1971 Hemi Challenger--1800 original miles; The Mother Lode

purely a sweet color and awesome car.....but as Turbo-Guy said should not be allowed here,I am assuming turbo-guy is a long time member that just signed in with a new screen name,since he doesn't want an INFRACTION.......which is what happens when you do ??? a moderator

please move this to the NON-Buick related area:eek: :eek:

even so, he should have the balls to speak his opinion. I DID:biggrin:

Posted by NHRA
Wow, your knowledge of the musclecar market is exemplary....considering the 71 Hemi Cuda is the pinnacle of all musclecars I think your statement demonstrates a bit of cluelessness.

First of all, its a challenger, not a cuda. Secondly, 70 is the pinnacle yr for a challenger or cuda, not "All" Muslce Cars, What about the Shelby's and Yenko's??? Would love to have me a 71 Yenko or Copo Camaro!!! I KNOW your statement demonstrates a bit of cluelessness!!!

Posted by NHRA
Wow, your knowledge of the musclecar market is exemplary....considering the 71 Hemi Cuda is the pinnacle of all musclecars I think your statement demonstrates a bit of cluelessness.

First of all, its a challenger, not a cuda. Secondly, 70 is the pinnacle yr for a challenger or cuda, not "All" Muslce Cars, What about the Shelby's and Yenko's??? Would love to have me a 71 Yenko or Copo Camaro!!! I KNOW your statement demonstrates a bit of cluelessness!!!

Uh, nope. '71 'Cudas are the most desirable based on sales results.

X2. Awsesome car. The color is fine in my opinion, it's nostalgic of the era. I don't get why it's the wrong year.:confused:

1970 was the pinnacle of all muscle cars and the last, Starting in 1971 it was like the death of the super cars, Emissions standards had forced a switch to low lead fuel, Insurance surcharges on super cars prompted tamer power-to-weight ratios from the big 3, I was a young man in 1970 and when I saw the 1970 Chevy 454 LS6 Chevelle, I went to different dealers getting their best price, All I wanted was Blue with black inside a 8 track and the drag package, After going to the 3rd. dealer he said I can get you one without trade for $2400 so I said lets do it, Later he called me and said the drag package had a HD trunk mounted battery and it would be $50 more. Well when it come in I remember it like it was yesterday, Set half the night with a CCR tape in the 8 track and watching the cow induction when I rev the engine BUT when I went to get Insurance the party was over as they said sell the car boy no way will you get Insurance with that motor, I held out for almost 2 months driving it before the State boys made me sell it to a used car lot, Even though I could pay for it and just use it for a drag car, They made me sell it, That is why I know so much about it,

The worse the color. the more$$$ it brings. that car is bad azz. that would be a nice turbo conversion:eek: . I will trade you my ZR1 my girlfriend and the big screen tv. What do you think. the vette and the tv are pretty nice:biggrin:

Posted by NHRA

Hey dumbass, why don't you do your homework. Mopar kept the musclecar movement alive in 71, HP ratings didn't go down, unlike GM and to some degree Ford.

This is a waste of my time and doesn't matter since you can't afford the taxes on your trailer let alone this car.

Hey dumbass, why don't you do your homework. Mopar kept the musclecar movement alive in 71, HP ratings didn't go down, unlike GM and to some degree Ford.

This is a waste of my time and doesn't matter since you can't afford the taxes on your trailer let alone this car.

Dumbass???? Trailer???? Your the one who drives a Subaru. Who's Laughing Now? Also, be careful who you talk to in here, lots of people with lots more money than you im sure

Dumbass???? Trailer???? Your the one who drives a Subaru. Who's Laughing Now? Also, be careful who you talk to in here, lots of people with lots more money than you im sure

Yes, but with your spelling and grammar I can rest assured you are not one of them. Good day.

Not even sure what that last nebulous response is even supposed to mean, but chances are I don't agree with it. Why don't you PM me if you have a problem with me correcting the other dude who knows nothing about musclecars. Based on your most impressive collection of American iron I'm sure you well know the value difference between 70 and 71 vintage Mopars.

You might want to unload that Hemi. With the mopar bubble bursting at the same time the housing market took a dump I'm sure it is losing value by the minute. Pretty car though...love those poverty caps.

It would appear I posted the ad to the wrong forum.....which would've been purely an accident. Was probably just browsing the wrong forum when I clicked "post new thread." To those who simply must be as uptight as a nun in a Vegas strip club, I sincerely apologize for knocking your world so off kilter. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Mr. OnePostTroll for being the first to point it out.

Regarding the car, this particular car is the king of the mountain as far as muscle cars that are actually available for sale. It's pedigree and originality are beyond reproach, and that's in ADDITION to what it actually is. You won't find one with any more upside potential than this one over the long term.

Color is very interesting....and true, very different. It looks deep green in overcast light, and a super dark gold/green in sunlight. Interior is black. Vinyl top is also dark gold/green.

There is a ton of interest in the car. Stay tuned as I see who's for real and who isn't.

Very nice car Doug-

That color is odd but i really think it looks great, would look alot better with a hot 21 year old girl in a 2 piece bent over washing the wheels and tires:biggrin:

BW

Ahh, but what car WOULDN'T look better with said babe bending over the hood and winking at you....hehe.