1968 Dodge Coronet 500, 383-6pk, 727 Auto, 3:55 SureGrip, CO car

Dave C

Life is Short ~ Enjoy Your Ride!
$13,500 - OBO located in MASS

If you are looking for a nice b-body Mopar project, I have this Colorado born and raised 68 Dodge Coronet 500. This is a THREE owner Colorado car still wearing all of its original sheetmetal. A minor fender bender prompted the original owner back in the 80's to respray the car in its original Dark Turquoise Hue. Originally a 318 car, the 2nd owner bought the car in 1995 in Colorado Springs, he was a retired Air Force guy looking for a "toy" to build. He put in a fully rebuilt 1969 383 block, forged crank, 906 rebuilt heads and a nice sounding cam. He put on a brand new six-pack setup that was fed by a Holley electric fuel pump. He pulled out the single legger rear and replaced it with the stout 8-3/4 Sure Grip with 3:55's and new Hemi spec rear leaf springs. The car has power steering and manual drum brakes. The interior has a new carpet and the bucket seats are still in the original white vinyl, but some of the stitching has let go so it wears sheepskin seat covers. It also has the rare "buddy seat" option. It has new (2001) Cragar mags all round with BF Goodrich Radial TA/s. The car also comes with the original factory steel wheels and tires. The battery was relocated to trunk. It has a MSD adjustable billet distributer, Crane hi-power ignition and in line fuel pressure regulator.
The trans is a column shifted 727 Torqueflite auto with Hemi spec rebuild. It has a minor leak from the front and I've been told it's the input seal. The very bottom of the rear quarters have rust starting but should be an easy fix, the floor is solid. Has minor issue with pass side frame rail - see pics.

Extra parts include a brand new 4 core radiator and Mopar hi-flow water pump. Also have trunk refurb kit (original spatter paint kit, weatherstripping and vinyl trunk mat from Eastwood. I have a spare center 2-bbl carb for the 6-pack, and a complete set of repop wheel well moldings. I have the build sheet (I removed it from rear seat springs) and almost all of the car's documentation from new.

I estimate it would take a weekend to get this car running again. It's been in a garage since 2001 and has not run since. The brake pedal goes to the floor as well. This was a running and driving car before it was parked. To find a 60's B-body this solid with this much upside and all the heavy lifting already done for you - LOCALLY, is rare. This bad boy could be a very nice Coronet R/T tribute - 4 emblems and a hood and you're 99% there!

PICS HERE

20161001_104851.jpg

20161001_102616.jpg

20161001_102546.jpg

20161001_102521.jpg

IMG_9013.jpg

IMG_9009.jpg

IMG_8995.jpg

IMG_8994.jpg

IMG_8954.jpg