1978 Cadillac Seville

rbarragan

Hello everyone I was thinking about starting a new project. I live in California and with all the tough smog laws I was thinking of building a 1978 Cadillac Seville with a full grand national drive train. I have access to the caddy which is beautiful. And the great thing is it came from the factory diesel so no SMOG. I know the Seville's were built on the G body platform do everything should be plug and play. Was wondering if anyone has done this?

Attachments

• image-2785265317.jpg
    image-2785265317.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 139
Kalifornication law requires that the chasis or engine, which ever is the newer, is required for testing. Move to another state and you should be fine but where you are you're screwed.:(

Sevilles were FWD weren't they?
How would CA know it has a GN engine in it, as far as they would know, it still has the diesel in it, unless someone told the BMV or however cared..

That generation of Seville is a K-body which is built off of the X-body Nova (and clones) and shares most of its stuff in a general sense with the 2nd Gen F-body as well. The mounts would be available since the Buick Apollo and Skylark both came with Buick 350's and 231 V6's. I think it'd be a great platform to build off of since the non-diesel cars had EFI (TBI I'm pretty sure) and by 78 it came with 4 wheel discs and a nice 8.5in 10 bolt rear end. However it does use the 5x5in bolt pattern and a fair number of specific parts otherwise it would just be an X-special like the 70-72 Monte Carlo/Grand Prix were A-Specials since while different almost all of the bolt on stuff was interchangable with a Chevelle/Tempest.