1850 HP 6 cylinder @ Real Street Performance

Mike T

Just came across this video on you tube. The guy in the video is Jay, he is the co owner and engine builder @ RSP. He also has been working on some GNs lately but mostly specializes in imports.

I met him a couple of years when he dynoed my car.....super nice guy and very down to earth.

Still sounds like a sewing machine. Albeit an angry turbocharged sewing machine.

Wonder how long an engine like that survives before requiring a tear down?

Still sounds like a sewing machine. Albeit an angry turbocharged sewing machine.

Wonder how long an engine like that survives before requiring a tear down?

I was wondering the same thing..... a guess but at that power level I bet it already has some issues just from dyno time. If you notice a little water or something was leaking around the water pump in the video. The power far surpasses anything I would have imagined.

Somewhere in the video I believe there was a printout that showed 53psi of boost:eek:

Last edited:
Looked like about 53# of boost.

Roughly about 3.5X atmospheres.

Last edited:
This is my car at their old shop on the dyno. Roughly 1/4 of the HP ......kinda hurts the pride a little. At least it was only pump gas with a little room for more.

Last edited:
That's a 2jz { 6 cyl }

I wish my tr motor sounded half as good as that "sewing machine " .
That puppy is turning {{{ 9000 RPM }}} :eek:

Last edited:
That's a 2jz { 6 cyl }

I wish my tr motor sounded half as good as that "sewing machine " .

Oh wow! your right I don't know how I missed that. Now I feel a little better by comparison.

Were still at over 300hp per hole!

Oh wow! your right I don't know how I missed that. Now I feel a little better by comparison.

Were still at over 300hp per hole!

Yaeh, very impressive motors.
If you read the beginning specs, it says that was done using a stock unported head. AMAZING !!!!!

Last edited:
A production block on par with some of our best stage motors:cool:.
Yep! I've seen several here that use the stock long block. They buy them otc, at the Yota dlr...Last 1 I saw wasn't really expensive..Sounded like a pissed off hornet!

A few years back Titan blew up their 2 race motors in their Supra and stopped by the dealer on the way to the next race to get another engine. The car ran high 7's in the 1/4 on a bone stock engine.

They have been 5's now in the 1/4 on the OEM block and head. Granted it does have some custom hardware but 9,000 rpm and 100psi of boost is pretty impressive for a production block and head casting.

Assembled a 2JZ with a buddy of mine for his Supra. All I kept thinking was "Not Fair!!" while that motor went together. That one makes 860 to the tires with a 6766 4 bolt.

I wish our motors magically had 7 main caps and belt drive over head cams with 4 valves.... lol

Some of the racing diesels are running around 100 psi. There's probably a few Buick's running a ton of boost too but you just don't hear about it.
If the Toyota can live through it I would think that a well built and tuned stage motor could handle 50 psi also.

You always hear that boost is just a number but in the case of the engine in the video more boost = more power.

A friend of mine got his Supra back from Jay late last year. It's putting down around 1200hp. It's just ridiculous how fast that thing is. I think he's running 40-45 psi.

Wow! I had no idea that much boost was being run. I have heard about 30-35+ psi, but that is about all.

Thanks

I think he told me it was running 43. We're supposed to get out to Bandimere in a couple of weeks. It doesn't have a cage so he's only going to get one pass but I'll let you guys know how it goes. Hopefully he can crack the 9's. Makes my car feel like a dog. Lol!

The motor in the video is only their mid level motor ( RS 1600 )
Towards the beginning of the video the Caption reads, Unfilled Production Block,and is refered to as a " Street Shortblock ". :eek:
At 2:08 in the video it shows 3 diff motor levels.
I'd like to know what the " RS 2000+ " motor is capable of.

Not only is it crazy that this "Street Shortblock " is holding together on a dyno at 9000 rpm and over 1800 hp and that it was all done with the oem block and heads,
but this thing is also only 183 cubic inches. ( 3.0 litre ) and making those crazy numbers.

Last edited:
It's a development video so they were probably testing limits. My friend has the RS1600 setup and is putting down 1200hp. Here's a video they put together when they were working on his car.

It's pretty crazy. There are four stages to the tune. When you hit the fourth stage, you're flat out moving. It runs E85 in case anyone was wondering.