1850 HP 6 cylinder @ Real Street Performance

Holy Crap!!! 100psi of boost?!?!

What are some typical "high boost levels" ?

I think it was actually 105psi of boost on their 5 second passes. Look up Ekanoo racing 5 second supra. There are videos out there. A friend of mine drives the car.

The heads don't flow a huge amount of air so it takes a really high boost number to push it in. Compared to something like a 481x or TAFC Hemi engine we see In the top radial tire classes now. They make about 4,000hp with twin 98-102mm turbo cramming 70psi into those engines.

Thanks Dusty. I had no idea those types of boost levels were possible.

I looked at that engine as a potential swap candidate in my old Rambler, but ended up with LS power as it was just a bit too long. A couple years ago, 2JZ's were available regularly on E-Bay for ~ $3k complete...

I looked at that engine as a potential swap candidate in my old Rambler, but ended up with LS power as it was just a bit too long. A couple years ago, 2JZ's were available regularly on E-Bay for ~ $3k complete...

This is probably going to freak out anyone that just payed an insane amount of money to have a 3.8 built.

These 2jz motors can be had insanely cheap.
VERY Low Mile Twin Turbo 2jz's can be had WITH Transmissions for about $2K or less, INCLUDING SHIPPING and : Twin Turbo's, Intake and Exhaust Manifolds,Throttle body, injectors,ecm and harness,igniton,maf,alternator,a/c compressor, pulleys, belts,hoses,wires,etc. etc. with no core charge or exchange,AND a warranty .:eek:
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/2jz-engine

N/A versions can also be found all over craigs list for a few hundred bucks.
They put thousands of them into lexus's like this one.
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5514252370.html

Last edited:
I could see one in at Toyota truck with a 400 behind it and a 9 inch rear.

No reason to freak out. Having the engine is step one. To get a 1200hp monster, it's definitely not cheap. I'm not going to give any numbers but my friend spent a lot more than I did on my car (Conley built). It's the same as everything else, the faster you want to go the more it's going to cost.

Too bad domestic OEM's never put together a bad azz i6 together and used forced induction. It's not like the i6 was invented by Toyota.

They did... Cummins!

Didn't know that. I am aware of the Lencki 6, which was produced in the late 30's and was an i6 with DOC. NA they make about 400 or 500 hp. They can be converted to SFI as well. It was strictly for racing though.