17" Black Street Lites are on

I just dont think the 9.5" would on fit on "this car" w/o rolling the lips and I did not want to do that---plus at $300 per wheel I did not want to be eating a set of wheels if they dont fit....

I just today removed the wheel opening mouldings to have them re-powder coated and I think they will be left off--the car looks very clean with em off...

side pics added

Attachments

• side3.jpg
    side3.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 758
  • side4.jpg
    side4.jpg
    729.1 KB · Views: 457
  • side5.jpg
    side5.jpg
    835.4 KB · Views: 540
Im gonna take a stab in the dark...the color is Super Grape Poly...mid 90's GM. Am I correct? It looks very similar to the chassis and roll cage in my 62 Pro Street car and that is my color.

I just dont think the 9.5" would on fit on "this car" w/o rolling the lips and I did not want to do that---plus at $300 per wheel I did not want to be eating a set of wheels if they dont fit....

I just today removed the wheel opening mouldings to have them re-powder coated and I think they will be left off--the car looks very clean with em off...

side pics added
Looks great!

car loooks awesome...but do you have pics of the car with the wheels you had before they had a red stripe around the rim i think...

Still have stock billet specialty wheels boxed in storage.. can switch back anytime if I want

Attachments

• 1986 TType.jpg
    1986 TType.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 490
Looking good Joe. Let me know when you get tired of those wheels..................just kidding. ;)

Looks good! I run 17's and had those M&H 275 50 DR's on 17x8 in the rear. Any track results yet?

Hey J, just out of curiousity, why did you go with 4.5" BS and not 4.0" of BS? From sites I have seen, they recommend 17x7 3.5" BS for front and 17x8 4.5" BS for the rear. But I'd imagine you could get away with 4.0" BS for the rear.

If the other sites recommend a 4.5" backspacing and he went with a 4,5" backspacing - what's the problem?

I thoroughly read the post and you were referring to 4" vs 4.5" backspacing on the rear wheels.

I thoroughly read the post and you were referring to 4" vs 4.5" backspacing on the rear wheels.
Quote from my post "Hey J, just out of curiousity, why did you go with 4.5" BS and not 4.0" of BS?" Thank you. Now read the rest of the post and I obviously had two questions. But let me make it easy for you. I apologize for expecting common sense. So....here is my question to make it easy for some folks:

1. Alot of companies recommend 3.5" backspacing on 17x7's for the front, so why did you go as far as 4.5 BS and not just 4.0. Lastly, why not 3.5?
2. Alot of companies recommend 4.5" backspacing on 17x8's for the rear. However, I see most going 4.0" backspacing, in fact, many saying that 4.5 looks too "tucked". Was it to fit alot of tire in there without rubbing the fender lip?

Looking forward to hearing from you J. Seen you go through wheels like you do gas. I'd like to hear from your former experiences.

My original thoughts on it would be some people use a 4.5" backspacing for fronts like I am if installing larger aftermarket front brakes which push out the rotors 1/2" to the outside so essentially you end up with a backspacing similar to 4".

Car is amazingly badass! Love the color, stance, and you might have talked me into going to a 17" now....