#197 on Ebay

VETROC

Looks pretty nice except for the rusty underside pics and the rust beneath the passenger side door.

At the current price which noone has bid ($35,000) seems like a great deal. It is a no reserve auction so who knows where it will end up!

AHHH, Northern cars

Just another reason not to buy a Northern Car. The underside looks terrible. A little wire brushing and some POR aould go a long way!

How come no bids? Anyone know anything about the history on this particular car?

Even at 35k that car is a steal;)

I wouldn't say it was a steal at 35k in that condition. I would say 35k is about what that one is worth. It is driver quality for sure and has alot of life left in it, but the bodywork needs attention immediately before it gets worse. It would be a good car for a body/paint guy to pick up to save some money on the repairs. It would be fun to drive one. Just my .02

Bryan

I wouldn't say it was a steal at 35k in that condition. I would say 35k is about what that one is worth. It is driver quality for sure and has alot of life left in it, but the bodywork needs attention immediately before it gets worse. It would be a good car for a body/paint guy to pick up to save some money on the repairs. It would be fun to drive one. Just my .02

Bryan

I'm sure its not in the condition of the 9 mile "time capsules" we see pop up on Ebay, but you make this car sound like a basket case. Am I missing something other than some surface rust on the undercarriage?

That GNX should not have ANY rust on it! Guess it needs a little TLC by the new owner...

I'm sure its not in the condition of the 9 mile "time capsules" we see pop up on Ebay, but you make this car sound like a basket case. Am I missing something other than some surface rust on the undercarriage?

There is also rust on the passenger side rocker. It is by no means a basket-case and I did not imply that it was. It is a car that was driven and enjoyed for 55,000 miles. But in a part of the country that is prone to snow/salt it was not properly cared for. I was just stating MY opinion of what I would be willing to spend on it given the current condition and mileage. I am not an expert on the GNX or what it is worth. I do think that the car can and should be restored. What the new owner is willing to spend on that process is anybody's guess but it is a determining factor on what will be paid for the car.

Bryan

No reply

I asked the seller for additional information on the car and to send more pictures of the car, they never got back to me either. How can you expect to sell a car with kind of service?

You would think when selling a GNX that you would have PLENTY of high res pics. Without the close-up shots, that should be expected, it leaves alot of questions as to the real condition of the car and the further question of "what is the seller trying to hide"
I would guess that there was something to hide.

Bryan

You would think when selling a GNX that you would have PLENTY of high res pics. Without the close-up shots, that should be expected, it leaves alot of questions as to the real condition of the car and the further question of "what is the seller trying to hide"
I would guess that there was something to hide.

Bryan

Not necessarily true. Some people just don't know any better. You would be surprised at how many times I see someone trying to sell a 67 GT500 are selling from scan of old photographs or 4 total pics from 30 feet away.

Without getting into to much detail - I had this car inspected and decided against buying it -theres a reason there arent better pics

I dont want to bad mouth another members car - my post should be enough of an explanation or another potential buyer can do his own homework