24a191f6a7e0cd.jpg

l_704778f4ce5241fdaeb9f4c092a1a59b.jpg

how much do you want for the holley on the drawthru motor?

Ok guy's The pics look nice, bout time to stop re-quoting them lol.
and about it taking a week I was just playing it up a bit, it's just so far away from and higher than the fuel tank.

Ok guy's The pics look nice, bout time to stop re-quoting them lol.
and about it taking a week I was just playing it up a bit, it's just so far away from and higher than the fuel tank.

I knew you were lol i was think that you thought there was some gas in the tank or lines lol. But on the Carb do you think a Standard 600-650cfm Double pumper would be the best for my new Weiand Smokey Yunick intake? I'm going to port and polish the F out of the intake when i get it!

Pics of my New intake!!
l_b23c771061dd492c8ffbc59fac240888.jpg

l_470c550bcab644afa45811b9c2895e12.jpg

l_34ca4cf22510484f864bf3224024c6ca.jpg

I knew you were lol i was think that you thought there was some gas in the tank or lines lol. But on the Carb do you think a Standard 600-650cfm Double pumper would be the best for my new Weiand Smokey Yunick intake? I'm going to port and polish the F out of the intake when i get it!

Yes they would be fine, even clear up to a 750. But still that 800CFM you have will work it just takes 3 times the tuning and a couple more tricks to get it to work OK IE: 1.5 butterfly throttle plate vs 1.75, The smaller CFM carbs respond faster and take less work to get right.

Yes they would be fine, even clear up to a 750. But still that 800CFM you have will work it just takes 3 times the tuning and a couple more tricks to get it to work OK IE: 1.5 butterfly throttle plate vs 1.75, The smaller CFM carbs respond faster and take less work to get right.

So with my combo, 61mm PTE most likely at 22-24psi since i have MLS cometic's and ARP's and the manifold ported and polished with the heads the same with 3 angle valve job. What is the best carb to go with CFM wise Adam?

650 will be great with the camshaft you have and if you found one that has annular boosters or straight boosters at best would also be beneficial. don't look for downleg boosters.

650 will be great with the camshaft you have and if you found one that has annular boosters or straight boosters at best would also be beneficial. don't look for downleg boosters.

K will do i'll find one asap! And then ship it off to you for the mod's and take your time i dont expect it back or anything to happen right away.

Ok well some what of an update. Got some TRW piston's .030 overbore and some two dot rods with them. I'm going to use the piston's but scrap the rods for my 4340 Forged rods i have. Also looking into some new rims I'm going with a 15x4 in the front thinking either a 165/75/R15 or something close to that in the front. Dont know really what to do in the back as long as backspacing either 4.5 or 5.5 I know if i go to big in the rear i have to C notch the frame to accept the tire. I'm going with a hoosier ET type DOT in a 26x9x15 Just wonder what would really be the best backspacing in my rim i'm going with 15x8 no 10'' for me.

The TRW's wont work with the rods you have. They're much longer so the piston will stick out of the block. To use the TRW's you have to use the stock rod, sorry.

The TRW's wont work with the rods you have. They're much longer so the piston will stick out of the block. To use the TRW's you have to use the stock rod, sorry.

The rods i have are stock stroke? How will they not work?

The stock rod is less than 6" and by going to a longer rod you need a shorter piston. You're not changing the stroke but you are changine the height of the piston. You have to use a custom made piston. Not to mention that the pin is a smaller diameter for the hi-po rods you got. I have a set myself and haven't had the cash to buy the pistons yet.

The stock rod is less than 6" and by going to a longer rod you need a shorter piston. You're not changing the stroke but you are changine the height of the piston. You have to use a custom made piston. Not to mention that the pin is a smaller diameter for the hi-po rods you got. I have a set myself and haven't had the cash to buy the pistons yet.

Just got off work but before i left yep your right i'll call JE or ross and see about order some custom one's!

6.650 rods?

whats the point?

your throwing money away.

Your going to spend a good chunk for a set of pistons that will require ring support rails on the pins. super short pistons.

honestly think you will make 650+ horsepower? the stock 2dot rods worked over with a set of diamonds or JEs or Wiescos would be just fine and save you like 800 dollars.

just saying..... there needs to be more thought about this combo.... there are alot of details missing.

Also, if you have a 6152..... and it looks to be on an import.... are you going to convert it back to a 3 bolt housing? im looking for a 4 bolt if you want to trade.

A.j.

6.650 rods?

whats the point?

your throwing money away.

Your going to spend a good chunk for a set of pistons that will require ring support rails on the pins. super short pistons.

honestly think you will make 650+ horsepower? the stock 2dot rods worked over with a set of diamonds or JEs or Wiescos would be just fine and save you like 800 dollars.

just saying..... there needs to be more thought about this combo.... there are alot of details missing.

Also, if you have a 6152..... and it looks to be on an import.... are you going to convert it back to a 3 bolt housing? im looking for a 4 bolt if you want to trade.

A.j.

Turbo was on an import but just need the 3 bolt to put on my new header's. And I like my rods just gunna use them with a custom piston set.