1978 Pontiac Sunbird (Monza like)

fuzzyGN

Wondering if anyone in the SW area would be interested in a 78 Sunbird. It has been in Southern NM basically its entire life so no rust. It is a complete car but the paint has peeling clear coat and part is in primer. Currently it has a semi-fresh TH-350 (has been parked) and one of my spare 20 bolt 109 blocks with a mild cam and ported heads. It has a 4.1L 4bbl carb and intake with super rare Buick V6 H-body headers. Great starting point for a project. I need to repo the car but I could probably get pictures as is now. I do have some from a couple years ago when I "sold" the car to the guy. A little more dirty now. I need to find out what all the car needs before I can get an honest price but I am thinking somewhere near $1K. Let me know if there is any interest. I am about 5 hours from Nick Micale and can get the car over there if need be. Thanks

Is everybody afraid of a little work :D? Three years ago these cars were impossible to find and now they seem to be worth scrap prices. Maybe I should open an H-body museum.

It sounds like it would be a fun project, but my g/f would kill me if I bought a 3rd car that needed work.

That is becoming my problem as well. With this latest repo I have had this same car in my possesion 4 times! The wife is very understanding but she is getting tired of looking at it. At least this one runs and drives. Actually a pretty nice car for a 78 that was basically a throw away in the day. It would make an awesome blow thru car. Already has the correct block. A teaser pic of what it was when I sold it.

Attachments

• PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    487.7 KB · Views: 93
Cool, my friend had a 78 Monza coupe in high school with a 305, felt so fast back then.

I like to barter. What do you have? I am in the middle of my N/A build right now but always collecting for the next project :D