1971 Chevelle swap for modded GN

Mike Z

After years of having Chevelles, I'm ready to try something different for a change of pace. My last few GN's have been junkers, so I really haven't had opportunity to drive and enjoy them.

Am interested in trading my drag radial '71 Chevelle for a modified Grand National. Not interested in something with 7k miles that I'm afraid to drive, but rather something fast that is driveable.

The parts list on the '71 is huge. Quality parts everywhere. Original 427 (not a 454 with 427/396 crank), rectangular port heads. ATI TH400 with transbrake, 5500 stall, reverse manual valve body. Moser 9" with 4.30's. Will type in the complete parts list on here if there is interest, or can provide.

Car is as driveable as a 10 second big block car with gears can be. Has a 400 horsepower capable nitrous kit on it, but this motor has never been sprayed. Car runs clean, and stays at 180 degrees with the water pump on high, on the hottest days. Starts easily and reliable, idles clean (but big choppy cam). Is totally obnoxious sounding on the street, has 4" Borla mufflers. Turns heads everywhere.

Body is dead straight, and beautiful. Black cherry paint that really pops in the sun, with light silver stripes. Tried to upload picture, but I guess my file size is too big. Can e-mail, if someone would resize it for me to fit on here.

Sent you pictures of the Chevelle, if you could post for me. Yours looks interesting, but I think mine's worth somewhere around $22,000 or so. Let me know what you think...

Mike, That Chevelle is beautiful, Hope you the best of luck with trading it... I still have to mull it over.

tired uploading the pics, files are too large. only thing you can do is host them online somewhere.

and if you were interested in my gn, how much $$ would you want?

Probably would settle for somewhere around $8,000 if you think the paint would clean up decent.

Man this is a sweet car. Good luck with the sale. If I didn't need my T-Type to haul my son around in, I'd be all over this.

I'm really not so sure I should be doing anything with the car, but I just get fickle and like to go new directions. Thanks for the complements!

is this car still for trade/sale???...i have an 87 gn t-top with some bolt on mods in excellent shape...ill go out to where its stored and take some pics by this weekend and ill have to talk it over with partner...let me know if still available...thanks noah.

I think I chickened out, guys. Sorry. Am going to look at a GN in Pennsylvania on Saturday. It's priced reasonable enough that I'll just keep the Chevelle, and have the GN too.
Thanks for the interest, and the compliments on the car. I know if I get rid of it, I'll regret it.

Would love to see it, do you have a website? Can you send me a link, or some pictures?